Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Caller Display "No Longer Available" after port

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Caller Display "No Longer Available" after port

Old 17-12-2009, 10:49   #31
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Caller Display "No Longer Available" after port

Customer Services agents have a tool which allows them to see where it is now, but not where it might be. However as I said all areas WILL have it by next year

As for the TV upgrade thing, that agent was doing their job right. The current two months free is supposed to be a reward for those customers wanting to upgrade to XL, not used as a free trial.
Old 17-12-2009, 11:03   #32
AlabasterLyn
cf.addict

AlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Customer Services agents have a tool which allows them to see where it is now, but not where it might be. However as I said all areas WILL have it by next year

As for the TV upgrade thing, that agent was doing their job right. The current two months free is supposed to be a reward for those customers wanting to upgrade to XL, not used as a free trial.
She may well have been doing her job but she gave me the impression the upgrade was a permanent free upgrade and apologised when she came back to me that she had made a mistake, but then wasn't happy when I said I didn't want a temporary upgrade.

My only concern is Caller ID and I'm so fed up of not having it when everyone else seems to
AlabasterLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 11:32   #33
Pauls9
Inactive

Services: VM TVM HD, BBL, phone; BT phone; Freeview.
Pauls9 has reached the bronze age
Pauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabasterLyn View Post
I've just been on the BT site as I am another VM customer who is so fed up of not being able to have Caller ID that I am contemplating going over to BT, at least for my phone. However it seems to say on the BT site that you pay £2.50 a month for Caller ID, was that an offer you had that has now finished
Caller ID from BT is free if you subscribe to their Privacy at Home option (also free) http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...?topicId=25504
Select "Home phone security features", then "BT privacy at home". This also involves subscribing to the Telephone Preference Service.
Pauls9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 12:31   #34
AlabasterLyn
cf.addict

AlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauls9 View Post
Caller ID from BT is free if you subscribe to their Privacy at Home option (also free) http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...?topicId=25504
Select "Home phone security features", then "BT privacy at home". This also involves subscribing to the Telephone Preference Service.
Thanks for that
Old 22-12-2009, 19:14   #35
Guy T
Inactive

Services: VIP100 + Tivo
Guy T is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Caller Display will be available to all VM customers by next year.

In fact in some areas where it was not previously avaliable, it now is.

So I would phone Virgin back and double check you can't get it.
Hi Ben

Do you know if Derby is enabled yet ? wouldn't it be easier to post a list of recently enabled exchanges rather than advise everyone to ring up and ask!

Cheers

Guy
Guy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 19:01   #36
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

It's not down to the area but the actual Telephone Switch you are on. So there is nothing I could post that would make sense to anyone outside VM.
Old 26-12-2009, 17:01   #37
Guy T
Inactive

Services: VIP100 + Tivo
Guy T is an unknown quantity at this point

Called CS and they say that the DB1 switch is not enabled yet - Ben - when you say "all will be enabled by next year" do you mean by the end of the year as in Dec 2010?

Thx
Guy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 23:24   #38
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy T View Post
Called CS and they say that the DB1 switch is not enabled yet - Ben - when you say "all will be enabled by next year" do you mean by the end of the year as in Dec 2010?

Thx
I'd of thought it was more likely during 2010... cutting it fine to get those areas upgraded before the end of this year
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 18:09   #39
AndyCalling
Inactive

Services: Fixed phone service (inclusive weekend calls) & internet service (200/12meg)
AndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud of

I gave up on this one in disgust and have only just come back to look at this thread again (caught in snow on the bus...). So I will definately be getting CLID soon? Ace! I'll be calling Virgin monthly until they come through. Big smiles all round!
AndyCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 13:40   #40
AlabasterLyn
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCalling View Post
I gave up on this one in disgust and have only just come back to look at this thread again (caught in snow on the bus...). So I will definately be getting CLID soon? Ace! I'll be calling Virgin monthly until they come through. Big smiles all round!
Me too, maybe we should all pester them constantly in the hope that they realise how seriously we all want this feature
Old 12-01-2010, 11:20   #41
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Services: Internet VIVID 150Mb Tv M, Phone - Talk weekends.
nigelmclelland is on a distinguished roadnigelmclelland is on a distinguished road

Caller display IS now availible on Virginmedia on the Wirral, Cable, Ex-NTL I had caller ID enabled 2 days ago and it works fine. £20.00 a month. Although they did say for ages it was not availible in my area. Maybe it's just been enabled ??
nigelmclelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:12   #42
chrispy2000
cf.addict

Services: Maxit,V6, BB 100Mb, Virgin Mobile
chrispy2000 is on a distinguished roadchrispy2000 is on a distinguished road

I hope you mean £2.00 a month
chrispy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 22:54   #43
nigelmclelland
Inactive

nigelmclelland is on a distinguished roadnigelmclelland is on a distinguished road

Hi Chrispy2000,

My mistake I should have wrote, £2.00 per month ;-}
Old 12-01-2010, 23:49   #44
sparky621
cf.addict

Services: VM B'band "M 200" TV "Full House" Tel: "Talk More Anytime"
sparky621 is on a distinguished roadsparky621 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelmclelland View Post
Caller display IS now availible on Virginmedia on the Wirral, Cable, Ex-NTL I had caller ID enabled 2 days ago and it works fine. £20.00 a month. Although they did say for ages it was not availible in my area. Maybe it's just been enabled ??
Thats interesting as thats where I am. I'll have to give CS a call tomorrow.
Just hope they don't continue with the excuse that its an Ex BT number and therefore can't have caller display
sparky621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 08:40   #45
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Ime on an ex-BT number.