Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 17-06-2005, 09:37   #586
Salu
Inactive

Services: VM TV package. VM phone and 200MB internet & slow Tivo
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Salu
Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Down girl....
Salu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-06-2005, 10:30   #587
mrlipring
Inactive

Services: PCI DVB-T Freeview NTL Digital NTL 3mbit NTL phone
mrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
Closer - a bit rude, and very weird, but boring and a bit pointless IMO.
Yep. Boring characters, and nothing likeable about them. Nothing to make me want to care about them, which would be ok if they weren't boring. We don't learn all that much about any of them, and i'm not sure i'd want to...

Clive Owen's at least twisted enough to extract a laugh, and of course Portman is lovely throughout, but generally it's crap.

There are a few little quirks throughout that are interesting, but not from a story point of view, really - it's more about how they made the film.
mrlipring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 18:37   #588
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I just watched the original version of the fly....

It was actually better than I had expected.

7/10

p.s. dilli was quite scared by the fake spider at the end...
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 18:52   #589
mrlipring
Inactive

mrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud of

I was confused as to why you said "original version". There's no remake. I see, though, that there's one planned, right enough.

Gotta ask, why? The original is OK. I can't see what a sequel will achieve. Think how many "Dead Man's Shoes", for example, they could make for the same money... Sickens me that new actors, writers, and directors are missing out on chances to show what they can do because hollywood is a closed shop, recycling mediocre old films for braindead cinema-goers these days.
Old 17-06-2005, 18:54   #590
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlipring
I was confused as to why you said "original version". There's no remake. I see, though, that there's one planned, right enough.

Gotta ask, why? The original is OK. I can't see what a sequel will achieve. Think how many "Dead Man's Shoes", for example, they could make for the same money... Sickens me that new actors, writers, and directors are missing out on chances to show what they can do because hollywood is a closed shop, recycling mediocre old films for braindead cinema-goers these days.
Hold on the original The fly had vincent price in a 50's movie it was remade in the 80's staring geoff goldbloom
Old 17-06-2005, 18:55   #591
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:

The Original

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051622/

The Remake

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091064/

edit - and The Fly II

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097368/
Old 17-06-2005, 22:14   #592
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Batman Begins...

I liked it. Not as flashy than the ones before, darker, which for me, was good. 8/10.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 22:17   #593
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
The Original
edit - and The Fly II

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097368/
And I actually paid money to see that....
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 23:59   #594
mrlipring
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701

aah, so the one i saw :

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379788/

is a re-remake. I wasn't aware that the Goldblum one was a remake. Cheers, i've learned something. And had it confirmed to me that hollywood people are lazy as hell...
Old 18-06-2005, 00:01   #595
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
aah, so the one i saw :

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379788/

is a re-remake. I wasn't aware that the Goldblum one was a remake. Cheers, i've learned something. And had it confirmed to me that hollywood people are lazy as hell...
A remake of a remake - now that IS sad - I'll give you that
Old 18-06-2005, 18:22   #596
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Saw Batman begins on Thursday night.

Brilliant. Best Batman movie ever.

9/10
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 22:55   #597
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Star Wars Ep 5, THe Empire Strikes Back.

It was ok (was a few stupid things in it, like noone in the Millenium Falcon wear seatbelts, but the ship does sumassaults and 360 degree vertical rolls, and noone moves about. Oh and those ships heavy blasters couldn't penetrate the skin of an Imperial Walker, but a light sabre could? And since when do asteroids have gravitational pulls and a pressurised atmosphere?), but it was nothing amazing.

I'll probably watch Ep 6 now, but Ep 5 was nowhere near as good as Ep 4.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 23:22   #598
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky
Star Wars Ep 5, THe Empire Strikes Back.

It was ok (was a few stupid things in it, like noone in the Millenium Falcon wear seatbelts, but the ship does sumassaults and 360 degree vertical rolls, and noone moves about.
Inertial Dampening?

Quote:
Oh and those ships heavy blasters couldn't penetrate the skin of an Imperial Walker, but a light sabre could?
Lightsabres are probably imbibed with some of the "force" of the owner.

Quote:
And since when do asteroids have gravitational pulls and a pressurised atmosphere?)
Ummmm.....ok..........well...............I give up , not a clue.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2005, 00:02   #599
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Just watched Star Wars Ep 6 - The Return Of The Jedi. It was OK, just like Ep5, but nothing amazing. Certainly nowhere near as good as Ep4.
Old 22-06-2005, 18:57   #600
punky
Inactive

Just watched Shrek 2 (yes, I know, I am 24).

I can't say it was better than the original, but ever bit as good. It is less laugh out loud funny, but the story is better, it is more cleverer. 8.5/10