Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)
Closed Thread

Old 21-09-2009, 15:24   #3631
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

oops

I did not see that ad - I only watch ESPN when SPL games is on.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 21-09-2009, 15:57   #3632
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

any news on blue square premier tv rights and fa cup tv rights
Old 21-09-2009, 15:57   #3633
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysoj1 View Post
any news on blue square premier tv rights and fa cup tv right
BSP is mostly likely to be internet only no company is bidding fo rit fa cup i tink espna dn sky are after it
Old 21-09-2009, 16:45   #3634
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysoj1 View Post
any news on blue square premier tv rights and fa cup tv rights
ESPN recently ended talks with BSP.
Old 21-09-2009, 18:11   #3635
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

This weeks list now online - see post one.
Old 21-09-2009, 18:59   #3636
EDtheRED03
Inactive

Services: V+ XL TV Package. M Broadband Unlimited Phone
EDtheRED03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Media Boy

Any chance you could launch the football listings as a seperate thread prior to the re-launch in January?

Handy section of your post to see if there is any matches worth watching!
Old 21-09-2009, 19:46   #3637
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDtheRED03 View Post
Media Boy

Any chance you could launch the football listings as a seperate thread prior to the re-launch in January?

My ESPN blog updates weekly with all the weeks live sport. Check livesportontv.com for sport listings.
Old 21-09-2009, 20:02   #3638
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDtheRED03 View Post
Media Boy

Done

Go to: http://footballonvirgintv.blogspot.com/
Old 21-09-2009, 22:00   #3639
EDtheRED03
Inactive

Services: V+ XL TV Package. M Broadband Unlimited Phone
EDtheRED03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Spot on, thanks MB!
Old 21-09-2009, 22:09   #3640
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Fish View Post
Whilst this all sounds likely, what is Nialli's pedigree? I dont wish to sound sceptical but time and time again I have heard people say - I have heard for somebody in VM - this or that -

If it is likely that this is more beleivable (not just that it sounds likely - we can all speculate - then great to have a reliable source, otherwise I get a bit fed up with conjecture being presented as fact.....
I think most folk around here know me well enough to know that my sources are reliable and that any speculation on my blog is clearly marked as such. I was told on Friday that Living HD is "still on course" for October, although when in October I don't know.
Old 21-09-2009, 22:41   #3641
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I think most folk around here know me well enough to know that my sources are reliable and that any speculation on my blog is clearly marked as such. I was told on Friday that Living HD is "still on course" for October, although when in October I don't know.
It all depends on sky, they wont launch it until they can get carriage on sky but they wont accept a low amount and are trying to doa exchange with sky 1 hd but hay we all know sky plays hard ball

i aint saying it hink you are wrong or right jsut pointing out that october might be late as well
Old 22-09-2009, 10:10   #3642
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

''Free Pass Weekend'' comes to Sky Movies....
....Between 6pm on Friday 30th October and 6am on Monday 2nd November.

But I do not know if Virgin Media are going to show the Sky Movies ''Free Pass Weekend.'' yet.

Sky Movies Screen 1 broadcasts on Virgin Channel 411.

http://virgintvmediaboy.blogspot.com...ky-movies.html
Old 22-09-2009, 10:35   #3643
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Red face Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbravo View Post
maybe i'm a bit behind the times but here goes. Just noiced living player is available via the red button
I only noticed the red button about two hours ago so you're way ahead of me! However, I didn't see it last night while watching the Hoffs.
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Old 22-09-2009, 10:56   #3644
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

I noticed something like that on Sunday Morning.

But I was busy reading the Mail on Sunday and being QPR Manager - on my PS2 - I forgOt I saw it.
Old 22-09-2009, 12:14   #3645
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Post Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
It all depends on sky, they wont launch it until they can get carriage on sky but they wont accept a low amount and are trying to doa exchange with sky 1 hd but hay we all know sky plays hard ball

i aint saying it hink you are wrong or right jsut pointing out that october might be late as well
Hmm! Despite all my years as a member of this thread, I still don't see why a channel would hold off launching on one platform because they haven't yet signed agreements with another.

Given that Living HD is owned by VM and that they already have a barker channel in place on VM cable advertising the new service, there would surely have to be a better reason for holding back.

If they wanted to go for an all-platform launch, they'd have to wait for agreements to be signed with Sky, FreeSat and FreeView and then await the launch of the HD service on FreeeView too.

Even if it's a case of swapsies for a Sky HD channel they wouldn't need to wait to launch Living HD on VM cable since the counterpart Sky HD channel is already broadcasting on Sky satellite!
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Closed Thread