Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky sports red button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky sports red button

Old 18-07-2011, 17:42   #1546
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
It is being delivered, and at no additional cost for that matter. But it can't just magically instantly appear - the software has to be written and tested, and that takes time.

Sky have delivered the first phase and the rest is on the way.
Actually it is at some addtional cost sky sports with sky is £20.50 and with vm £22.50 so vm customers pay extra for sky sports!

Also cricket which is supposed to be in phase 1 has appeared on the red button on vm only once ,even though there have been several occasions cricket has appeared on sky sports red button whilst not being made available to vm sky sports subscribers please explain that one away, seeing as cricket was supposedly on phase 1.
Advertisement
Old 18-07-2011, 17:45   #1547
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Actually it is at some addtional cost sky sports with sky is £20.50 and with vm £22.50 so vm customers pay extra for sky sports!

Also cricket which is supposed to be in phase 1 has appeared on the red button on vm only once ,even though there have been several occasions cricket has appeared on sky sports red button,whilst not being made available to vm sky sports subscribers,please explain that one away seeing as cricket was supposedly on phase 1.
20.25 sorry to be pedantic.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 17:47   #1548
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
20.25 sorry to be pedantic.
Ok you win but you get my drift LOL.
Old 19-07-2011, 15:15   #1549
gers
Inactive

gers can only hope to improve

This doesnt look promising for the customers waiting for the football season?
gers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 21:04   #1550
Twig The Wonder
Inactive

Twig The Wonder is an unknown quantity at this point

I was one of the people who was concerned about the Red button, and eventually moved back to Sky, but not becasue of the Red button, but because I am paying nearly £40 permonth less now for Sky, that I did with VM.

I was one who thought they would never go back to Sky, but I did, and I'm glad.

I have many more channels, my internet is faster (I had 10mb with VM, my average speed now is around 16mb)

anyway the funny thing is, now I have full red button functionality, I don't use it, It is quite poor, and I don't think you are missing much.
Twig The Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 22:06   #1551
Never say never
Inactive

Never say never doesn't have many friendsNever say never doesn't have many friendsNever say never doesn't have many friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twig The Wonder View Post
I was one of the people who was concerned about the Red button, and eventually moved back to Sky, but not becasue of the Red button, but because I am paying nearly £40 permonth less now for Sky, that I did with VM.

I have many more channels, my internet is faster (I had 10mb with VM, my average speed now is around 16mb)

anyway the funny thing is, now I have full red button functionality, I don't use it, It is quite poor, and I don't think you are missing much.
If you're a sports fan the Skysports red button is a fantastic service offered at no extra charge.
Never say never is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 22:28   #1552
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

I think red button is a great feature , I just wish the streams were in HD.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 22:48   #1553
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I think red button is a great feature , I just wish the streams were in HD.
I would be happy to receive some sort of official confirmation from VM about exactly what content we will eventually get on Sky sports red button, I have seen so many different reports and so far it appears randomly.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 01:55   #1554
ash88uk
Inactive

ash88uk will become famous soon enoughash88uk will become famous soon enoughash88uk will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I think I will consider joining Sky if the red button is not here for the football season, that will tip me over the edge and make Virgin Media lose custom (though I'll still keep my broadband with them)

The red button is going to be fantastic this year for the Champion's League.
ash88uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 13:24   #1555
ash88uk
Inactive

ash88uk will become famous soon enoughash88uk will become famous soon enoughash88uk will become famous soon enough

Any updates on this? if it's been launched on the 29th July like Media Boy was told how come we haven't heard anything yet? or will it just magically appear with no announcement?
ash88uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 13:28   #1556
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash88uk View Post
Any updates on this? if it's been launched on the 29th July like Media Boy was told how come we haven't heard anything yet? or will it just magically appear with no announcement?
Well hopefully it will just appear on the speculated date.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 15:48   #1557
LEE1
Inactive

Services: Sky hd
LEE1 has a spectacular aura about themLEE1 has a spectacular aura about themLEE1 has a spectacular aura about themLEE1 has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via ICQ to LEE1

theres football on the red button on sat would be nice if we could get this on virgin. ive tried it with cricket and tennis when avalible and had to reboot box so hope its all sorted for the football season..
LEE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 19:04   #1558
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

it will not be rolled fully on the 29th july

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...ly/td-p/622267
HD Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 19:32   #1559
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by martine93 View Post

Well that was a bombshell. I would not like to be working in retentions this week.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 19:52   #1560
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by martine93 View Post

Another epic fail
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote