Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)
Closed Thread

Old 16-12-2009, 13:40   #4321
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

It's not about playing games, Andrew. It's about infomation. It would make perfect "buisness sense" to let us know what they are hoping to acgieve and when they are hoping to achieve it.

I for one have had enough with spurious comments of "Hd in the 1st quarter" oh no "Hd by July" , hang on make that "Hd by November".

I'm sorry Digital Fantastic but a page on a website isn't good enough. How about having press releases with our bills every month or better advertising on telly.

My Dad had no idea we had more HD channels until i told him becuase they didn't bother to advertise it properly.

VM's HD department should allbe given a kick up the arse as well as their advertising people.

Can't fault customer service or their tech guys... they are always brilliant!
Advertisement
Old 16-12-2009, 13:42   #4322
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
It's not about playing games, Andrew. It's about infomation. It would make perfect "buisness sense" to let us know what they are hoping to acgieve and when they are hoping to achieve it.

I for one have had enough with spurious comments of "Hd in the 1st quarter" oh no "Hd by July" , hang on make that "Hd by November".

I'm sorry Digital Fantastic but a page on a website isn't good enough. How about having press releases with our bills every month or better advertising on telly.

My Dad had no idea we had more HD channels until i told him becuase they didn't bother to advertise it properly.

VM's HD department should allbe given a kick up the arse as well as their advertising people.

It's Digital Fanatic and I was just trying to be helpful.
Old 16-12-2009, 13:51   #4323
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
It's Digital Fanatic and I was just trying to be helpful.
I know ... and by the way you ARE fantastic
Old 16-12-2009, 14:30   #4324
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I know ... and by the way you ARE fantastic
cheers dude

I know they do put some news items in the My Virgin Media area also, but I hear what you are saying.

We get complaints from customers about too much junk mail too... i guess it's hard getting the right balance

Maybe a section of news on the www.virginmedia.com site? I know not everyone is internet savvy also though
Old 16-12-2009, 14:36   #4325
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:

So basically oyu wnat to know evne if it means sky gets one over on virgin? because sky knwo wha tthere comptetior is doing.

I said right back in eburary or march expet hd channels in july and guess what we got them i have not since then said expect hd channels sinc ethen it all jsut been rumopurs form cs. I wont say wher ei get my informaitn from but i can say its realible and expect something around the time anagloue swithc and narga 3 is rolled out i wont say anything else nor will i say if the 20-30 hd channesl will happen that just how many the ceo think they could possible have but it might not happen.

if you think this year might have been good for new stuff nextyear will be better
Old 16-12-2009, 14:55   #4326
Mobes
cf.mega poster

I've never doubted you or your sources Andrew, you've aways been reliable.

What i doubt is the VM HD branch who do not, in my opinion, make enough effort to keep us informed and stick to timetables they themselves set.

Re: the last part of your message... i look forward to it
Old 16-12-2009, 15:01   #4327
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I've never doubted you or your sources Andrew, you've aways been reliable.

What i doubt is the VM HD branch who do not, in my opinion, make enough effort to keep us informed and stick to timetables they themselves set.

Re: the last part of your message... i look forward to it
That part i agree with the marketing department is poor anyway i best stop goign off topic
Old 16-12-2009, 18:24   #4328
daveetwo
Inactive

daveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
The press releases are available for all to view the moment they are released on their website.

Click Me!
This is great for those who know about virgin press releases but many customers wouldnt have a clue where to find a virgin press release.
I know because its common knowledge on forums but many customers dont visit forums and so would have no way of knowing.
(But would of course be interested in anything new happening)
Old 16-12-2009, 23:35   #4329
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

What about the electric magazine? I receive it by email and sometimes by post. I was sure they advertised changes and coming soon news. In particular when the HD channels were added I recall reading about them even though I already knew. Do we all get the magazine or is it only for certain packages? that a mag subscription is included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Correct, Duke. Check out either of the last two quarterly investor presentations.
Thanks I had been reading the 3rd quarterly results to no avail.

@ Digital Fanatic, thanks for uploading the link for press releases. I didn't get chance to this morning.

Duke
Old 16-12-2009, 23:47   #4330
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukefever View Post
What about the electric magazine? I receive it by email and sometimes by post. I was sure they advertised changes and coming soon news. In particular when the HD channels were added I recall reading about them even though I already knew. Do we all get the magazine or is it only for certain packages? that a mag subscription is included.

Thanks I had been reading the 3rd quarterly results to no avail.

@ Digital Fanatic, thanks for uploading the link for press releases. I didn't get chance to this morning.

Duke
True...forgot about Electric... I think all TV customers get it?

No probs about the link
Old 17-12-2009, 00:15   #4331
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The news about the HD channels was also posted to My Virgin Media Customer News

http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginm...d-channels.php

so Virgin do try and communicate where they can about new stuff.

But I agree it could be better, and hopefully will improve next year
Old 17-12-2009, 00:18   #4332
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post

Yeah, I thought I saw it there too.
Old 17-12-2009, 01:24   #4333
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post

It was also in full page spreads in national newspapers, as well as inserts in magazines.

I dunno when people will feel they're done enough, but they didn't exactly keep quiet about it.
Old 17-12-2009, 02:07   #4334
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
It was also in full page spreads in national newspapers, as well as inserts in magazines.

I dunno when people will feel they're done enough, but they didn't exactly keep quiet about it.
The only problem with the advertising your talking about, is that it occurred just days before and also after release of said HD channels, thats hardly keeping us informed over the previous year.
Old 17-12-2009, 09:46   #4335
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

What were they supposed to do? Run full page press ads going 'we might be getting some HD at some point in the future but we aren't sure when'? What would be the point of that?

As with any contract negotiation it's not agreed until it's agreed, so VM can't announce anything until it is.