Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | bbc Sports Personality of the year 2008

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

bbc Sports Personality of the year 2008
View Poll Results: Vote for your BBC sports personality of the year
Rebecca Adlington 1 11.11%
Nicole Cooke 1 11.11%
Chris Hoy 1 11.11%
Rebecca Romero 0 0%
Bradley Wiggins 0 0%
Ben Ainslie 0 0%
Christine Ohuruogu 0 0%
Lewis Hamilton 2 22.22%
Joe Calzaghe 4 44.44%
Andy Murray 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2008, 20:01   #1
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
bbc Sports Personality of the year 2008

In any other year there would be a stand out winner but this year any one of about 5 people Could win the thing.

If you ask me Rebecca Adlington should win just for the things she managed to do at the 08 Games yes i know Hamilton did great things.but he had more help along the way than Adlington For that along she should win.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_a...ar/7751044.stm
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2008, 20:05   #2
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy
Re: bbc Sports Personality of the year 2008

I hope Hamilton doesnt win it, there are people that have put more effort in over a longer period of time to get what they won at the olympics. I'm not saying Hamilton isn't talented, i just think F1 isn't a fair playing field.

Perhaps this should have been a poll
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 20:33   #3
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Good idea if the OP agrees?? Shall we add a poll to this thread to end on the 13th???

The final list is
  • Rebecca Adlington
  • Nicole Cooke
  • Chris Hoy
  • Rebecca Romero
  • Bradley Wiggins
  • Ben Ainslie
  • Christine Ohuruogu
  • Lewis Hamilton
  • Joe Calzaghe
  • Andy Murray
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 20:38   #4
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

sounds good to me
Old 01-12-2008, 20:41   #5
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Joe Calzaghe all the way.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 21:48   #6
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

hamilton without a doubt. he has an undeniable talent behind the wheel and has only improved it by racing since he was a young lad. he's done outstandingly well over his first 2 seasons in the top flight, becoming world champion in only his second season.
Old 01-12-2008, 21:50   #7
SB_07
Inactive

Services: V+ XL/20MB BB.
SB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Joe Calzaghe all the way.
I agree, Joe has become a true legend this year.
SB_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 21:50   #8
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
hamilton without a doubt. he has an undeniable talent behind the wheel and has only improved it by racing since he was a young lad. he's done outstandingly well over his first 2 seasons in the top flight, becoming world champion in only his second season.

which of course would have also happened if he was in the Williams
Old 01-12-2008, 22:03   #9
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

My money is on Hamilton

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 22:27   #10
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
My money is on Hamilton
personally if choosing a candidate from F1 I would prefer David Coulthard, I think it would be a fitting tribute to a man who showed himself to be a true gentleman during his career ???
Old 01-12-2008, 22:31   #11
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Nice to see para-olympians on the list

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:05   #12
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Nice to see para-olympians on the list
that's a joke right thay put in so much hard work to get to where thay are far more than any footballer or boxer
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:55   #13
soup dragon
Inactive

Services: XL BB, XL TV, V+
soup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of society

Andy Murray?? sports PERSONALITY?
soup dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:21   #14
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup dragon View Post
Andy Murray?? sports PERSONALITY?
You can stuff the same about Hamilton then. If Hamilton Wins they should also give his car an award.

I'd say Calzage. Why is Amir Khan not on the list? Not saying I'd vote for him but I know plenty that would.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:24   #15
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
You can stuff the same about Hamilton then. If Hamilton Wins they should also give his car an award.
So if you were in Hamiltons car you could have beat Massa to the championship as well???
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote