Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 84228 and 700034757

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

84228 and 700034757

Old 10-05-2010, 18:13   #1
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
84228 and 700034757

Just had my handicapped teenage daughter come in and tell me "there is something odd on my mobile bill".

Looking at her "recent calls" on the VM website she appears to have been charged 10p for a text to 84228, then charged SIX times for a "Text Service Received" at £1.50 per call!

Then another repeat of the same 2 minutes later, then again 2 minutes after that! All after midnight when she was in bed!

We can't see further back than that due to the limitations of the "recent calls" service, but her total bill is now almost £60!!!! She normally only pays a £10 DD for the Virgin Media 10 200+3000 AA package.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2010, 18:15   #2
jellybaby
Inactive

Services: VM VIP50
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
Send a message via AIM to jellybaby Send a message via MSN to jellybaby
Re: 84228 and 700034757

quick search through up this site http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/700034757
jellybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 18:18   #3
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

It seems you're not alone, and it's something to do with purely creative ltd,

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/700034757
Old 10-05-2010, 18:57   #4
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Odd thing is that no texts were actually received by her?
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2010, 14:50   #5
AlexChen
Inactive

AlexChen is an unknown quantity at this point

you are not alone!
My son's monthly bill arrived yesterday, showing £30 charge from 84228 text messages. He remembered to have texted this number once last month, never expected a charge like this.
I think it is a fraud, I am going to complain to Ofcom.
AlexChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2010, 16:37   #6
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexChen View Post
you are not alone!
My son's monthly bill arrived yesterday, showing £30 charge from 84228 text messages. He remembered to have texted this number once last month, never expected a charge like this.
I think it is a fraud, I am going to complain to Ofcom.
I suggest you look here http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/84228

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2010, 16:59   #7
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Our old friends Purely Creative and their scratch cards

Here's the thread for them

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/22...pure-scam.html
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote