Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 17:35   #1531
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
I know this is off topic but MOBES dont you think that you need to change your sig due to all these announcements that are been made now
LMAO....yeah maybe

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 17:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
I don't want it on Sky!!

I have recently bought a new HD TV and was looking forward to watching the World Cup in HD on Virgin.

Was just waiting to see if it was going to be on.

Not that any of this is virgin's fault it's those tw*ts at stv
So does that effect Virgin??? i Just thought that was on the SKY announcment!
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2010, 17:38   #1532
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

BBC Radio WM and Shropshire removed from EPG

Telford on Wolverhampton head end
Old 12-03-2010, 17:46   #1533
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
That is going to take the total to 12 and also the extra on-demand content that we will get as well!
Only anther 8-18 to get to their target for this year ?
Or could they get more?
Of course they could.

Sky announced the launch of Sky Sports 4 HD and Hallmark HD as well as ITV HD on their platform, so VM still have some way to go especially if Sky reaches its 50 HD channels target by Christmas.
Old 12-03-2010, 17:54   #1534
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verizon View Post
Of course they could.

Sky announced the launch of Sky Sports 4 HD and Hallmark HD as well as ITV HD on their platform, so VM still have some way to go especially if Sky reaches its 50 HD channels target by Christmas.
Dont forget though to remove the movies and sports hd channels though what would that leave?.About fourteen i think.
Old 12-03-2010, 18:53   #1535
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
LMAO....yeah maybe

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 17:34 ----------

So does that effect Virgin??? i Just thought that was on the SKY announcment!
I just took it to mean that Sky knew what it meant for Scotland.

Its not a platform issue its those ***** at STV opting out from buying shows from ITV in England yeah all the programs people actually watch.

The Virginmedia twitter page says they are in discussions with STV about the ITVHD channel.
Old 12-03-2010, 19:22   #1536
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Well the ITV HD news has made my day! This is the one I wanted for the World Cup plus other football offerings.

Seems it's launching on channel 113, so the Virgin Central closing wasn't related. Maybe they've done a deal for some of the plus 1's too...
Old 12-03-2010, 19:49   #1537
Mikey1981
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP 2 V+HD boxes , XL BB, XL Phone and Mobiles x2
Mikey1981 will become famous soon enoughMikey1981 will become famous soon enoughMikey1981 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Although self installs are avaliable for the main box only i.e if you are swapping it for the only one you have or it's your first one.

All additional boxes are tech install only
I have V+ in my room cos I pretty much record everything I watch and view it on a timeshift fast forwarding the adverts.

In the living room we just have a standard Def V box, it would replace that.

By swapping it with our additional can I still Self Install?

Thanks for the advice.

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:44 ----------

Great news on ITV1HD although mostly upscaled, will be great to watch More footy in HD although Everton dont look likely to be in the Champions League theres always the FA Cup and World Cup.
Old 13-03-2010, 09:20   #1538
winkle

With all these HD channels arriving soon, is there any more news on potential SD arriving apart from Cartoonio & Miltary History.

Old 13-03-2010, 09:40   #1539
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle View Post
With all these HD channels arriving soon, is there any more news on potential SD arriving apart from Cartoonio & Miltary History.
I think at the moment VM want concerate on getting HD on there network like last year we had a few SD channels, tis year more and more people are getting HD TV's so HD is becoming more important to service providers.
Old 13-03-2010, 10:15   #1540
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
I think at the moment VM want concerate on getting HD on there network like last year we had a few SD channels, tis year more and more people are getting HD TV's so HD is becoming more important to service providers.
Yes to your question broadbandking help if your pm was turned on so i could reply but i rather it was not disclosed what your question was
Old 13-03-2010, 12:20   #1541
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle View Post
Quest Launch of a new channel on TV Size M 25th March 2010

Quest website here
Old 13-03-2010, 12:54   #1542
windy
Inactive

Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD Samsung Galaxy s3
windy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Quest Launch of a new channel on TV Size M 25th March 2010

Quest website here
Where did you find that out and its not on cable or iam i wrong.

Iam on sky until Monday 15Th march when i come back to virgin.
Old 13-03-2010, 13:23   #1543
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy View Post
Where did you find that out and its not on cable or iam i wrong.

Iam on sky until Monday 15Th march when i come back to virgin.
I work for Virgin Media

I provided a link so people can see what the channel is about
Old 13-03-2010, 13:27   #1544
windy
Inactive

Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD Samsung Galaxy s3
windy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
I work for Virgin Media

I provided a link so people can see what the channel is about
Oh ok sorry.
Old 13-03-2010, 14:01   #1545
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

Good to see VM are getting there act together by adding new HD channels.. its awesome news!!

Hopefully we will be getting more soonish aswell.
Closed Thread