Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is Film4 HD on the M package?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V+HD Box used to work at friends house

Old 07-07-2011, 18:06   #1
wigster
Inactive

wigster is an unknown quantity at this point
V+HD Box used to work at friends house

Hi Guys,

I'm new to all this so please bare with me.. I have a V+HD Samsung box which is legit and paid for monthly, I used to be able to take round my friends house for football matches or whatever and even at times left it there for months on end, recently the channels I recieve round there have started dissapearing I still get SS1 and some of the movies but a lot have gone where as to start with I used to get them all with no issues? When I take the box home it works fine again, anyone know how I could get them all back?
We have more or less the same postcode,

your help/time with this matter would be greatly appreciated
wigster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2011, 18:11   #2
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Re: V+HD Box used to work at friends house

It's against the terms and conditions to do this which is probably why they have made channels go missing if you use it at your friends house. There isn't anything that can be done about it.
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 18:13   #3
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

I would be careful doing that if I were you, they may cut you off completely. The best thing to do would be for your friend to get Virgin services at their place.
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 18:17   #4
wigster
Inactive

Smile Re: V+HD Box used to work at friends house

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, was just wondering why it used to work and now it doesn't that was all, thanks for your assistance
Old 07-07-2011, 18:25   #5
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

could be your friend has a signal issue that they wont fix as he is not a customer
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 18:32   #6
wigster
Inactive

Hi,
They are a customer just can't afford all the channels each month, they subscribe to the medium package, I just don't understand how some of the premium channels work yet others don't, just wondered whether any of the technical people on here knew why it was.
Thanks for your response
Old 07-07-2011, 18:41   #7
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

It is due due to the new encryption system that they have done? I take you have had new viewing cards?
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 18:46   #8
wigster
Inactive

Hi,
Yes I had the new viewing cards before I started using it there and the cards are matched to the box etc... Just baffles me how some channels work and others don't. Do you think formatting the box would help?
Thanks for replying
Old 07-07-2011, 18:52   #9
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigster View Post
Hi,
Yes I had the new viewing cards before I started using it there and the cards are matched to the box etc... Just baffles me how some channels work and others don't. Do you think formatting the box would help?
Thanks for replying
No the box and the cards are linked to the address that they are registered.
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 19:08   #10
wigster
Inactive

Thanks for your help guys
Old 07-07-2011, 20:20   #11
tweedie
Inactive

tweedie has a spectacular aura about themtweedie has a spectacular aura about themtweedie has a spectacular aura about themtweedie has a spectacular aura about them

Invite your friend round to your house
tweedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 20:24   #12
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Sounds like a signal issue. Do you get a "not subscribed..." message or a 3200 error message?
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:42   #13
wigster
Inactive

Hi,
I get a blank screen for a while then the code 3203
Old 08-07-2011, 09:17   #14
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedie View Post
Invite your friend round to your house
+1 on that.
Why on earth would you leave your box round someones house, how are you meant to use it yourself lol
I'm sure if they can't afford movies/sports they'd be able to live without them haha amusing thread
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote