Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Old 28-03-2008, 11:22   #91
southwell
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Virgin Phone + 50mb
southwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Aye, but you have saved yourself a few quid by buying it on BD and not paying £24.99 via the Playstation Store.
Aye, in my opinion they should be offering an incentive to buy something from the PS store. Why would i want to pay £25 then not be able to sell it if i wanted (which i wouldn't ) especially as it's under £20 in Asda.
southwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2008, 11:24   #92
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Aye, but you have saved yourself a few quid by buying it on BD and not paying £24.99 via the Playstation Store.
I paid £24.97
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 11:29   #93
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
I paid £24.97
You got bumped matey!

Some Blockbuster stores are selling it for £17.99 and some Game, Gamestation and Woolies stores for £19.99.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 14:12   #94
andyandy
Inactive

andyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of light

Yes! Mines arrived - just popped back home and its sitting on the doormat
andyandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 14:20   #95
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

How's the online play for lag, matchmaking, fluidity etc?
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 14:30   #96
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
How's the online play for lag, matchmaking, fluidity etc?
I haven't tried it online yet. Been trying to build up credits to get a decent car to race online, so I couldn't possibly comment. I may have a wee shot later. Don't know about any other PS3 users on here, if they've played it online.
Old 28-03-2008, 16:05   #97
Bluffdemon
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone and 50Mb BB , Tivo \m/
Bluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the rough

I had a couple of races online today very good indeed alot of fun and easy to get straight into the action never noticed any lag at the time ! will be having some more of this later need a thrash on guitar hero 3 first to warm up lol
Bluffdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 16:17   #98
andyandy
Inactive

andyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of light

Ive had a couple of quick goes online and it is very good.

Only seen one slight bit of lag - this was when a car spun and it was jumping all over the place.

Otherwise its fantastic!
andyandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 16:40   #99
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Just got home with my copy and am installing it just now. Got it from Zavvi was £25 but I get 10% off.
Old 28-03-2008, 17:13   #100
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

I just had two races online. Quite funny really. You can clip your opponents car and watch them spin out of control, whilst you're busy laughing overtaking/beating the rest of the field.

No lag that I have noticed. It's fun and fast paced. A joy to play online and you win credits, which tbh I didn't expect.

Off to do some more racing and get me a Ford GT.

Only 30,000 credits off getting one.

Lotus Elise rocks too.
Old 28-03-2008, 23:05   #101
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Had a short play so far and its really good, quiet a lot to do actually.

Tried 1 online game and there seemed to be a small amount of lag in the game I was in.

Graphics are pretty good but I have noticed a few dodgy moments. A few of the in car views seem to have not very good textures and I thought that the London track looked a lot more low res than some of the other tracks. Its like they took the PS2 version and just upped the detail a bit where as some of the other tracks have clearly been built from scratch.
Old 30-03-2008, 16:32   #102
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Done all the C and B class races. Now things are getting a bit harder in A. I say I did C + B but I did get silver in 2 C races and in 2 B races. Won first A Class with Gold but need a better car with better handling I think.

Any1 else on the A class ? can you recommend a good car to use now. I used the Nissan GT-R for the first race and its fast but its not so good for the twist and turns as it can easy spin out of control.

Also whats with people just trying to ram you off the track online ? It's so sad. People are to busy playing bumper cares lol.

Here's some info on the car damage possibly comming soon. Maybe in an update or maybe in the full release.

Quote:
When you hear the word "soon" from Polyphony Digital, you have to interpret it as "in a year, or our next game" at the very least. Anyway, Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi said they've been in talks with automobile manufacturers who initially "hated the idea of deformation, now they're slowly coming around to it ... We've still got a few to convince, but we will. Expect deformation in the very near future: very, very soon." Sounds almost too good to be true!
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/03/29/...ormation-soon/
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 17:07   #103
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Done all the C and B class races. Now things are getting a bit harder in A. I say I did C + B but I did get silver in 2 C races and in 2 B races. Won first A Class with Gold but need a better car with better handling I think.

Any1 else on the A class ? can you recommend a good car to use now. I used the Nissan GT-R for the first race and its fast but its not so good for the twist and turns as it can easy spin out of control.

Also whats with people just trying to ram you off the track online ? It's so sad. People are to busy playing bumper cares lol.
There are going to be races where you will get penalties for crashing into people online. Some idiot did it to me whilst I was in first place. Let's say I wasn't too pleased and it's a good job voice chat wasn't enabled. I got my own back in the next race.

I am struggling with a couple of races on the B class. I just cannot get to grips with the London track. The Nissan GT-R is a great car to use. Yes it has masses of under and oversteer, but used correctly it's not too hard to control it.
Old 30-03-2008, 17:14   #104
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I am struggling with a couple of races on the B class. I just cannot get to grips with the London track. The Nissan GT-R is a great car to use. Yes it has masses of under and oversteer, but used correctly it's not too hard to control it.
The london Track I found really easy lol what car are you using on it ? I think I used the Honda Integra. Just brake early take the hard corners slowly and hit the gas on the way out. I can understand how it can seem hard and it has some really nasty turns but I found that one really easy. As I say m8 if you havent already give the Honda a go on it. Seems to eat that track up TBH.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 17:24   #105
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Funnily enough, the Honda Integra, I haven't used on that track. I've just used the Nissan GTR and it just doesn't like it. Yet it loves the Suzuka circuit which imo has a few more difficult twist and turns.

Will try the honda and let you know how I get on!