Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Samsung Galaxy S3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Samsung Galaxy S3

Old 10-06-2012, 14:12   #196
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3

Yeah, you might as well leave it alone then.

The most useful ones I find are Titanium Backup, Droidwall (firewall) and OpenVPN but the latter two aren't so necessary anymore since Android itself has improved.

I usually only tweak the CPU down anyway to save battery which is totally safe.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2012, 14:19   #197
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
And being able to run various apps that require root. If you haven't come across one yet you probably don't need it.
Adblock?
Old 10-06-2012, 14:26   #198
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Yeah, you might as well leave it alone then.

The most useful ones I find are Titanium Backup, Droidwall (firewall) and OpenVPN but the latter two aren't so necessary anymore since Android itself has improved.

I usually only tweak the CPU down anyway to save battery which is totally safe.
i think i will leave it, i only used to JB iPhone so i could customize phone but now i can do that without no need to root i think ill play it safe and leave it
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 16:01   #199
Pipster
Inactive

Pipster is an unknown quantity at this point

Just been speaking to an advisor over a problem with my DD that Virgin have caused. He has offered me an upgrade now on my phone. Its due in October anyway. I'm tempted by the S3 but he said it was meant to be the 25th June that it was coming out but it has been delayed due to problems with the micro sim Virgin is having. He checked with someone and was told an extra 30 days wait for the S3.

I'm tempted by 4 phones

Galaxy S3
Galaxy S2 I have 2 contracts with Virgin and have the S2 on my other contract and love it.
HTC One X
Iphone 4S (4th Choice)

The phone will be used by my partner and decided to hang on until they are released to change because the S2 has to come down in price and the One X and S3 have to be out to change. He did say the usual that the Iphone is coming to Virgin but will mostly likely be next year. Heard that when I changed 2 years ago.

Phones4U are offering me cashback that would give any of the phones now and buy out the remaining months with Virgin but it means moving networks and the house phone can ring the mobile free of charge, which I think is a major plus to stay with Virgin Mobile.

So its a case of having some patience and waiting until the phones are released.
Pipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 16:28   #200
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Yeah I have heard it has been delayed I might just go for the HTC one X
Old 12-06-2012, 16:46   #201
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Meh, I have the One X and find that other than the screen and wifi signal strength, it's inferior to the S3 in just about every other way.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 12:50   #202
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
i think i will leave it, i only used to JB iPhone so i could customize phone but now i can do that without no need to root i think ill play it safe and leave it

there is a CF root with CWM that does not even change the kernal for this device. There is also a program that deletes the counter warning you get so no one would know if you flashed it back to stock that its been messed with
Old 16-06-2012, 16:22   #203
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
there is a CF root with CWM that does not even change the kernal for this device. There is also a program that deletes the counter warning you get so no one would know if you flashed it back to stock that its been messed with
I did read that the counter could be reset but as ive only had the phone little over a week i think ill wait a while first . Thanks for the info thou

---------- Post added at 16:22 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Anyone know how i can play m4v videos? I have a few triple play Blu Ray films and got the digital content from iTunes using the code on the disk but S3 doesnt play m4v. I have tried converters but because its DRM protected they wont convert or if they do its just a grey screen. I want to be able to play the videos on my S3
Old 16-06-2012, 18:11   #204
tizmeinnit

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_a...ite_bvtdg.html not tried it just google searched

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_a...yer_ckstc.html

the drm of course may well stop them playing?
Old 16-06-2012, 18:13   #205
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Can you get sky go on S3? I am still waiting for it on Samsung Nexus
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 18:27   #206
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t5Yi5za3lnbyJd thought you just installed the app? reviews looks poor though and will not work on rooted phones how mad is that

it appears it does not support ics so no is the answer
Old 16-06-2012, 18:30   #207
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t5Yi5za3lnbyJd thought you just installed the app? reviews looks poor though and will not work on rooted phones how mad is that

it appears it does not support ics so no is the answer
Lol..was just going to say that
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 19:13   #208
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
http://www.androidzoom.com/android_a...ite_bvtdg.html not tried it just google searched

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_a...yer_ckstc.html

the drm of course may well stop them playing?
Ill have a look at them links, i have googles it but just keeps talking about convertes. Will threy play DRM content thou?

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
At the moment you cant get Sky Go on S3 but i download the test apk file and it works fine
Old 16-06-2012, 19:58   #209
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
I love my s2, apart from battery life I prefer it to a 4s
Out of intrest just how bad is your battery?
On a stock ROM I can get around 36 hours light/med usage & on stock ROM + Siyah over 48hrs with my usage pattern.

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post

Anyone know how i can play m4v videos? I have a few triple play Blu Ray films and got the digital content from iTunes using the code on the disk but S3 doesnt play m4v. I have tried converters but because its DRM protected they wont convert or if they do its just a grey screen. I want to be able to play the videos on my S3
Try MX Player or VPlayer (both free)
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 20:21   #210
jamiefrost
cf.geek

Services: V+, XL TV and Phone XXL BB
jamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpack

Have a look at this for getting sky go to work win a s3 or HOX its supposed to block the root / unsupported being reported to the sky go app. Not tried it on my HOX but there are reports of it working

I used a similar one for my jailbreak iPad.

J

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...06967&page=193
jamiefrost is offline   Reply With Quote