Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 13-03-2016, 13:40   #2791
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
So tired, been up all night nursing oldest GSD, he's just coming upto 12 and for the last few years has has regular bouts of fits every 3-4 weeks. These bouts last 24 - 48 hours where he can fit every 30mins to 2hours.

Only good things are that he's never in pain, he recovers fast and when he's not having his bouts he's amazingly active and still acts like the ex-police dog he is.
That must be a scary experience for you Kymmy. I hate it when our Ben is unwell and I do the same as you. Still having the little love still with us makes it all worth while so to you.
Old 13-03-2016, 13:55   #2792
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
So tired, been up all night nursing oldest GSD, he's just coming upto 12 and for the last few years has has regular bouts of fits every 3-4 weeks. These bouts last 24 - 48 hours where he can fit every 30mins to 2hours.

Only good things are that he's never in pain, he recovers fast and when he's not having his bouts he's amazingly active and still acts like the ex-police dog he is.
As you say he is not in pain and is part of the family and in my mind that makes it all worthwhile as they give you so many wonderful memories..
Old 13-03-2016, 15:12   #2793
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

He was put on Epiphen which would control the fits but he was walking/stumbling along on them like a zombie and had no quality of life so the vet gave us a choice of being on or off..

Thankfully he's a strong dog so although the fits tire him out he recovers well. Here he is only a couple of months ago enjoying the mud at Hunstanton

Attached Images
File Type: jpg timber_mud.JPG (134.8 KB, 65 views)
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2016, 15:19   #2794
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

A looks like a lovely dog and he certainly likes the mud there.
Old 13-03-2016, 15:47   #2795
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

My morphine is making me well grumpy! It's taking a serious effort for me not to say it like I really think it is at the moment I can tell you
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2016, 21:23   #2796
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
My morphine is making me well grumpy! It's taking a serious effort for me not to say it like I really think it is at the moment I can tell you
Sometimes 'saying it like it is' is therapeutic. That's what friends are for!
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 02:12   #2797
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
That must be a scary experience for you Kymmy. I hate it when our Ben is unwell and I do the same as you. Still having the little love still with us makes it all worth while so to you.
His last fit was at 06:15 Sunday morning so we decided to have an early night as after 12 hours fit free they are normally over with. Low and behold I'm downstairs with him as he had another one at 01:00 am so just over an hour ago

He's sleeping atm but waking from sleep is when it tends to strike. I just wish we could keep him awake but he needs all his rest

So another sleepless night for me
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 06:17   #2798
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

My moan is EE. ordered my upgrade Saturday, to be told it would be delivered today. Phoned them last night as I hadn't got a tracking number yet, only to be tole that I'd have to wait a further 7 days for delivery. I wasn't even told they were having stock issues when I did the upgrade on Saturday
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 07:33   #2799
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Don't you love it when your local GP can't decide what medication levels I should be on!
[One doc within the practice decided my blood pressure was high and tried to increase my beta blockers dosage, whilst another doc said blood pressure o'k]
Me in the middle already in 'la la' land said leave it as is!
Same with the dreaded statins, already gone through blood testing liver levels rising if going to a high dosage of statin.
So I would suggest anyone taking multiple meds to question why the need to alter, 18tablets a day is not my idea of fun!
Nearly forgot, letter from GP advises me that blood glucose level rising and warning issued!
Turns out my cocktail of medicines can cause glucose levels to rise so an early starvation blood sample organised.
07.10 if anyone fancies it?
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 11:06   #2800
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

The company I work for is a joke.

Last Monday just before I was goingh one for the afternoon, I was informed by the IT idiots I was beingm moved to the printer downstairs, I wasn't happy as I constantly use it.

I was informed today by a maintenanceg uy that a new photocopier, scanner, printer is being put next to me.

They've spent over 3 hours running cables to this location, when there is on in my office free.

I'm willing to bet I will not be on the user list for the new machine.
Old 14-03-2016, 11:45   #2801
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

My moan is we have an embankment round our garden which belongs to the council but we fenced it of because of dog fowling, which has been fine for 28 years, Now we have new neighbours (who are gypsies) and the three girls play football their and the ball goes in the garden, They swear back when they are told not to use a ball, the Rubbish they leave is A disgrace, But the council give them everything there house had to be fumigated , My nerves cannot take this anymore, The other neighbours are complaining to the council as we have 4 bought houses here and 2 council houses, Does anyone know how many signatures you need to get them out,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 13:33   #2802
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Sorry to hear that Nash when phoning the council try and say one of my neighbours and not the (new neighbours who a gypsies as this could be seen as you don't want Gypsies beside you) focus on the what they a doing and not who they are.

Here is a link. I also suspect they will advice the mediation service which I also suspect your neighbours would decline.

http://www.northlanarkshire.gov.uk/i...articleid=7929

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

Just filled out my hubby's redeployment form something I would rather not have done. I just hope and pray that he gets redeployment within his workplace, as we really do not wish for the alternative option of TUPE.
Old 14-03-2016, 13:37   #2803
denphone
Still alive and fighting

l hope you are fine weenie and l hope you husbands current predicament works out alright as my sister was TUPE over a month ago and all her pay and conditions stayed the same thankfully.
Old 14-03-2016, 13:52   #2804
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Thanks den.
Old 14-03-2016, 17:36   #2805
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Sorry to hear that Nash when phoning the council try and say one of my neighbours and not the (new neighbours who a gypsies as this could be seen as you don't want Gypsies beside you) focus on the what they a doing and not who they are.

Here is a link. I also suspect they will advice the mediation service which I also suspect your neighbours would decline.

http://www.northlanarkshire.gov.uk/i...articleid=7929

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

Just filled out my hubby's redeployment form something I would rather not have done. I just hope and pray that he gets redeployment within his workplace, as we really do not wish for the alternative option of TUPE.
I was explaining to yo all Weenie , but I would never mention Gypsy to the council as they know who they are anyway, , Thanks
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote