Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is there a list of error codes anywhere ??

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Getting V+

Old 16-10-2008, 10:43   #1
MojoUK
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media: XL TV, 500GB TiVo, Up to 152mb Broadband, XXL phone
MojoUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Getting V+

I'm thinking of getting a V+ box in the near future, and was wondering, when I phone up Customer Services, do they charge you when you apply for it, or is it added to your next bill?
MojoUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-10-2008, 11:39   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Getting V+

they should ask you to pay up front. sometimes they dont and get it to added to your bill (which can cause problems if you have Credit Limit/High Regular Usage)
Old 16-10-2008, 12:59   #3
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Mine was added to my bill
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2008, 18:24   #4
MojoUK
Inactive

Post Re: Getting V+

Ok, have just phoned Customer Services. They said an offer is on at the mo, whereas you can have a V+ box for £99, & keep your existing box, plus a £5 charge each month. So I said I didn't want 2 boxes, as we only live in a flat, & was told it would then be the full £150 to have V+!?!?!? Surely this can't be right??? Any ideas anyone??? I mean, we don't want another box, as we will have no use for it, & being penalised in the process... talk about con trick!
Old 18-10-2008, 18:50   #5
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

Not really a scam; £150 is the standard price for a the V+ box, anything less is a special offer.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2008, 18:54   #6
MojoUK
Inactive

Post Re: Getting V+

No no, didn't exactly mean it like that, but just seems bit of a con, because I don't want 2 boxes, yet have to pay the full £150.
Old 18-10-2008, 18:56   #7
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacehunterUK View Post
Ok, have just phoned Customer Services. They said an offer is on at the mo, whereas you can have a V+ box for £99, & keep your existing box, plus a £5 charge each month. So I said I didn't want 2 boxes, as we only live in a flat, & was told it would then be the full £150 to have V+!?!?!? Surely this can't be right??? Any ideas anyone??? I mean, we don't want another box, as we will have no use for it, & being penalised in the process... talk about con trick!
If you want a V+ box accept the 'special' offer & just don't use the second box
Old 18-10-2008, 21:02   #8
blackpool_pete
Inactive

blackpool_pete is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: special offer

How can it be a special offer if you've got to keep your old box and pay £5 a month ? were's the special offer in that ? might be better going to sky see what they offer me???? i've been with cable since they installed in my area i would of expected a better offer than this ! come on virgin be reasonable.
blackpool_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2008, 21:18   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

From what i understand, if you don't want to pay the £5 a month for keeping your old box then you must pay £150 then you don't have a monthly charge. Although if you're on the M or L TV pack then you will get charged £5 for using the V+ box.

I do hope they lower the £150 price as i do want V+ too but without any monthly charges or keeping my old box.
Old 18-10-2008, 21:26   #10
blackpool_pete
Inactive

blackpool_pete is an unknown quantity at this point

can a friend who's already got v+ get an additional box for £75 then pass it on to me ? i have xl package so i don't need pay for v+ service ????
blackpool_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2008, 22:26   #11
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

No
Old 20-10-2008, 12:42   #12
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers
Re: special offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpool_pete View Post
might be better going to sky see what they offer me????
A Sky+ HD box will also cost you £150 (although they are running a special offer for £75 to match VM's previous special offer).
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 18:21   #13
accessjunky
Inactive

Services: Triple XL, V+
accessjunky is a jewel in the roughaccessjunky is a jewel in the roughaccessjunky is a jewel in the roughaccessjunky is a jewel in the roughaccessjunky is a jewel in the rough

I don't know if this will work for definite but I asked if I could cancel the extra box after I had the V+ and did so a couple of months later and the £5 charge was removed.

It might be worth asking if you can cancel the extra box when you next speak to VM. Unfortunately the 'offers' are a bit hit and miss as there seems to be little consistency.

However, they still haven't picked up the box despite arranging twice for the pick up!
accessjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 11:05   #14
mumfie
cf.member

mumfie is an unknown quantity at this point

can you explain further please. I am about to ask for V+ as an existing customer and assumed that the V+ was a box in addition to the ordinary set top box. So when you talk about the extra box what do you mean? Obviously I'd like to get rid of the £5 charge if I can but there's nothing on their website explaining any of this (not that I'm surprised).
mumfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 16:08   #15
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

www.virginmedia.com/v+

V+ Offer: Available to all new Virgin TV customers (subject to status and credit checks). Offer also available to existing Virgin TV customers who keep their existing set-top box (at a cost of £5 a month) in addition to their V+ connection. Existing Virgin TV customers should call 0845 840 7777 to get this offer. (Calls cost 6p per min from a Virgin phone.) Installation fee is £99 (usually £150). V+ subscription is included with TV Size: XL. There is a £5 a month charge for TV Size: M and TV Size: L. £99 installation offer ends 31st October 2008.