Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Old 02-04-2012, 14:39   #1576
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

I can live with that, my area is scheduled for the automatic upgrade March/April anyway so it won't be long to wait. I'm just glad i got the 100 down as the system was telling her i'd need a superhub and an engineer but she wanted to try and see if it would go through anyway and it did.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2012, 14:36   #1577
carbon60
Needs more upload

Services: TiVo V6, TiVo 500GB, Samsung V Box, Full House TV + Sky Sports SD, VIVID 200, Talk Weekends Phone
carbon60 is on a distinguished roadcarbon60 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
Both VM and BT were given huge grants. BT are putting it towards their fibre network, and VM are using to to improve and upgrade theirs.
What grants were these? I know of the BDUK grants but those were more for rural areas.
carbon60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 16:58   #1578
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

is just the BDUK ones. Which as far as I am aware VM have not won a single one due to them not expanding their footprint.

Recently some large city grants have been awarded to cities but for VM to win any I suspect will require VM to invest in rollouts, they wont get it simply for jacking up speeds in existing areas.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:35   #1579
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation

I just got the upgrade during the night, only download though, they have not added extra upload channels yet so no 6Mb upload.

Very happy with this but I could definitely do with extra upload, so roll on 6Mb.
ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:48   #1580
dave6x
Inactive

Services: VM BBL 3Mb> 10Mb> 20Mb> 30Mb> 50Mb> 70Mb
dave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond repute

I've just re-booted my modem and find that my BB L has had upgrade to 20Mb during the night, however upload still seems to be 1Mb
dave6x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 20:28   #1581
norfolkshops
Inactive

norfolkshops is an unknown quantity at this point

can any one tell me,i want to upgrade from 30mg to 60mg.

do you still pay a one off payment thank u inadvance tc
norfolkshops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 20:34   #1582
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Not if you have a superhub, is it l30 or xl30?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 21:19   #1583
norfolkshops
Inactive

norfolkshops is an unknown quantity at this point

could you tell hoe to look for this please

this it a black box

http://shop.virginmedia.com/broadban...s-routers.html
norfolkshops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 22:03   #1584
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

that is a shub so in your case it should just be a matter of a quick 5 min phone call and get upgraded for free over the phone
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 21:43   #1585
ToonEll
cf.member

Services: VIP Collection
ToonEll is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a email asking me to give feedback after the upgrade (from 50 to 100). I knew it was due but didn't know it had actually happened. I haven't got a Super Hub and on the My Virgin Media web page the following message is on. (wireless speedtest result 80Mb Up, 4 down, but PC is a bit laggy)

Planning to go wireless?

We've done all the checks and it looks like your current modem is fine. Your new super fast broadband is up and running at the speed shown below..
Your new speed is up to 100Mb

If you're going to be using a wireless connection then you might want to swap your modem for a Virgin Media Super Hub, our latest combined modem and router with the best range so you can enjoy fast broadband around your home.

The Super Hub comes free with just a £20 QuickStart fee for installation and you'll automatically begin a new 12 month contract.
ToonEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 08:36   #1586
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonEll View Post
If you're going to be using a wireless connection then you might want to swap your modem for a Virgin Media Super Hub, our latest combined modem and router with the best range so you can enjoy fast broadband around your home.[/I]
they just dont learn do they. I wish I had the money to sue them out of principle
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 08:59   #1587
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

If you know for a fact (and are 100% certain) it's false advertising then you can sue then clear in the knowledge that you will win. So what are you waiting for?
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 12:10   #1588
ToonEll
cf.member

I was just wondering if Virgin have now decided superhub isn't a requirement for 100Mb.
Old 16-04-2012, 13:05   #1589
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonEll View Post
I was just wondering if Virgin have now decided superhub isn't a requirement for 100Mb.
If you already have a VMNG300 modem, as far as I know it's not but you will get offered one
Old 16-04-2012, 18:24   #1590
ToonEll
cf.member

Cheers Ben