Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media sending me a new superhub i don't need ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media sending me a new superhub i don't need ?

Old 01-03-2012, 17:19   #16
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media sending me a new superhub i don't need ?

as i say it been along time since i done it but i was sure it gave you qwuite a bit of details if you put the certain icomms code in next to the mac
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2012, 17:29   #17
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dee 11 View Post
ok will i called Virgin Media and they said it is a newer Hardware Version of the superhub. But i have the latest Hardware Version -2.00 ?

Standard Specification Compliant

EU DOCSIS 3.0
Hardware Version 2.00
Software Version V5.5.2R30
MAC Address
Serial Number
CM Certificate Installed
If you go to the thread were someone posted all the different photos of 2 different Superhubs you will see that the is no actually revision versions, because all the so called revisions are in those 2 devices and one had REV01, REV02 and REV03 parts in the one device.

They are all Hardware version 2 nothing more and the casings and chassis are just randomly picked out of a parts bin.

The is a new device coming sometime in the future that may have external antennas or not depending on whether it is aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 20:08   #18
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

what brand are they going with for the next device? asda smartprice - or am i going a little up market here?
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 20:22   #19
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Huawei has been rumoured as a second supplier but I'm not sure if they were in line for the Superhub 2. Can't remember who it was now... But Huawei make some pretty damn impressive kit.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 20:29   #20
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Huawei has been rumoured as a second supplier but I'm not sure if they were in line for the Superhub 2. Can't remember who it was now... But Huawei make some pretty damn impressive kit.
That one failed and was scrapped.
Old 01-03-2012, 22:34   #21
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
That one failed and was scrapped.
Christ it must have been bad.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 23:01   #22
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
Christ it must have been bad.
or it was good but VMs "rigorous lab tests" said it wasnt
Old 01-03-2012, 23:23   #23
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
or it was good but VMs "rigorous lab tests" said it wasnt
Or more likely, it was too much good and not enough cheap. Don't forget VM's track record on newer revisions of products is to make them even cheaper than the original by stripping out everything they could get away with.
Old 01-03-2012, 23:25   #24
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

i cant see what could be "even cheaper" than a basic modem and bulk bought routers
Old 01-03-2012, 23:39   #25
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

The same bulk router with the rubber feet removed to save money. They also removed the metal shield on the ethernet ports, and the antenna connectors and soldered the cables to the mainboard instead to save money. Oh, and they went for cheaper LEDs and removed the LED supports too, and built the case in 2 parts instead of 3 to save money.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:01   #26
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

update got the new superhub and its the same ?

Information

REV.03

Standard Specification Compliant EU DOCSIS 3.0
Hardware Version 2.00
Software Version V5.5.2R30
MAC Address
Serial Number
CM Certificate Installed
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:02   #27
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Duh. We told you that there isn't going to be any difference.
Old 02-03-2012, 17:27   #28
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dee 11 View Post
update got the new superhub and its the same ?
You could get 100 and they would all be identical, probably exactly the same as my 12 month old device.