Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BT Box to NTE5 Master socket

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BT Box to NTE5 Master socket

Old 06-06-2008, 21:48   #16
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age
Re: BT Box to NTE5 Master socket

Unless the master box is an unofficial bodge job, replacing a former wired BT phone or old style plugpoint, then the master box and everything to streetside of it is their problem (unless the damage to it is your fault).

The way it's wired does suggest that it might be unofficial - it seems rather messy - those individual wires should not be visible outside the box, or maybe that means it IS official, though if it was like that when you arrived, then blame the previous owner.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-06-2008, 16:30   #17
x-openreach
Inactive

x-openreach is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi microbar

that is an official BT job, those connectors are used to seperate the outdoor dropwire from the internal wiring (as iain said)

by the look of it , the terminals are corroded hence the noise.

As to whether you will be charged -depends on the engineer. Officially all wiring upto the NTE (master socket) is maintained by your SP, however if you damage it or cause a fault then they can charge you. In some cases people have been charged for damp in connection blocks due to their windows causing the damp!

Let us know if you get charged or not
x-openreach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 17:05   #18
microbar
Inactive

microbar is an unknown quantity at this point

I wont be charged I am waiting to the end of my option 3 contract
approx 3 months,
Then I will cease my connection with BT
Although I need a phone line as I am disabled
I will use mobile for my phone and use the mobile internet,
I am sick and tired of BT Using its charge threatining tactics.
So BT can stick its openreach were the sun dont shine.
microbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 18:44   #19
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbar View Post
I will use mobile for my phone and use the mobile internet,

I'd be careful doing that. Some "unlimited" mobile tariffs have quite low limits..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote