Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)
Closed Thread

Old 17-12-2009, 09:48   #4336
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

A company without ambition is no company at all...

Plus all the "advertsing" seems to be aimed at cstomers they already have and one lines in company reports no bugger really reads...

It's hardly getting the message out there is it!
Advertisement
Old 17-12-2009, 10:03   #4337
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Sadly I don't think any public company is going to tell you what they are planing to do, and certainly aren't going to talk about deals and contracts that are currently under negotiation.

I haven't a clue but do Sky divulge their upcoming contracts?
Old 17-12-2009, 10:04   #4338
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
It's not about playing games, Andrew. It's about infomation. It would make perfect "buisness sense" to let us know what they are hoping to acgieve and when they are hoping to achieve it.

I for one have had enough with spurious comments of "Hd in the 1st quarter" oh no "Hd by July" , hang on make that "Hd by November".

I'm sorry Digital Fantastic but a page on a website isn't good enough. How about having press releases with our bills every month or better advertising on telly.

My Dad had no idea we had more HD channels until i told him becuase they didn't bother to advertise it properly.

VM's HD department should allbe given a kick up the arse as well as their advertising people.

Can't fault customer service or their tech guys... they are always brilliant!
And what happens if some (or all) of the deals they are negotiating to get the HD content fall though? They could be done for false advertising.

They should advertise the existing HD channels more effectively, but they can't advertise what is coming up because it may not happen. Also, it lets the competition know exactly what they are planning (which is never a good idea). When did Sky advertise what channels they *might* be getting?
Old 17-12-2009, 10:25   #4339
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

I would imagine that if there were ongoing negotiations with Sky for HD, the last thing Sky would want is publicity about it. Sky will want to convert as many Sky+ and VM users to HD as they can before selling the crown jewels.

If I was in Skys shoes, I would provisionally agree to sell HD channels to VM but ONLY when the Sky+HD box sales growth had at least plateaued. The fact that they are giving the Sky+HD box away for free now suggests that they have now sold to all the early adopters and now are going for the Sky+ box owners. I would wait until the World Cup was over and then open up the channels.

(I know that World Cup games will be in HD on VM, well at least the BBC ones but let's face it, Sky are the de facto HD provider in the UK)
Old 17-12-2009, 10:49   #4340
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
And what happens if some (or all) of the deals they are negotiating to get the HD content fall though? They could be done for false advertising.

They should advertise the existing HD channels more effectively, but they can't advertise what is coming up because it may not happen. Also, it lets the competition know exactly what they are planning (which is never a good idea). When did Sky advertise what channels they *might* be getting?
But it's ok that they were happy to tell us when they were coming...but then twice it didn't happen...good!

Aspiration is not definitive! There whole HD department is poor!
Old 17-12-2009, 10:50   #4341
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Well hopefully next year they won't say anything until the channel launches. Then from what you've just said, there should be no complaints right?
Old 17-12-2009, 10:56   #4342
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Well hopefully next year they won't say anything until the channel launches. Then from what you've just said, there should be no complaints right?
I'd rather that than being arsed about yes!
Old 17-12-2009, 13:25   #4343
naeskydish
Inactive

Services: Tivo , V+ hd , TV XL broadband XXL
naeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nice

Quote:
BenMcr: What were they supposed to do? Run full page press ads going 'we might be getting some HD at some point in the future but we aren't sure when'? What would be the point of that?

As with any contract negotiation it's not agreed until it's agreed, so VM can't announce anything until it is
I totally agree and happy to wait
Old 20-12-2009, 12:12   #4344
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

This weeks live sport on ESPN.
Old 20-12-2009, 15:55   #4345
SB_07
Inactive

Services: V+ XL/20MB BB.
SB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nook29 View Post
They seem to have an annoying system, whereby once the the first lot of episodes are removed from the service (it should say how many days they have left on there), the remaining ones are added. They did this with Chuck Season 1, much to my annoyance.
They've now added the 6th episode.....which is a duplicate of the 5th =/
Old 21-12-2009, 02:10   #4346
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C
When did Sky advertise what channels they *might* be getting? snip snip
The difference is that Sky don't need to advertise what upcoming channels they hope to get, SD or HD, their actions speak louder than any words...we all know that Sky will be at the forefront of any new channels that come to the UK market.
Now if VM were to be more aggressive in introducing new channels we wouldn't rely so heavily on the pitiful snippets released to us, eg Daystar TV, Wedding TV and many more that are "still" coming soon.
Old 22-12-2009, 17:43   #4347
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Any News!!!

I know it Christmas week but has anyone got any news on if the Ex-ntl or Ex-CW [outside London] network have got BBC Radio 4 LW on Virgin Channel 911 yet?

Has Virgin moved any BBC Local Radio Channel from Channel 930 to 937 yet on the Ex-Telewest network?

If no one has not got any news may I wish everyone an Merry Christmas and an Happy new year.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 22-12-2009, 17:56   #4348
yorkshireborn
Inactive

Services: SkyQ silver 2TB SkyQ mini multiroom Boxset skysports HD skymovies HD Virgin vivid 350meg
yorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about them

still got BBC Radio 4 LW on Virgin Channel 911 in rotherham

got bbc radio sheffield on 930 bbc leeds on 937

if this helps
Old 22-12-2009, 18:28   #4349
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

And just think, l haven't said my bit yet, and l think the aggro that l am reading is great,
Old 22-12-2009, 18:33   #4350
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
And just think, l haven't said my bit yet, and l think the aggro that l am reading is great,
Waiting with anticipation....
Closed Thread