Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football : Season 2009/2010

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football : Season 2009/2010

Old 07-08-2009, 11:55   #16
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
Re: Football : Season 2009/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Bring it on! Hope your not a Celtic fan Harmitage About to have a disappointing start to the season
I am indeed a Celtic fan. It isn't going to be the walkover many will be predicting. Only 3 English teams in the Champions league this season.

Derek S; the few disappointments Celtic Fans experience are more than compensated for by the long list of glorious victories we achieve.

I thought of copying their honours list onto this post but it's so large it might bring down the forum.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2009, 11:58   #17
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmitage View Post
I am indeed a Celtic fan. It isn't going to be the walkover many will be predicting. Only 3 English teams in the Champions league this season.
No No No, Chelski do count as a English team.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 13:22   #18
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

I reckon Celtic have a great chance, they'll get a good result at home, they always do in Europe and i can see them hanging on at the Emirates. At least for Arsenal they will actually have a decent chance of winning something this year if they're in the Europa League.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 13:32   #19
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
I reckon Celtic have a great chance, they'll get a good result at home, they always do in Europe and i can see them hanging on at the Emirates. At least for Arsenal they will actually have a decent chance of winning something this year if they're in the Europa League.
Celtic are probably the team we would have least liked to face but Arsenal should be able to beat them. As for 'decent' chance people are underrating Arsenal because of a poor season, the season before we were challenging for the title until it fell away a bit.

Our team is stronger in some areas (More quality midfielders) and weaker in some (defence) but with a couple of Wenger-esque purchases we stand a good chance in the Champions League (We did get to Semis last year) and League.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 15:52   #20
SB_07
Inactive

Services: V+ XL/20MB BB.
SB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation era

I think it'll be tough for us at Celtic with the atmosphere.
SB_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 15:56   #21
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB_07 View Post
I think it'll be tough for us at Celtic with the atmosphere.
The smell in the East End isn't that bad... Oh right you mean the singing and that

Draw at Celtic Park, Arsenal winning by a clear 2 goals in London. Remember Rangers had their bottoms handed to them on a plate by the Arsenal reserves last week.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 16:54   #22
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I have nothing but resentment against Celtic, now after the appaling behaviour towards us English fans at Wembley Cup, this was a friendly match, with four teams, the singing towards us and Hutton, was bad, no wonder there is so much aggro in Glasgow between rivals Celts and Rangers, and l am married to a Scot.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 19:27   #23
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I have nothing but resentment against Celtic, now after the appaling behaviour towards us English fans at Wembley Cup, this was a friendly match, with four teams, the singing towards us and Hutton, was bad, no wonder there is so much aggro in Glasgow between rivals Celts and Rangers, and l am married to a Scot.
You must have a lot of resentment against a lot of people Arthur.

Sun exclusive shoccer " Football fans direct songs at rival fans" -
"The Celtic fans seemed to target me" says Alan Hutton, ex Glasgow Rangers, " I don't understand why"

Couldn't be a touch of sour grapes there Arthur, what with our reserves doing your lot over.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 19:41   #24
Sox
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Telephone- T.V X.L Broadband .L. Sky Sports
Sox has reached the bronze age
Sox has reached the bronze ageSox has reached the bronze ageSox has reached the bronze age

Quote:

I didn't see these games,so I can't comment on that.But I couldn't say a bad word about Celtic after 'Hillsborough' they offered us a hand of friendship I can never forget.And If you had/heard or seen both set of supporters hand in hand singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' I don't think anyone would have had a dry eye.Celtic supporters still continue to come to 'Anfield' on April 15th every year at their own expense and that's after 20 years.
Y.N.W.A.
Sox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 19:51   #25
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I have been to many games involving Celtic, l have been to the derbys ie Rangers, and also the game where they played Arsenal many years ago, and yes l did have respect for them, and PLEASE don't get me wrong, Celtic are a good club, but the slanging they gave us last week, doesn't make sense, even a mate of mine who is a Celtic fan, couldn't understand why they were singing anti English songs, the fans of today have changed over the years, so why do it.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 20:02   #26
Sox
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Telephone- T.V X.L Broadband .L. Sky Sports
Sox has reached the bronze age
Sox has reached the bronze ageSox has reached the bronze ageSox has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I have been to many games involving Celtic, l have been to the derbys ie Rangers, and also the game where they played Arsenal many years ago, and yes l did have respect for them, and PLEASE don't get me wrong, Celtic are a good club, but the slanging they gave us last week, doesn't make sense, even a mate of mine who is a Celtic fan, couldn't understand why they were singing anti English songs, the fans of today have changed over the years, so why do it.

I wasn't saying you didn't have respect
The same can be said for any club
I myself feel sick if LFC fans sing about 'Munich'
I have respect for Man Utd and every club
I agree with you about changes in attitude of fans.Also players in some cases
In my oppoinion the worse thing to happen was the forming of the Premiership.
There is too much greed nowadays and contrats mean nothing.
I started watching Liverpool in 1958 as a five year old when players like Billy Liddell were on buttons compared to players nowadays.
Sorry if I sounded like I was having a go at you I wasn't
No matter which club you support ,good luck in 2009/2010
Sox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 20:08   #27
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
I'm hoping you don't ever get to see your team play Swansea or Cardiff, THEN you'll see some anti-english feeling.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 00:44   #28
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
I didn't see these games,so I can't comment on that.But I couldn't say a bad word about Celtic after 'Hillsborough' they offered us a hand of friendship I can never forget.
Just a pity some of their fans don't feel the same about people killed in the Ibrox disaster
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:57   #29
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

only 307 days untill the fifa World cup in South Africa
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:04   #30
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Good luck to the Swans against Leicester, unknown manager, star players gone....

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote