Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 22-06-2013, 23:16   #3871
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamonymo View Post
yes but there is packet loss small amounts must be effecting it slightly can you tell me who told you virgin media are looking in to it thanks

as i can run it in modern mode due to others on wireless

can you use a sh1 and a super hub 2 together one in modern mode and one wireless
I didn't see any packet loss in the running portion of your TBB. The event at c. 20:00 looks to me like a modem reset.

When the SH2s move from v19 to v23 or whatever firmware release you'll get in a couple of weeks (AFAIK), router mode latency improves. You've seen my router mode TBB posted here in this thread;had thayt since moving off v19 a few weeks ago,

Finally, the spikes aren't affecting anything unless the average latency (blue) rises as well - which it doesn't.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-06-2013, 01:05   #3872
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

Typical that i moved away about a year ago and my internet back at my old house has been the best ive ever seen it on a more than consistant basis.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 11:34   #3873
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by boroboi View Post
Typical that i moved away about a year ago and my internet back at my old house has been the best ive ever seen it on a more than consistant basis.

Is that definitely the internet at your "old" house? It's quite likely that the IP has been assigned elsewhere. Or do you still have access to the equipment there?
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 19:29   #3874
jarrodstrachan
cf.member

jarrodstrachan is on a distinguished roadjarrodstrachan is on a distinguished road

This is hell.

A full year since high utilsation fault was opened
jarrodstrachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 19:58   #3875
trikz
cf.member

trikz is on a distinguished roadtrikz is on a distinguished road

fix your link l0l, try get yourself onto another upstream. I use the cable replug trick to get onto a another upstream id which gives me this D
I'm not in a double speed area yet.
trikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 20:12   #3876
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

cable replug trick?
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 21:48   #3877
jarrodstrachan
cf.member

jarrodstrachan is on a distinguished roadjarrodstrachan is on a distinguished road

Nope all of my upstream channels are like this .

EDIT: When you say cable replug, do you mean the coax cable? Or a simple modem reset

Cheers

---------- Post added at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:45 ----------

Oh god it just keeps getting worse! I have never seen it this bad. Roll on August Fix date
Old 23-06-2013, 23:37   #3878
trikz
cf.member

Coax sorry. There was a thread about it for the VMNG300 modem, but works for me on the SH1

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikz View Post
Coax sorry. There was a thread about it for the VMNG300 modem, but works for me on the SH1
Haven't tried on the SH2 as I don't have it and don't know if I really need it if I only use modem mode.
Old 24-06-2013, 03:02   #3879
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Is that definitely the internet at your "old" house? It's quite likely that the IP has been assigned elsewhere. Or do you still have access to the equipment there?
I still have access to the equipment
boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 11:35   #3880
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Looks as if the Telford UBR has been put on to 2 upstreams overnight (or at least the bit I'm connected to).

Still on 5 downstream channels though. Not sure if that means anything as there never seems to be any congestion, can usually hit max speed all the time.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 11:41   #3881
jarrodstrachan
cf.member

That graph is looking much better Jon, lucky you :p
Old 24-06-2013, 16:25   #3882
trikz
cf.member

Very nice indeed Jon
Old 24-06-2013, 19:06   #3883
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

That graph is is 'very nice indeed'?! I think Stockholm Syndrome is kicking in.
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 19:11   #3884
jarrodstrachan
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickJesus View Post
That graph is is 'very nice indeed'?! I think Stockholm Syndrome is kicking in.
For Virgin atleast xD
Old 27-06-2013, 15:48   #3885
trikz
cf.member

What just happened to the minimum latency of the VM network? Just checked craigs graphs and seems like everyone on VM is affected.