Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 07-05-2012, 07:02   #871
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

How long does it take them to fix the problem and get a working version uploaded?
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2012, 08:42   #872
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

When I reported Blue Bloods it was a couple of days.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:18   #873
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

I just reakised I can't compare an AT+ downloaded episode against a recorded one because the recorded on has adverts

Over downloading 3 series of Sopranos that has made a huge difference just by itself.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 13:46   #874
Doz007
cf.geek

Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Do Sky have a dedicated website for their Sky3D channel, similar to the Sky Atlantc site?

I assumed that they would have but can't seem to find it.

Also is there any 3D content on Anytime+?
Old 08-05-2012, 14:34   #875
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Do Sky have a dedicated website for their Sky3D channel, similar to the Sky Atlantc site?

I assumed that they would have but can't seem to find it.

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/3d/?DCMP=KNC-&stop_mobi=yes

I've not seen 3D content on Anytime+ however there has been the odd thing on Anytime.
Old 08-05-2012, 15:58   #876
Doz007
cf.geek

Cheers for the link MM, I was hoping for a little more comprehensive website with a list of all Movies due to be shown etc.

I've just got home & after a quick look on Anytime+ I've not seen any 3D content. I'm surprised that the Sky3D channel isn't listed on there alongside Sky Atlantic etc.
Old 08-05-2012, 16:05   #877
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Cheers for the link MM, I was hoping for a little more comprehensive website with a list of all Movies due to be shown etc.

I've just got home & after a quick look on Anytime+ I've not seen any 3D content. I'm surprised that the Sky3D channel isn't listed on there alongside Sky Atlantic etc.
Don't know whether this is any better

http://www.sky.com/products/ways-to-...y-3d/whats-on/
Old 08-05-2012, 17:26   #878
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:

Not yet ,and probably not for some time yet

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-3D/S...ime/td-p/71781

Quote:
Also, we will be looking to introduce 3D content within the showcase section of Anytime+. Due to the nature of this technology this is something we are looking to slowly introduce, again to enable us to ensure the content and quality of delivery is at a high level. The 3D content that we are able to broadcast through this feature is also restricted by the broadcast rights that are apparent. We appreciate that you are all looking to have more of this content shown. We are always looking to improve on our content where possible.
Old 08-05-2012, 17:48   #879
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Not yet ,and probably not for some time yet

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-3D/S...ime/td-p/71781
Sky 3D content has only been on Anytime to my knowledge I watched Pirates of the Carribean On stranger tides 3D off it recently.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:38   #880
Doz007
cf.geek

Thanks for the replies, I'd love to see Sky expand the licence agreement to allow them to include their 3D content on Anytime+.

This is more like what I was looking for MM, I know it's only for Movies but you get the idea

http://movies.sky.com/movies-on-sky-3d
Old 09-05-2012, 09:52   #881
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Thanks for the replies, I'd love to see Sky expand the licence agreement to allow them to include their 3D content on Anytime+.

This is more like what I was looking for MM, I know it's only for Movies but you get the idea

http://movies.sky.com/movies-on-sky-3d
I'm pretty sure they will at some point , howver the 3D movies are generally repeated on numerous occasions , have you bought yourself a 3DTV ?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:58   #882
Doz007
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'm pretty sure they will at some point , howver the 3D movies are generally repeated on numerous occasions , have you bought yourself a 3DTV ?
Whatever gave you that idea?

Well the missus was complaining about us needing a smaller TV, so I've used that as an excuse to give 3D a second chance. I was with VM the last time I had a 3DTV so now I've got Sky 3D there's much more content available.

I've got to say that I'm extremely impressed by the amount of 3D movies showing over the next few weeks, I've just added all the movies from the link above in to my basket on HMV and they come to whopping £275 if I bought the 3D blu rays!!
Old 09-05-2012, 16:18   #883
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Looks like the price increase will be from 1st September 2012

http://www.sky.com/shop/bundles-offers/featured/

Read under here's the legal bit.
Old 09-05-2012, 16:23   #884
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Looks like the price increase will be from 1st September 2012

http://www.sky.com/shop/bundles-offers/featured/

Read under here's the legal bit.
One suspects there will be a wave of discontent pretty soon then.
Old 09-05-2012, 17:04   #885
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
One suspects there will be a wave of discontent pretty soon then.
Not many people like increases Den so you may well be right from a personal point of view I can't complain with my current deal as its already considerably cheaper than the norm.