Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 12:27   #2881
i am annoyed
Inactive

Services: XL TV, L BB, L phone
i am annoyed is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfc1902 View Post
What does the next line down say?
1080 wide

---------- Post added at 12:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBD3000 View Post
You need to ring up customers services like it says on the message. Sounds like a fault or an issue with your account.

Whether your using your v+ box with a HDMI lead or not wouldn't stop you accessing the channels.

Hope that helps
Tried that but they keep telling me that the channels aren't live yet, but I know fine well they are
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2009, 12:27   #2882
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna123 View Post
ESPN Classic is now broadcasting.

ESPN HD still has no EPG data, just says 'No programme information'.

If the news about the Asian channels is true, then the XL just keeps going from strength to strength. This will give Sky some serious competition, as the price of Asian channels on Virgin was always too high.
ESPN Classic is not broadcasting on Ex-Telewest - yet.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 03-08-2009, 12:44   #2883
ncfc1902
cf.addict

ncfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am annoyed View Post
1080 wide

---------- Post added at 12:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Tried that but they keep telling me that the channels aren't live yet, but I know fine well they are
Very strange!
Try reporting the fault through the newsgroup, they are very helpful on there.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:45   #2884
musicbravo
Inactive

Services: Virgin v+ xl TV Virgin M Broadband and phone
musicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these parts

Quote:

As EBD said, v+ does not need to be in HDMI mode. I am using my old 28" CRT and can access all HD channels abeit in SD mode.

If ringing CS is not working for you (I cant quite believe they keep telling you they havent launched, so think you have only rung once or twice) try getting it sorted through the newsgroups
Old 03-08-2009, 13:09   #2885
takitomouse
Inactive

Services: L Phone, XL TV, L Broadband, V+
takitomouse is an unknown quantity at this point

or try the twitter cs guys, they seem pretty good at getting problems sorted:

www.twitter.com/virginmedia
Old 03-08-2009, 13:34   #2886
i am annoyed
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfc1902 View Post
Very strange!
Try reporting the fault through the newsgroup, they are very helpful on there.
What/where exactly is the newsgroup, would you be able to post a link?
Old 03-08-2009, 13:45   #2887
sstainer
Inactive

Services: VIP package
sstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to sstainer

Quote:
What/where exactly is the newsgroup, would you be able to post a link?
this tells you what the newsgroups are & how to set them up
http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia/newsgroups/
Old 03-08-2009, 13:50   #2888
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

ESPN Update: ESPN Classic is now broadcasting in Ex-Telewest areas.
Old 03-08-2009, 13:53   #2889
call08
Inactive

Services: V+ xl broaband 8.2 meg service
call08 is an unknown quantity at this point

espn hd has saying u have not subcribed to it on xl and its free this month espn disaperd altogether the espn hd reboot my hd box espn hd back with the tv listings aswell and says same mesage on espn sd
Old 03-08-2009, 14:11   #2890
sakiblateef
Inactive

sakiblateef will become famous soon enoughsakiblateef will become famous soon enoughsakiblateef will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna123 View Post
ESPN Classic is now broadcasting.

ESPN HD still has no EPG data, just says 'No programme information'.

If the news about the Asian channels is true, then the XL just keeps going from strength to strength. This will give Sky some serious competition, as the price of Asian channels on Virgin was always too high.
The prices of Asian channels Virgin have were about the same on Sky if you subscribe individually though the £24 deal for all the channels on Virgin was still a good deal.

It will definately give some serious competition to Sky as they only offer the Star pack of channels in their top package where as Virgin will offer all the Asian channels they have in their top package.
Old 03-08-2009, 14:26   #2891
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Sorry - This post was not the right infomation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: Virgin to axe ''The Asian Package'' soon.

I have been told that Virgin Media has got plans in the wind to axe The Asian Package and will be inclusive with the XL package over the next few months.
But here is the right information:

Virgin is considering getting the asian package (£24) inclusively on XL package without any extra charges.

And will join over the next few months if Virgin goes ahead with it.

Media Boy: Sorry for not giving out the right information the first time I mis-read it.
Old 03-08-2009, 15:34   #2892
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

ESPN and ESPN HD will start broadcasting at 8pm (sorry if this has already been said)
Old 03-08-2009, 15:41   #2893
i am annoyed
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by call08 View Post
espn hd has saying u have not subcribed to it on xl and its free this month espn disaperd altogether the espn hd reboot my hd box espn hd back with the tv listings aswell and says same mesage on espn sd
Same problem as I'm getting, except for me it happens on all the HD channels and not on ESPN SD.
Old 03-08-2009, 15:47   #2894
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
ESPN and ESPN HD will start broadcasting at 8pm (sorry if this has already been said)
It has indeed been said.
Old 03-08-2009, 16:04   #2895
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Sorry - This post was not the right infomation.

But here is the right information:

Virgin is considering getting the asian package (£24) inclusively on XL package without any extra charges.

And will join over the next few months if Virgin goes ahead with it.

Media Boy: Sorry for not giving out the right information the first time I mis-read it.
I really hope so as I was looking at the asian channels yesterday as the wife like to watch Zee and she expressed a interest in the £24 package.
Closed Thread