Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Contractors

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Contractors

Old 16-01-2013, 20:08   #346
Mr Banana

Re: Contractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSADERS View Post
All depends what company Virgin have different Rules to the contractors, for example im a contractor and can work 60+ hours a week 5or 6 days a week, and im weekly paid, however ive heard actual Virgin people do 10ish hour shifts 4 days on 4 days off... soo all depends really
My mates a tech and he says that the VM techs also get a bonus based on key criteria based on quality metrics and 10 pounds for every customer scoring them 9 or 10 on their customer satisfaction measure.

He enjoys working there, good luck
Advertisement
Old 16-01-2013, 20:47   #347
MrIca
Inactive

MrIca is on a distinguished roadMrIca is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky12 View Post
hello, I am new to this. I would like to know how to apply for bt openreach? Anyone know how much does openreach engineers get paid? i it better to work for Kelly's or openreach direct??
What do you think?!

Openreach of course. Also far more interesting as you are dealing with faults and not just installs like contractors. Far better hours and conditions. Also you don't need to worry about your pay, it'll be the same every month unless you do some overtime, which is well paid. The basic pay is around £26,500.
MrIca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 21:43   #348
Scubaboy
Inactive

Scubaboy is an unknown quantity at this point

has anyone worked for mj quinns ?what are they like.ive got a training course in march to start

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

i might add its working on the bt infinity contract
Scubaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 20:48   #349
Gateshead
Inactive

Gateshead is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm on the same course 18th march. But been told start time is 430pm til midnight. Is yours the same? what's the thinking unless theyre worried all candidates will ****ed still off the night before. Has anyone else attended a bt accreditation course on mj Quinn behalf?
Gateshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 11:02   #350
Paul55
Inactive

Paul55 is on a distinguished roadPaul55 is on a distinguished road

Yeah that's odd, I was given the same times as well. I'm booked on the 11th March. I was a bit miffed to find that I've got to go to Liverpool to collect a van though. It said I have to be there by 10:30am, the earliest I could make it would be 11:30, no earlier trains from Peterborough.
Paul55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 13:07   #351
Gateshead
Inactive

Gateshead is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh well at Least tye information is the same for everyone. I opted for the course a week later so let me know how you get on
Gateshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 13:47   #352
Paul55
Inactive

Paul55 is on a distinguished roadPaul55 is on a distinguished road

Will do
Paul55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:14   #353
ManBearPig
Inactive

ManBearPig is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarylS View Post
.So good luck to anybody wanting to get a job in the industry but my advice would be that if you value your health, sanity and quality time with your family, steer well clear!!!
Hi there, yeah I'm starting to feel the same way after being in the industry for only 2 weeks haha. Yes the money can be good, but there is a lot of B.S. to put up with. I'm 39 now and am too old to start taking any crap. I don't think I'll stick it.
ManBearPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 13:43   #354
MrIca
Inactive

MrIca is on a distinguished roadMrIca is on a distinguished road

Openreach are recruiting around 2000 engineers this year, there will be a lot of recruiting over the next couple of years as the older guys cash in their share schemes. Keep an eye out for the jobs and make the switch from Quinn's/Kelly's.
MrIca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 08:20   #355
PlannerGuy
Inactive

PlannerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

The latest contractor related debacle is as follows:

Virginmedia Business and network planners have now been grounded, had their cars removed and are strictly office based.
This means scores of semi trained Kelly contractors are now out in the field planning complex Business, Network and diversion works for all you loyal Business customers.
The in house planners have years of field experience, and from what I can gather these Kelly guys are mostly untrained, are expected to 'plan' 3 jobs a day, paid a pittence and do all this detailed and complex work on a 10 inch tablet PC (Planners in house have the luxury of 2x22 inch screens)
I wonder who's bright Idea this was? (RH again)

Crash and burn imminent! Hilarity will ensue I'm sure
PlannerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 08:57   #356
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlannerGuy View Post
The latest contractor related debacle is as follows:

Virginmedia Business and network planners have now been grounded, had their cars removed and are strictly office based.
This means scores of semi trained Kelly contractors are now out in the field planning complex Business, Network and diversion works for all you loyal Business customers.
The in house planners have years of field experience, and from what I can gather these Kelly guys are mostly untrained, are expected to 'plan' 3 jobs a day, paid a pittence and do all this detailed and complex work on a 10 inch tablet PC (Planners in house have the luxury of 2x22 inch screens)

Crash and burn imminent! Hilarity will ensue I'm sure
Tell me about it, Not happy about it myself

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 09:53   #357
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlannerGuy View Post
What or who is RH? Right hand? Robin Hood?
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 10:45   #358
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
What or who is RH? Right hand? Robin Hood?
Could be the initials of a person and has been done that way so the poster does not break forum rules.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 18:34   #359
PlannerGuy
Inactive

PlannerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Indeed
PlannerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 16:49   #360
VMInstaller
Inactive

VMInstaller is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone had any dealings with comex on the cabinet upgrade side of things. I see they are taking on what sort of pay is it and whats involved
VMInstaller is offline   Reply With Quote