Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 05-07-2012, 07:45   #1846
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Anyone know what's causing this little ramp down in max latency? It's been happening nearly every night (started on the 28th just before midnight and has got a bit later each night (it skipped the 3rd July)

Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2012, 13:18   #1847
adduxi
cf.addict

adduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of light

First time I've posted one of these, 100mb running an 'old' VMNG300 by the way. Looks okay to me, but I'm not an expert....

adduxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 17:58   #1848
Huss73
Inactive

Huss73 is on a distinguished roadHuss73 is on a distinguished road

Seems to have improved loads for me, not that mine was terrible

Huss73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:20   #1849
babis3g
Inactive

Services: >100Mb<TV M+,TiVo 1T,V HD >Phone M
babis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to behold

very steady yesterday all day long (r30)
red spikes is from me rebooting router
babis3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:52   #1850
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Anyone know what's causing this little ramp down in max latency? It's been happening nearly every night (started on the 28th just before midnight and has got a bit later each night (it skipped the 3rd July)

Is it still happening Kymmy, It's odd that the time at which it starts has been increasing in regular increments, it's got me puzzled.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 14:33   #1851
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Nothing this morning but it has skipped a day before.. It reminds me of some form of calibration or test routine???
Old 06-07-2012, 18:18   #1852
babis3g
Inactive

babis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to behold

this evening the modem it keeps reboot by it self
crazy
It change by it self upstream channels , downstreams, each reboot and sometimes it will reset by it self
i have about 6-7 times disconnected till now
I keep reseting it by my self as well
I will make it or broke or get better upstream channel
Firmware R30 still,modem mode

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

EDIT

I see a VM van out of the BT exchange(where my location is)
If VM have equipment in the BT local exchange i guess they doing something up too????
Old 06-07-2012, 19:03   #1853
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Trespassing or industrial sabotage?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 19:44   #1854
lowei
Inactive

Services: BT INFINITY sky hd
lowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post

Kymmy, are you by any chance using a apple airport extreme ???
lowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 19:57   #1855
Kymmy
Inactive

Nope, Superhub in router mode (R36)
Old 06-07-2012, 22:44   #1856
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

This is mine now, don't understand the packet loss spike since we we were not using the PC at that time.

I've never seen a graph as weird as yours Kymmy.
Old 07-07-2012, 00:28   #1857
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by jempalmer View Post
This is mine now, don't understand the packet loss spike since we we were not using the PC at that time.

I've never seen a graph as weird as yours Kymmy.
Packet loss could be anything, but saying you weren't using it doesn't really count... otherwise nothing would appear on the graph at all if that was the case. If it's on, it's being monitored, the packet loss could be an upstream channel switch, a reboot, a problem on TBB's end... endless.
boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:17   #1858
babis3g
Inactive

6-7-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by babis3g View Post
this evening the modem it keeps reboot by it self
crazy
Firmware R30 still,modem mode + draytek 2920n

[url=http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/a82f7e09682e246f3b6a1d281c4f7d3c-06-07-2012.html][img]Download Failed (1)[/img][/url
7-7-12 > day 2
>No is not VMDG300
>Is not R36 firmware
>Is not cisco modem
>Is NOT any other provider, i promise
IS VM AND ****Is the superhuuuuuuub**** bleep bleep helloooo lol
Any one with lower latency specially early hours? (the blue is from my own use)
Wonder how will deploy during the day & if SH will reset it self again
Old 07-07-2012, 04:18   #1859
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by babis3g View Post
Any one with lower latency specially early hours
Mine's been looking excellent lately....
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:05   #1860
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Well this is mine now kwik:

It seems to be improved