Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Old 27-03-2008, 19:35   #76
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev View Post
for the update failing, i read somewhere it is supposed to resume from where it failed yet the progress bar starts at 0 for me, is it actually resuming or not?
Mine resumed. If the update fails then quit the game go back to your main PS3 XMB then start the game again. Go back into GT:TV and it should resume from where it left off. GT5:P servers are currently offline for further updates and maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
I cant believe a demo gets so much hype (enough for people to actually pay for it )
TBH & IMO it's more than just a demo. This game has been delayed for over a year and further still with the final release due next year. This is one of the games that was announced when the PS3 arrived on these shores. GT5:P as well as GTA IV were the 2 most eagerly awaited games on the PS3, due to the fact that it will make the most of what the PS3 has to offer. They weren't wrong!
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-03-2008, 19:37   #77
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
I cant believe a demo gets so much hype (enough for people to actually pay for it )
Dude its £20 hardly breaks the banks for us PS3 owners. Plus you do get a lot for your money.
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 19:44   #78
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Mine resumed. If the update fails then quit the game go back to your main PS3 XMB then start the game again. Go back into GT:TV and it should resume from where it left off. GT5:P servers are currently offline for further updates and maintenance.
so the progress bar should go to where it failed?
dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 19:48   #79
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev View Post
so the progress bar should go to where it failed?
Mine didnt however after getting to 90+% it failed. After the server came back on and I did it again it was almost instant so my guess is it does resume but does not tell you its resumming. Hope that helped.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 19:52   #80
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

guess it is then as it does appear to be increased the progress bar quicker

update: finally got the update and it didnt take as long as when it was failing so i assume it did actually resume
dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 20:04   #81
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Icestar - That tip did the trick. The time settings on my PS3 were way off. Date was fine though.

Cheers for that, it did cross my mind to check, but I thought it was more to do with GT5 more than anything else. I also automatically assumed my PS3's time would be sound as, obviously not.

Ta again!
Old 27-03-2008, 21:32   #82
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Icestar - That tip did the trick. The time settings on my PS3 were way off. Date was fine though.

Cheers for that, it did cross my mind to check, but I thought it was more to do with GT5 more than anything else. I also automatically assumed my PS3's time would be sound as, obviously not.

Ta again!
No probs m8. I thought mine was ok to. Had set it when I got system. Think maybe one of the firmware updates may of changed it maybe. Anyway glad you got it sorted
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 22:44   #83
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

New GTA IV trailer released on PSN. See relevant thread.

By the way Sony's forums have been gubbed proper tonight. Frequent crashes, the full monty.

All the noobies asking about GT5:P and spamming different sections of the forums. Only if they had the admin/mods we had, none of that would of happened.
Old 28-03-2008, 07:51   #84
STONEISLAND
Inactive

STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Well can you imagine my disappointment to wake and not see it in the store!!!!!!!

Can someone tell me when its in so I can get the wife to download it for me whiles I'm at work.

Or I may just buy it from Blockbusters, PS Store will lose my cash again.
Old 28-03-2008, 08:16   #85
Clevett10
Inactive

Services: Virgin V+ (XL) , Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii , Philips 37PF5520D 37" HD LCD and 2mb broadband
Clevett10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Clevett10

Wow! i was totally unaware of the F1 cars being on!?

that is stunning Graphics, currently playing burnout Paradise but after seeing that (found it in a better quality on IGN.com) it makes its look like mario kart on the nez :p

Getting my PS3 in May just been waiting for this to come out and MGS 4.
Clevett10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 09:26   #86
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
Well can you imagine my disappointment to wake and not see it in the store!!!!!!!

Can someone tell me when its in so I can get the wife to download it for me whiles I'm at work.

Or I may just buy it from Blockbusters, PS Store will lose my cash again.
There will be an official announcement tomorrow by SCEE regarding the delayed download of GT5:P from the Playstation store. I would recommend buying it from a retailer.
Old 28-03-2008, 10:12   #87
southwell
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Virgin Phone + 50mb
southwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation era

Picked up my copy at Asda this morning Only 6 hours of work to go!
southwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 10:31   #88
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

The store is apparently being updated now.
Old 28-03-2008, 11:03   #89
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
There will be an official announcement tomorrow by SCEE regarding the delayed download of GT5:P from the Playstation store. I would recommend buying it from a retailer.
Picked it up from Sainsbury’s this morning. PS store has lost my custom due to the delay. I’m sure they have lost a lot from the delay
Old 28-03-2008, 11:18   #90
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Aye, but you have saved yourself a few quid by buying it on BD and not paying £24.99 via the Playstation Store.