Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I
Closed Thread

Old 13-01-2010, 12:46   #91
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Any body got any ideas what the new channel is as the total channels has gone from 293 to 294 on the v box and 299 to 300 on the v+ box . I have checked through the channel list and cannot see what the new one is ?
You're on NGTV now and should have all these new channels.

BBC1 England
BBC1 Scotland
BBC1 NI
BBC1 Wales
BBC2 England
BBC Radio Scotland
BBC Radio Wales
BBC Radio Ulster
BBC Radio Nan Gaidheal
BBC Radio Cymru
BBC London 94.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
Hmmm that may explain why my box was on 999 this morning??
That's a STB software update.
Advertisement
Old 13-01-2010, 14:19   #92
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

[QUOTE=spiderplant;34944074]You're on NGTV now and should have all these new channels.

BBC1 England
BBC1 Scotland
BBC1 NI
BBC1 Wales
BBC2 England
BBC Radio Scotland
BBC Radio Wales
BBC Radio Ulster
BBC Radio Nan Gaidheal
BBC Radio Cymru
BBC London 94.9

QUOTE]

We have not had the new cards yet and also the stations that you have said we have not got yet ?
Old 13-01-2010, 15:29   #93
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Ah sorry, you are correct. Barnsley isn't done yet. Coming soon
Old 13-01-2010, 16:15   #94
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

still waiting 4 my card 2 come ex telewest (keighley)
Old 13-01-2010, 16:32   #95
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysoj1 View Post
still waiting 4 my card 2 come ex telewest (keighley)
Your area is not being rolled out just yet.
Old 13-01-2010, 16:34   #96
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Your area is not being rolled out just yet.
any chance of giving us some idea when the next areas to rollout are ;~) nice to see the crying thiefs coming on looking to get round it also i am jsut wonderig when i can expect a new card
Old 13-01-2010, 16:43   #97
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
any chance of giving us some idea when the next areas to rollout are ;~) nice to see the crying thiefs coming on looking to get round it also i am jsut wonderig when i can expect a new card
This was the report of techwatch :

The long awaited roll out of Nagra 3 by Virgin Media to encrypt their cable services has begun, with Leeds being the first area of the UK to be upgraded to the new system.

According to unconfirmed reports, it will be rolled out across the South of England over January, the Midlands by February, and the North West of England by March. By Easter, all of Virgin Media’s cable services should be running with Nagra 3 encryption.

This will make it virtually impossible for anyone to view premium cable channels broadcast by Virgin Media except by legitimate paid subscribers, resulting in a serious blow to existing cable pirates.

The news has long been expected, after Nagra 3 was rolled out in the Republic of Ireland earlier this year, and hardware upgrades to allow for it to be rolled out in the UK have been sent out through 2009.

While cable pirates will no doubt be disappointed that their favourite premium cable channels will no longer be available for free, Virgin are offering two months free upgrade on their TV services to new and existing customers.

If cable services are no longer wanted, then Sky has been providing special offers on Sky + and Sky HD for the Christmas season to bring in subscribers to premium channels.

Of course, there are also options to use Freeview, Freesat, or even use satellite equipment to explore the range of Free To Air (FTA) channels, which do not require subscription services.

In the meantime, when approached by Techwatch for comment, a Virgin Media spokesperson replied “We do not comment on security issues.”
Old 13-01-2010, 16:49   #98
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Forgive me if i'm worng but the card swap isn't just about theft is it?!?! Isn't it also about the new VM service we should expect "soon".
Old 13-01-2010, 16:51   #99
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Forgive me if i'm worng but the card swap isn't just about theft is it?!?! Isn't it also about the new VM service we should expect "soon".
No it is not but i just posted the full article and i cannot wait for the new services and user interface that it brings
Old 13-01-2010, 16:52   #100
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
yes its about eventally move to IPTV but obviously the above report is jsut highlighting the major advantage jsut now the pirates will be gone apart froma select few who are brave enough for one of them to get subscription and the rest to card share but eventally it willg et out and shut off
Old 13-01-2010, 16:55   #101
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
I wish I could say Andrew, but it's business/security sensitive, so I can't...sorry. You will get a letter before the card swap to advise it's on it's way..

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

Quote:
You are correct, Mobes
Old 13-01-2010, 19:30   #102
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

What has VM done with MAGIC 105.4 in London, they have taken it off again. argh.
Old 13-01-2010, 20:36   #103
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

any news on any more HD channels coming
Old 13-01-2010, 21:06   #104
daveetwo
Inactive

daveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
What has VM done with MAGIC 105.4 in London, they have taken it off again. argh.
Is okay here Arthur. ex ntl surrey/berks/hants border covered by london.
Tried rebooting or calling virgin?
Old 13-01-2010, 21:45   #105
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
any news on any more HD channels coming
All known info, as usual, is in the first post.
Closed Thread