Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 08-01-2012, 14:24   #136
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Thanks again MM,

That DirectTV HD guide looks super slick to navigate, this kind of buttery smooth UI is missing from all the EPG's we have in the UK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfLyS...eature=related

I really like the look of the German Sky guide from the little glimpse we get in that 30 video. Do you have any links to a more in depth look at the German Sky EPG in action? I'd love to see more to make a better judgement.

Edit: Found a better video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfLyS...eature=related
A few screenshots but written in German
http://www.sky.de/web/cms/de/kundenc...kyplus_anytime
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2012, 14:27   #137
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Is there anyway to view all planned recordings for the week ahead? At the moment I can only see the first episode of a series record show on the planner.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 14:44   #138
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Not sure what you mean, my planner shows my recordings upto 7 days from today.
Old 08-01-2012, 15:28   #139
LexDiamond
Inactive

LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Not sure what you mean, my planner shows my recordings upto 7 days from today.
On mine if a show is set for series record and there is more than 1 episode of that show then only the first episode is shown in the planner. Once the first episode is recorded then the second episode will appear as a planned recording. E.g in a week where there is more than 1 match of the day the planner only shows the next episode to be recorded. Then once this is recorded the following episode will appear.
Old 08-01-2012, 15:35   #140
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

I've a feeling its done like that to simplify things however remember Sky's STB only currently give you 7 days listings , you may get a few episodes listed in your series links on TIVO but I believe this is because VM TIVO provides 10-14 days listings on some channels however someone may correct me I'm sure doz007 would know.
Old 08-01-2012, 15:47   #141
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Yeah, if you look at your planned recordings on TiVo it will show every single episode that's due to be recorded. VM provide 14 days worth of EPG data when it's available but I believe some channels only plan 10-12 days in advance.

Looking in my Planned recordings at the moment for instance, the last show currently scheduled is on 20th.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 16:11   #142
LexDiamond
Inactive

Shame really as all other pvrs I have used list all episodes that exist within its current EPG. Bit its not really a big deal. Will be irrelevant once the app shows the planner in the future.
Old 08-01-2012, 16:43   #143
Doz007
cf.geek

Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

I'm sure you've already checked but can't you click on the folder of the series link in question to expand it letting you view all of the planned recordings?
Old 08-01-2012, 16:48   #144
LexDiamond
Inactive

As far as I am aware there isnt a folder in the planner for episodes to be recorded, only for already recorded shows
Old 08-01-2012, 17:01   #145
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
As far as I am aware there isnt a folder in the planner for episodes to be recorded, only for already recorded shows
That's correct. I guess it's personal preference , Im not that bothered simplicity does it for me so long as the show records.
Old 08-01-2012, 17:04   #146
Doz007
cf.geek

Ahhh, I see. I've not had Sky for a while so wasn't aware that the folder file structure wasn't used across the UI. Not being able to see all your planned recordings for the week is very poor.
Old 08-01-2012, 17:22   #147
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Subs sales slump for BSkyB?

http://advanced-television.com/index...ump-for-bskyb/

Quote:
Analysts suggest that BSkyB hit something of subscription sales slump in the autumn period, perhaps only achieving net sales of just 26,000. Last year (that is 2010) it signed up 140,000 net new subs.
Quote:
Instead BSkyB is doing extremely well signing up triple play consumers to its broadband and telephony products as well as trading plenty of subscribers up to its HDTV service.
Old 08-01-2012, 17:26   #148
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Yes it will be interesting to what their next quarterly results are even though l am a Virgin customer.
Old 08-01-2012, 17:36   #149
Doz007
cf.geek

Quote:
I'm not surprised to be honest. I'm looking into signing up at the minute and their box prices are absolutely crazy! Once they see sense, I'm sure subs will improve.
Old 08-01-2012, 17:41   #150
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
I'm not surprised to be honest. I'm looking into signing up at the minute and their box prices are absolutely crazy! Once they see sense, I'm sure subs will improve.
I used quidco when I joined
http://www.quidco.com/sky-digital-tv-and-broadband/

The standard 60hrs HD Sky+HD box is free whether you take HD or not
http://www.sky.com/quickbuy/build