Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | No access to network

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

No access to network

Old 02-04-2008, 15:46   #1
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers
No access to network

I've got a "No access to network" message in place of the Virgin logo.

I've rung up twice and neither person has been able to fix it. We tried manually selecting T-Mobile network, connecting only to GSM and hard rebooting the phone - all to no avail.

Handset is a Sony Ericsson K610i.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Thanks in advance.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2008, 16:36   #2
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads
Re: No access to network

Long shot, but sometimes does work.

Try removing the SIM card from the phone. Wipe the gold contact on the SIM card with a soft, dry & clean cloth and place back into the handset. See if that works?

Also, the handset could be locked to another network. Can you try the SIM card in another handset at all?(preferably on the Virgin network) This way you can identify if the handset or SIM is at fault.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:13   #3
chickendippers
Inactive

chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it hasn't worked. I'd hope my phone hasn't somehow locked itself, I bought it from Virgin Mobile over a year ago and it suddenly started doing this yesterday lunchtime. I put my old Orange PAYG SIM in and it produces a "Please Insert Correct SIM" message, so it doesn't look like it's been locked.

I tried the Virgin SIM in my old (non-network specific) Nokia and it wasn't able to connect to the network either.
Old 03-04-2008, 14:20   #4
logo
Inactive

logo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickendippers View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it hasn't worked. I'd hope my phone hasn't somehow locked itself, I bought it from Virgin Mobile over a year ago and it suddenly started doing this yesterday lunchtime. I put my old Orange PAYG SIM in and it produces a "Please Insert Correct SIM" message, so it doesn't look like it's been locked.

I tried the Virgin SIM in my old (non-network specific) Nokia and it wasn't able to connect to the network either.
Could be a transmitter or something down where you live.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 15:39   #5
chickendippers
Inactive

I went round to my friend's house yesterday who lives aprox. 5 miles away, I'm in an urban area so that should have definitely connected me to a different transmitter. It made no difference.

I tried customer service again today and they're sending a replacement SIM to see if that's the problem.
Old 03-04-2008, 22:40   #6
yellowrose :)
Inactive

Services: Virgin 10MB Wireless Broadband Virgin XL Tv Virgin XL phone Virgin contract 450 450
yellowrose :) is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes you will need a SIM replacement that'll do the trick!
yellowrose :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 14:11   #7
chickendippers
Inactive

You were right, it arrived this morning and everything's back to normal