Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 200mb upgrade issue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Website randomly doesnt exist on VM

Old 03-10-2015, 14:07   #1
AdyCarter
Inactive

AdyCarter is an unknown quantity at this point
Website randomly doesnt exist on VM

Afternoon,

Please help, I'm going mad.

I need to access Vocare.org.uk I've been able to access it for months.

As of last Monday, I can't access it from home on any device using my VirginMedia connection.

Same devices, different networks and it works fine.

Any ideas what I can do?
AdyCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2015, 14:25   #2
karma mechanic
cf.member

karma mechanic will become famous soon enoughkarma mechanic will become famous soon enoughkarma mechanic will become famous soon enough
Re: Website randomly doesnt exist on VM

I just tried it and I can confirm that on my Android phone via 3G it works, via WiFi/SH2/Virgin it doesn't.

As to what you can do, either call them on 150 (and good luck explaining it!) or raise it over on the Virgin forums at community.virginmedia.com where you might find someone who can help.
karma mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 14:42   #3
AdyCarter
Inactive

Interesting, thanks, you've preserved my sanity!

Ive got no clue how to explain it to VM, but I guess I'll have to try!
Old 03-10-2015, 15:29   #4
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

DNS resolves OK for www.vocare.org.uk and the same for vocare.org.uk. (128.65.103.80)

Can't ping it though. Looks like it's being blocked somewhere in VM's network.
Old 03-10-2015, 15:36   #5
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Seems to get out of VM but lost near it's destination. VM CS may not be able to help you.

tracert_1.JPG
Old 03-10-2015, 15:39   #6
AdyCarter
Inactive

Cheers, its nice to know its not just me.

I stuck a clone of the OP up at http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...M/td-p/2927218 lets hope they can do something
Old 03-10-2015, 18:28   #7
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one

I'm on BT and it will not load
Old 03-10-2015, 19:12   #8
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

yeah, I was going to say that, I am not confident it is a VM issue. I can get to it through my vpn but it takes forever to load and using a server in Holland it times out
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 22:47   #9
hifi2007
Inactive

Services: vip package 100 meg broadband
hifi2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

there is a solution but its if you want to do it

its a pretty simple solution
download the Opera browser and in the settings at the top left of your page click the customize and control opera look for opera turbo and put a tick in it

done
Attached Images
File Type: jpg test.jpg (229.0 KB, 18 views)
hifi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 20:29   #10
The PIT
Inactive

The PIT will become famous soon enoughThe PIT will become famous soon enoughThe PIT will become famous soon enough

Works fine here on the virgin network no fancy solutions. I don't use virgins dns though.
The PIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 22:37   #11
toytown
Inactive

toytown is an unknown quantity at this point

Working here on VirginMedia also.
toytown is offline   Reply With Quote