Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgine phone

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgine phone

Old 22-02-2008, 20:46   #1
Nicosia
Inactive

Nicosia is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgine phone

I have bought a phone with a pay as you go virgin card while on holiday in uk and now i am back home i have tried to change the sim card back to my country's sim card, but the phone is "locked" the VM people say they can send me a code to unlock it free if i have spent over £30 on top up cards which i have not or had the phone before jan 2001 , which i also have not which means i am stuck with a phone and no way to use it, is there anyway i can unlock my nokia another way or obtain these codes another way?

i dont understand why VM feel the need to lock the phones that come with their sim cards, i was adviced to go with vodafone but went with virgin anyway.. bad mistake.. =/
Nicosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-02-2008, 20:56   #2
WHISTLED
Inactive

WHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of society
Re: Virgine phone

Why a mistake? All the networks lock their phones.
WHISTLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 21:01   #3
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHISTLED View Post
Why a mistake? All the networks lock their phones.
HHHmmm Phones I've had from O2 haven't been locked.

Anyway for the OP - you should take your phone to the local market I bet there'll be a stall that can unlock your phone for under a tenner.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 21:03   #4
WHISTLED
Inactive

WHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of society

Quote:
HHHmmm Phones I've had from O2 haven't been locked.
I was originally with O2 and mine weren't but that was a long time ago, My ex's is 02 and is locked.
WHISTLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 21:05   #5
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Good stuff. The two handsets I have here (At my dad's) that are on o2 are not locked, anyway maybe he just got lucky.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 21:05   #6
Nicosia
Inactive

Nicosia is an unknown quantity at this point

my friend has vodafone and has no problems...
Nicosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 23:26   #7
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Carphone Warehouse sell phones by airtime provider (O2, Voda, etc) but they are not locked; if you buy them direct from O2 they tend to be.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2008, 11:23   #8
thanosp
Inactive

Services: 4Mbit BB SACM
thanosp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone. I have gathered some quids as the upgrade allowance offered by VM and I would like to buy a PAYG Virgin phone. Are they unlocked? Can I use it with another SIM ? Thank you
thanosp is offline   Reply With Quote