Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Favourite Sitcoms

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Favourite Sitcoms
View Poll Results: What is your Favourite Sitcom
Steptoe and Son 5 14.29%
On the Buses 5 14.29%
Are You Being Served? 5 14.29%
Some Mothers Do ‘Ave ‘Em 4 11.43%
The Last of the Summer Wine 3 8.57%
Porridge 5 14.29%
It Ain’t Half Hot Mum 1 2.86%
Fawlty Towers 13 37.14%
Open all Hours 5 14.29%
Only Fools and Horses 7 20.00%
Hi-de-Hi! 3 8.57%
One Foot in the Grave 7 20.00%
The Vicar of Dibley 7 20.00%
Dads Army 5 14.29%
Yes Minister 5 14.29%
Blackadder 11 31.43%
Seinfield 0 0%
Father Ted 15 42.86%
The Office 3 8.57%
The Royle Family 3 8.57%
Birds of a Feather 1 2.86%
Bilko 2 5.71%
Hancock 0 0%
Friends 7 20.00%
Frasier 5 14.29%
The Simpson's 10 28.57%
South Park 2 5.71%
Others 8 22.86%
Not in the list 9 25.71%
None 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2011, 17:06   #1
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Favourite Sitcoms

My favourite Sitcoms would have to be Only Fool And Horses and Fawlty Towers but what is your favourite.
denphone is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2011, 17:13   #2
tosh mate
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV L 20MB BB
tosh mate has reached the bronze age
tosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze age
Re: Favourite Sitcoms

Hmmmmmmmm I'd have to say - My Family and The Royle Family

and I agree about Fawlty Tower's
tosh mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 17:19   #3
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Cheers, Frasier, Spaced, Fawlty Towers, Malcolm in the Middle, Blackadder, The Young Ones, The Vicar of Dibley, Married... With Children, Will & Grace, Simpsons, Family Guy, Yes Minister (and Yes, Prime Minister), Men Behaving Badly, Red Dwarf (the first couple of series), Drop the Dead Donkey, Butterflies, Bottom, Goodnight Sweetheart.

I have a lot of favourites.....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 17:23   #4
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Many of the same Hugh listed ... Fawlty Towers is right up there for me, as is Spaced and Father Ted. I'm really quite enjoying PhoneShop at the moment as well. It has something of the old-fashioned slapstick and farce about it that is often missing from a lot of modern so-called comedy.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 17:25   #5
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Cheers, Frasier, Spaced, Fawlty Towers, Malcolm in the Middle, Blackadder, The Young Ones, The Vicar of Dibley, Married... With Children, Will & Grace, Simpsons, Family Guy, Yes Minister (and Yes, Prime Minister), Men Behaving Badly, Red Dwarf (the first couple of series), Drop the Dead Donkey, Butterflies, Bottom, Goodnight Sweetheart.

I have a lot of favourites.....
Yes you do have a lot of favourites but it is so hard to pick a even a couple of them when there are so many great past, recent and present series.

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Many of the same Hugh listed ... Fawlty Towers is right up there for me, as is Spaced and Father Ted. I'm really quite enjoying PhoneShop at the moment as well. It has something of the old-fashioned slapstick and farce about it that is often missing from a lot of modern so-called comedy.
Yes l am not that much a fan of some of the present day comedy.
Old 02-07-2011, 17:27   #6
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

On The Buses...[img]Download Failed (1)[/img] [img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Old 02-07-2011, 17:29   #7
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

My Family is well past its sell-by date, for example. Goodness only knows how it has kept going for so long ... a house full of characters that are still utterly two-dimensional after so many years on-screen is unforgivable, even in a sitcom. And its writers have still not twigged that if you derive all your comedy from making your characters irritating and unsympathetic, you make your entire programme irritating and unengaging.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 17:32   #8
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
On The Buses... [img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Yes a wonderful sitcom with so many excellent characters in it.

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
My Family is well past its sell-by date, for example. Goodness only knows how it has kept going for so long ... a house full of characters that are still utterly two-dimensional after so many years on-screen is unforgivable, even in a sitcom. And its writers have still not twigged that if you derive all your comedy from making your characters irritating and unsympathetic, you make your entire programme irritating and unengaging.
Yes l would class My Family as a average sitcom compared to a lot of others.
Old 02-07-2011, 17:34   #9
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Frasier and Father Ted definately...
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 17:39   #10
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

You forgot to put Will and Grace! but i voted Friends.
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 17:49   #11
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes a wonderful sitcom with so many excellent characters in it.

It was an appalling show when it was first aired.It was racist,sexist,ageist,
homophobic and totally unfunny. I cringe at the reruns.
Old 02-07-2011, 17:53   #12
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Till Death Us Do Part.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 17:55   #13
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
It was an appalling show when it was first aired.It was racist,sexist,ageist,
homophobic and totally unfunny. I cringe at the reruns.
But you have to look at it and take it for what it is and thats with a pinch of salt as its not meant to offend anyone.

---------- Post added at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrankie View Post
You forgot to put Will and Grace! but i voted Friends.
l could have put 60 in the poll but there is only space for 30
Old 02-07-2011, 18:02   #14
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
But you have to look at it and take it for what it is and thats with a pinch of salt as its not meant to offend anyone.

---------- Post added at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

l could have put 60 in the poll but there is only space for 30
It wasn't funny.If it had been the rest wouldn't matter.
Old 02-07-2011, 18:22   #15
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

I liked Miked Your Language. and that indian guy that said "oh bloody hell"

Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote