Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Should Virgin Media and Cable & Wireless Worldwide merge?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Should Virgin Media and Cable & Wireless Worldwide merge?
View Poll Results: Should Virgin Media and Cable & Wirless Worldwide merge?
Yes 18 22.50%
No 62 77.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2012, 14:34   #46
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart
Re: Should Virgin Media and Cable & Wireless Worldwide merge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes a reality in common with aliens coming from mars.
Yeah right!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2012, 17:25   #47
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
I would prefer a merger between Virgin Media Incoporated (USA Based) and Cable and Wireless Worldwide plc (UK Based) with the merged company becoming Virgin Media plc (UK Based)!
What on earth for?

That means more costs, i'm sure Virgin Media is able to get away with a little bit of Tax operating in that way.

Virgin Media Entertainment based in Luxembourg was purely set up to avoid VAT and pay 3% VAT on customers subscribing to Premium channels.

You see that is what happens when you let companies trade abroad. When they privatised everything, they should have made a law allowing UK ownership and foreign ownership requires 30% ownership of the government. But they didn't realise that then and now nearly all the utility companies are now foreign owned mostly by foreign governments like EDF owned by the French government!
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 17:30   #48
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
My post have a very tangential relationship with reality!!
Excellent...

Oxford English Dictionary
tangential - "hardly touching a matter; peripheral"

So your posts have a very peripheral relationship with reality?

Couldn't have put it better myself....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 17:57   #49
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I would prefer if your posts had at least a tangential relationship with reality.

We may be both waiting a long time......
Trap set...

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

Quote:
My post have a very tangential relationship with reality!!
... Trap sprung
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:42   #50
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
What on earth for?

That means more costs, i'm sure Virgin Media is able to get away with a little bit of Tax operating in that way.

Virgin Media Entertainment based in Luxembourg was purely set up to avoid VAT and pay 3% VAT on customers subscribing to Premium channels.

You see that is what happens when you let companies trade abroad. When they privatised everything, they should have made a law allowing UK ownership and foreign ownership requires 30% ownership of the government. But they didn't realise that then and now nearly all the utility companies are now foreign owned mostly by foreign governments like EDF owned by the French government!
Why is Virgin still based in the USA when it only operates in the UK?
Old 07-02-2012, 09:58   #51
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Why is Virgin still based in the USA when it only operates in the UK?
To be perfectly honest what revelance does where a company is based have to this thread.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:47   #52
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
To be perfectly honest what revelance does where a company is based have to this thread.
Just asking!
Old 07-02-2012, 11:59   #53
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Excellent...

Oxford English Dictionary
tangential - "hardly touching a matter; peripheral"

So your posts have a very peripheral relationship with reality?

Couldn't have put it better myself....

I can't believe you went to the bother of looking it up, but well done!
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:25   #54
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post

I can't believe you went to the bother of looking it up, but well done!
A lot of you and your friends post are not that good either!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:41   #55
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Well as the old saying goes "Thats a matter of opinion"
Old 07-02-2012, 12:42   #56
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Alan, stop being paranoid.

I don't know any other members of this forum. It's not a bunch of friends ganging up on you. It's loads of individuals who all have common sense.

I mean an example of your rediculous posts is the one where you suggested nuking Argentina if they invade the Falklands.....get real Alan.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:45   #57
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Alan, stop being paranoid.

I don't know any other members of this forum. It's not a bunch of friends ganging up on you. It's loads of individuals who all have common sense.

I mean an example of your rediculous posts is the one where you suggested nuking Argentina if they invade the Falklands.....get real Alan.
I am not paranoid, I just that you all share the same opnion and we disagree with each other and I accept that!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:55   #58
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I am not paranoid, I just that you all share the same opnion and we disagree with each other and I accept that!
No, we have many different opinions, and we often argue. The difference is that most of our opinions aren't based on fantasy.
Old 07-02-2012, 13:02   #59
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
No, we have many different opinions, and we often argue. The difference is that most of our opinions aren't based on fantasy.
Mine are not based on fantasy!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 13:08   #60
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Mine are not based on fantasy!!!
Whatever you say Alan. Your being controversial to attention seek is getting boring now