Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Some Virgin Compensation Advice

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Premium content upgrade app added to Virgin Media's TiVo service.

Old 19-09-2013, 19:14   #1
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Premium content upgrade app added to Virgin Media's TiVo service.

Quote:
Virgin Media has launched a new app that enables existing customers to upgrade to premium content without needing to call the TV, home phone and broadband provider.

The app can be accessed through customers' TiVo boxes simply by heading to the Apps and Games screen, searching for the content they wish to upgrade to, and following the on-screen instructions.

From there, customers can subscribe to a range of premium content offered by Virgin Media, including Sky Sports and Sky Movies, while customers can also access the new BT Sport channels, featuring a range of exclusive football and rugby action
http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/new...o_upgrade_app/
Old 19-09-2013, 19:41   #2
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future
Re: Premium content upgrade app added to Virgin Media's TiVo service.

I saw the app a couple of days ago ... however, it gives you "rate card" prices, so you will still need to call to get the best price !

Will be handy though if you are in a rush
MutleyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 13:24   #3
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Can you use it to unsubscribe as well?
Old 20-09-2013, 13:58   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Yes
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 14:03   #5
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Yes
Ta. Excellent app then.
Old 20-09-2013, 16:26   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Yes
Although as it's only recently launched, the unsubscribe options only show after you start the process to add a channel.

This is due to be changed in a future release.
Old 20-09-2013, 16:32   #7
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

I'm sure that if you subscribe to the movies AND sports, you get a discount (via the phone).

If I subscribed to movies via the app, and then at a later stage also the sports, would the system take this into account and reduce the overall price ?
MutleyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 16:51   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutleyF View Post
I'm sure that if you subscribe to the movies AND sports, you get a discount (via the phone).

If I subscribed to movies via the app, and then at a later stage also the sports, would the system take this into account and reduce the overall price ?
It's not a discount as such - just that Sports & Movies Collection is a lower price that Sport Collection + Movies Collection.

So as such the app will offer the same price, as it's the only one available for Sports + Movies
Old 20-09-2013, 16:52   #9
ianmac40
Inactive

Services: Virgin TVXL,BBXXL, Phone M, TiVo
ianmac40 is on a distinguished roadianmac40 is on a distinguished road

Think it may still need some work ! Just looked at app and went to see what it would be if I added the sports package (not HD). Showed my new monthly charge as £170 !!
ianmac40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 18:20   #10
Pea-Pod
cf.addict

Pea-Pod is on a distinguished roadPea-Pod is on a distinguished road

Can you upgrade your TV package using this app - i.e. go from M+ to L? or is it just for premium packages?

P.S. and sorry for off-topic but it will save me from searching... any news on that eagerly anticipated android app for TV Anywhere yet?
Pea-Pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 10:45   #11
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmac40 View Post
Think it may still need some work ! Just looked at app and went to see what it would be if I added the sports package (not HD). Showed my new monthly charge as £170 !!
Same here which would put Sky Sports Collection at about £120 a month! I know the Premiership rights cost a bit more

Hopefully they'll iron out the bugs though as For me it will be a useful app as I take the Sky Premium channels for a few months here and there and will save having to ring up.
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 10:23   #12
greyposter
Inactive

Services: Tivio500
greyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nice

When I tried it.a message told me to phone.
greyposter is offline   Reply With Quote