Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 31-03-2011, 21:48   #5776
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
Re: TiVo

Wish dean would get/pay my bill every month,Dont think vm are ever gonna live this dean fiasco down lol
A friend of mine actually contacted sky today after recieving is dean email and was quoted £150 for 1tb and free installation+even asked my friend was is name dean,So even sky`s getting a laugh out of it.
Advertisement
Old 31-03-2011, 21:49   #5777
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Wish dean would get/pay my bill every month,Dont think vm are ever gonna live this dean fiasco down lol
Must amit it's funny , even the wife had a laugh and commented how unprofessional it was
Old 31-03-2011, 21:50   #5778
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Possibly because they have had a lot of complaints? Today's pricinng may have pushed people thinking of going to Sky, further along the path, so it would be sensible to tell retentions of a re-thought, potntiallyy lower price, for when people ring up to cancel
That pretty much sums up how the day went for me unfortunately.

Surely it doesn't take a genius to workout that it would be better for VM to sell me TiVo at a lower price rather than taking my £100 subscription every month to their rival.
Old 31-03-2011, 21:51   #5779
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Possibly because they have had a lot of complaints? Today's pricinng may have pushed people thinking of going to Sky, further along the path, so it would be sensible to tell retentions of a re-thought, potntiallyy lower price, for when people ring up to cancel
I doubt that the few people on here posting and even on other forums actually amount to many complaints, considering the were over 100,000 people who have registered an interest, and maybe the are a thousand people reading and posting on all the those forums so not many complaints overall.

Of course that is even if they actually bother to ring in and complain in the first place.
Old 31-03-2011, 21:52   #5780
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
I doubt that the few people on here posting and even on other forums actually amount to many complaints, considering the were over 100,000 people who have registered an interest, and maybe the are a thousand people reading and posting on all the those forums so not many complaints overall.

Of course that is even if they actually bother to ring in and complain in the first place.
I beg to differ , most on here are the stereotypical TIVO customer so if they don't want it , things aren't great.
Old 31-03-2011, 21:52   #5781
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

I would not like to be the person in the office today given the list of all the customers that had pre - registered and had to type all the names and send them ( got to 11am and said damn it send all dean )
Old 31-03-2011, 21:53   #5782
Adder
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo, XL TV, M Broadband
Adder is on a distinguished roadAdder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by okun69 View Post
A reply from Neil Berkett's office

Secondly, please let me assure you that we gave a lot of thought to how we priced Tivo to our customer base, and we are delighted to be able to offer our 1Tb Tivo box to our customers for £50 less than new customers will be paying. Tivo is a premium product with some ground breaking functionality and worth every penny!
Hang on, what exactly is ground breaking here? TiVo came onto the UK market in what, 2001? V+ boxes have been on sale for five years? Someone correct me if different. Their child is clearly the VM TiVo, can we narrow down what it can do that neither the S1 TiVo or the V+ can do?
Old 31-03-2011, 21:54   #5783
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Can see the sun front page tomorrow,Who is dean ? with a picture of a vm tivo
Old 31-03-2011, 21:55   #5784
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

True Muppet. If you aren't going to get an open arm welcome to the pricing on a cable forum...where are you going to get one?
Old 31-03-2011, 21:57   #5785
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
A friend of mine actually contacted sky today after recieving is dean email and was quoted £150 for 1tb and free installation+even asked my friend was is name dean,So even sky`s getting a laugh out of it.
Their is a thread on avforums saying people were getting 1tb Sky HD boxes for 150 although these were existing customers.
Old 31-03-2011, 21:57   #5786
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
Hang on, what exactly is ground breaking here? TiVo came onto the UK market in what, 2001? V+ boxes have been on sale for five years? Someone correct me if different. Their child is clearly the VM TiVo, can we narrow down what it can do that neither the S1 TiVo or the V+ can do?
How many channels can a S1 TiVo record while playing another channel, can an S1 use Virginmedia VOD or the BBC iplayer as standard.

Is the Virginmedia going to have support past the the summer unlike the the S1.

I expect yourself and others can find out these easy answers but to help.

The Virginmedia TiVo can record 3 channels while you watch a 4th or play a recording or watch VOD unlike an S1.
Old 31-03-2011, 21:59   #5787
cozmic1988
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media's VIVID 200 + Full House XL
cozmic1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The Virginmedia TiVo can record 3 channels while you watch a 4th or play a recording or watch VOD unlike an S1.
You can't record 3 and watch a 4th unfortunately :-)
Old 31-03-2011, 22:00   #5788
howardmicks
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Their is a thread on avforums saying people were getting 1tb Sky HD boxes for 150 although these were existing customers.
he already as a sky+hd box but switched off,They allow you to do a self install apparently.
Old 31-03-2011, 22:01   #5789
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I used that £150 as a price 'a friend' got the 1TB box for when I phoned sky earlier & after a little confusion she matched it.

Still didn't take the plunge though as VM still have time to surprise me with the TiVo box because that's what I really want.
Old 31-03-2011, 22:02   #5790
Adder
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo, XL TV, M Broadband
Adder is on a distinguished roadAdder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
How many channels can a S1 TiVo record while playing another channel,
I said neither the S1 or the V+ and the V+ is as capable here as the VM TiVo.

Quote:
can an S1 use Virginmedia VOD or the BBC iplayer as standard.
No, but the V+ can.

Quote:
Is the Virginmedia going to have support past the the summer unlike the the S1.
Not a relevant point, I am trying to establish what is "groundbreaking" about it.

Quote:
I expect yourself and others can find out these easy answers but to help.

The Virginmedia TiVo can record 3 channels while you watch a 4th or play a recording
Happy that this belongs on the "groundbreaking" list.
Closed Thread