Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

Old 26-01-2012, 20:16   #136
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!
Re: Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

And start taking some photos to document it for evidence.
Advertisement
Old 23-12-2013, 01:51   #137
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

virgin media cable in my garden and it is for my neighbours service Virgin media came out to remove the cable three times and my neighbour gave three different reasons to why she wanted to stay in my garden 1st being that she wanted the service but wanted the cable to remain in my garden 2nd reasons is that she wanted VM to promise that they would not cut through any other cable in her garden to which VM could not guarantee the 3rd and wait for this she then told VM that it was her land. Two field managers came out to see me and i proved the land was mine but they said they would not be moving it and now i have to pay a lawyer to send a copy of the deeds to their legal team why should i have to pay when i have proved to there field manager the land is mine!!! so angry at VM....why do they not ask my neighbour for prove that the land is her's i will be sending them a letter from my lawyer and i will be claiming my loss from them as i have proved the land is mine as after all TITLE DEEDS PROVE THE LAND IS MINE so what is there problem Did i say in my opinion VM took the easy way to route the cable as my neighbours garden is full of trees i mean big leylandii trees, where as my garden is soil why does VM do this as only the owner of a property can give them permission.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 05:00   #138
tizmeinnit

shove a spade through it "accidentally"
Old 23-12-2013, 10:51   #139
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

That's the Christmas spirit....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 15:53   #140
insulatorpotty
Inactive

insulatorpotty is an unknown quantity at this point

chop it out asap. see this all the time. the standard of cable laying/ fixing/ termination at most customer premises by virgin 'contractors/employees is friggin shocking. and that is the reason i will not have virgin tv installed at my property.

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
virgin media cable in my garden and it is for my neighbours service Virgin media came out to remove the cable three times and my neighbour gave three different reasons to why she wanted to stay in my garden 1st being that she wanted the service but wanted the cable to remain in my garden 2nd reasons is that she wanted VM to promise that they would not cut through any other cable in her garden to which VM could not guarantee the 3rd and wait for this she then told VM that it was her land. Two field managers came out to see me and i proved the land was mine but they said they would not be moving it and now i have to pay a lawyer to send a copy of the deeds to their legal team why should i have to pay when i have proved to there field manager the land is mine!!! so angry at VM....why do they not ask my neighbour for prove that the land is her's i will be sending them a letter from my lawyer and i will be claiming my loss from them as i have proved the land is mine as after all TITLE DEEDS PROVE THE LAND IS MINE so what is there problem Did i say in my opinion VM took the easy way to route the cable as my neighbours garden is full of trees i mean big leylandii trees, where as my garden is soil why does VM do this as only the owner of a property can give them permission.
you should have just chopped it out. then refused access when the repair team turned up. you will win in court anyway but it would have saved a lot of stress and effort on your part.
insulatorpotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 18:11   #141
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
well the neighbour and VM appear to have shown no respect so none is earnt
Old 23-12-2013, 18:29   #142
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era
Quote:
Originally Posted by insulatorpotty View Post
chop it out asap. see this all the time. the standard of cable laying/ fixing/ termination at most customer premises by virgin 'contractors/employees is friggin shocking. and that is the reason i will not have virgin tv installed at my property.

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
you should have just chopped it out. then refused access when the repair team turned up. you will win in court anyway but it would have saved a lot of stress and effort on your part.
Yep that's why I buried my own cable.

Team 1 came and installed the cable, but left it coiled up.

I dug my lawn and buried it 12" deep.

Team 2 came to finish the job,
But job had already been done.

They even admitted to me they would only bury it 6" but previous experiences suggest I would be lucky if it was buried 4".
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 18:54   #143
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Bah humbug.

Chop up the cable and wrap it up in a christmas wrapper?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 22:19   #144
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

getting boundary survey and sending it to their legal team and i will bill Virgin Media for the expense as i have proved it is my land by producing title deeds but a boundary survey then it is so detailed there will be no misunderstanding about who owns the land ..... the survey is getting done on the 9th of January 2014 oh happy days....
Old 28-12-2013, 07:11   #145
Nidge41
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky TV, VM 100Meg Broadband
Nidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
shove a spade through it "accidentally"
That would be my response.
Nidge41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 09:07   #146
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Wow!

The poster has not said any damage to his property was caused (besides his/her understandable annoyance), and yet these sort of responses are given.

Let's hope you never park your car causing someone inconvenience, and the person doesn't share your attitude....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 09:31   #147
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Wow!

The poster has not said any damage to his property was caused (besides his/her understandable annoyance), and yet these sort of responses are given.

Let's hope you never park your car causing someone inconvenience, and the person doesn't share your attitude....
it is the attitude of the neighbour and VM nothing to do with damage to the garden.

If your usual none relevant analogy was to happen and the person was to say please could you move your car and the other said person was to have an attitude after being asked then it may work.............................................. .................................................
Old 28-12-2013, 10:56   #148
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

As to Hugh comments It is my land and it is above the ground i wanted to mono block my front garden so i requested VM remove their cable from my property because if their was ever a fault they would not ruin my garden as they have quoted to us if there was ever a fault with that cable they would have to dig up where the cable lies in MY Garden to fix it. Ask yourself this Hugh would you like to have a garden people are using for sevice you are not getting then be told if you ever were to do hard landscape to it and you paid good monies to make your garden look quite nice VM dug it all up to repair the fault for services you are not getting but neighbour is... oh by the way neighbour has been told that the cable should be in her garden but guess what YIP she wants it to remain in quote In The Neighbours Ground Her words to VM field manager. I just thought prevention was better than cure. This neighbour does not get on with anyone in the estate cos of their selfish attitude hope you never get a neighbour like this bet you would be like me and really angry at their arrogant attitude. I really do hope you never experience this Hugh as i would not wish this on my worst enemy... Or would let someone put a sattelite dish on your home or VM cables in your garden to supply your neighbour if so hats of to you man..
Old 28-12-2013, 17:29   #149
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I have a neighbour who takes pride in his garden his front lawn could be used on a golf green.

He would be miffed if it was dug up.

Personally I would dig it up and dump it on his lawn, no criminal damage as it was placed on my property without my express permission signed on paper.

I would first sen VM a letter stating that unless they removed said cable from my property withing x number of days I would remove it and bill them for doing so.
Old 28-12-2013, 18:44   #150
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

It seems absurd that you need to get a boundary survey? If that is the case then there has probably already been a lot of legal correspondence so that the alleged trespass of the cable over your garden is not that clear cut. If it were clear cut then, regardless of the attitude of VM's field managers, who you indicate accept there is a problem, the legals would have told them to remove it.

So has there in fact been any formal written notice, ideally recorded delivery, so VM's legals do know there is a dispute?
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote