Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What happened?!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What happened?!

Old 10-07-2007, 10:30   #16
squirrel1970
Inactive

squirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: What happened?!

Yeah.. I can give myself the pat on the back that I rightly deserve now... 2 days on and I have to admit, everything here is running sweeter than ever...

I did actually help someone else out with a similar problem elsewhere on the same day (later on) and their problems have ended too - so, it just goes to show, sometimes, it's the little things that make the biggest difference

And as a sidenote... anyone having router issues should really check the firmware version and check their router manufacturors website against any possible firmware upgrades before doing anything else. (Usually, all info on your router is on the underside of it.. ) and keep modem and router where it's coolest.... ours are on the floor side by side

It's saved us £X getting another router when we didn't really need one at all....
squirrel1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-07-2007, 11:56   #17
squirrel1970
Inactive

squirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: What happened?!

GRR.. I have been cursed again by the blessed thing cutting the connection every few seconds - but! there is a cure... well, it's not a cure, it's something thats keeping the bloomin' thing operational....

We've downloaded here the *latest* firmware upgrade and we're keeping that little .bin file on each computer... the next time the router starts its antics (which will be approximately 2 days time) we'll just redo the firmware upgrade through the routers settings display page thingy....

I've since read that there's a fault with some early linksys routers for which the only known cure is flashing the router with the same firware upgrade.

The whole thing takes approx 5 minutes total - I can live with that.
Once it's done - we can do whatever we jolly well like (well, until the next time it'll need doing anyway)

I know we could really do with a new router and yes, it'll probably be either another linksys or maybe a dLink one - depends

We'll tolerate what we've got for now!
squirrel1970 is offline   Reply With Quote