Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 26-10-2012, 20:07   #1336
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
All Sky+HD boxes have 2 tuners and have done since launch in 2006?
ok smarty pants i want one like VM's
Advertisement
Old 26-10-2012, 20:26   #1337
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
So move house

Being that I watch most of my content time shifted I've never really had an issue as both tuners are available for recording whilst I catch up with my shows off the HDD , I find the Sky+ app useful as it allows me to look for repeat airings of shows plus with catchup available its even less of an issue although I do have a second recordable box if needed. I see your point though more tuners is always preferable.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 20:35   #1338
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
So move house

Being that I watch most of my content time shifted I've never really had an issue as both tuners are available for recording whilst I catch up with my shows off the HDD , I find the Sky+ app useful as it allows me to look for repeat airings of shows plus with catchup available its even less of an issue although I do have a second recordable box if needed.
The Sky mobile apps can not be praised enough in my opinion. A superb suite of apps that beautifully compliment Sky's TV package.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 20:41   #1339
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
The Sky mobile apps can not be praised enough in my opinion. A superb suite of apps that beautifully compliment Sky's TV package.
what's this ,a sales convention

Seriously though the stb needs updating ,i certainly don't like trawling through a thousand channels to see if there is a +1 or trashing the pitifull bandwidth using OD
Old 26-10-2012, 20:44   #1340
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Premier Sports have a Freeview weekend from today.

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

Quote:
what's this ,a sales convention

Seriously though the stb needs updating ,i certainly don't like trawling through a thousand channels to see if there is a +1 or trashing the pitifull bandwidth using OD
You don't need to use +1 on a lot of channels most air 2 or 3 times a week in HD on the pay TV channels and are series linkable. As Doz007 says the Sky+ app will find the repeat airings in a matter of seconds if you have access to it.
Old 26-10-2012, 20:53   #1341
martyh

Quote:
Premier Sports have a Freeview weekend from today.

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

You don't need to use +1 on a lot of channels most air 2 or 3 times a week in HD on the pay TV channels and are series linkable. As Doz007 says the Sky+ app will find the repeat airings in a matter of seconds if you have access to it.
doesn't matter now anyway the sky's stopped working 'cos we've had a few flakes of snow
Old 26-10-2012, 21:01   #1342
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

wow and you still pay your subscription after being so unhappy.

Old 26-10-2012, 21:07   #1343
martyh

Quote:
wow and you still pay your subscription after being so unhappy.

Nah ,just feel like having a whinge ,in all honesty i have to be a really good boy to get a look at the remote

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

still a rubbish stb though
Old 26-10-2012, 21:15   #1344
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Slow and clunky?

Quote:
Do you have a really old box or something because my 1TB box is so much smoother and more responsive than my old TiVo box.... now there is a box where scrolling through the EPG can become a trawl.

My 1TB Sky box can also record twice the amount of shows as my old 1TB TiVo box also.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 21:34   #1345
martyh

Quote:
Slow and clunky?

Do you have a really old box or something because my 1TB box is so much smoother and more responsive than my old TiVo box.... now there is a box where scrolling through the EPG can become a trawl.

My 1TB Sky box can also record twice the amount of shows as my old 1TB TiVo box also.
no idea ,and no complaints as to it's functionality ,it seems fast enough (yes a lot smoother and faster than the old V+ and it does exactly what it's meant to but it is lacking the extra tuners just to bring it up to date.Concidering i will have to pay to replace it when it knacks up i should at least have the choice to upgrade to a better stb

---------- Post added at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

@muppetman ,i saw your post before you removed it and i wouldn't thank you for a tivo ,it has far too many useless gimmicks on it ,i don't want to access twitter or facebook EVER, let alone when i am watching tv and i certainly don't want tivo predicting what i want to watch ,that's just plain spooky ,i know what i want to watch and will press the appropriate buttons at the required time myself .
A sky box as is will do me just fine, just a few more tuners that's all
Old 27-10-2012, 15:17   #1346
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
not smart ....,1 tuner....,dumb as a box of rocks.... and i don't give a rats ass what it looks like I WANT 2 OR MORE TUNERS or the option to buy one that will work with sky
Personally speaking I think virgins Tivo box is bettew than sky`s boxes on the whole but where sky win and keep me as a customer is their HD channels. If virgin offered the same HD channels as sky for the same price I`d switch like a shot. Until then I`l stick with sky.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 15:24   #1347
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Personally speaking I think virgins Tivo box is bettew than sky`s boxes on the whole but where sky win and keep me as a customer is their HD channels. If virgin offered the same HD channels as sky for the same price I`d switch like a shot. Until then I`l stick with sky.
Not too arsed about the STB , Sky's offering suits me fine that said so would TIVO however I agree I'd consider VM if they were to vastly improve their HD offering but until that time I guess I'll remain with Sky.
Old 30-10-2012, 19:29   #1348
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

FX has been added to Sky Go. Just opened Sky Go on my Galaxy S3 and its there.
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 19:42   #1349
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

BBC iPlayer is now up and running in the Catch-Up TV section within On Demand (what was Anytime+).
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 19:44   #1350
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
FX has been added to Sky Go. Just opened Sky Go on my Galaxy S3 and its there.
Quit rubbing it in to us jellybeans
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote