Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky+ Boxes phased out

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

should I include the viewing card on my sold Sky+ box if I'm still a subscriber?

Old 05-03-2010, 14:41   #1
debbydonut6
Inactive

debbydonut6 is an unknown quantity at this point
should I include the viewing card on my sold Sky+ box if I'm still a subscriber?

Help!! I have recently moved so have had to give up my Sky service although still under contract for a few more months. I have sold my Sky+ Plus box but am wondering if I should include the viewing card as unsure if its exclusive to the box only - or if the buyer could in anyway cost me money on my account until I am able to cancel my subscription. Anyone out there that can help as I've been scouring the web for a few hours now and am totally confused!!!
debbydonut6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2010, 14:44   #2
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: should I include the viewing card on my sold Sky+ box if I'm still a subscriber??

Firstly welcome

You should keep your card!

They will be able to get one from sky to pair to the box
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 14:57   #3
debbydonut6
Inactive

Re: should I include the viewing card on my sold Sky+ box if I'm still a subscriber?

Thank you for your welcome & quick reply. I still don't understand why I shouldn't include the viewing card. If I understood it then I can explain to my buyer why I haven't - but it wasn't advertised with viewing card included so they can't moan.
Old 05-03-2010, 15:17   #4
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Re: should I include the viewing card on my sold Sky+ box if I'm still a subscriber?

Think of the viewing card as a credit card, and the pay per view system as items it can purchase. Believe me resetting the pin number isn't the hardest thing in the world and then work out how many purchases can be made before your next billing period.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 15:18   #5
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Your card is linked to your account - which is why you shouldn't give it away.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 15:25   #6
debbydonut6
Inactive

Many thanks peeps for your responses. Technology and me don't go well together. I now understand about the viewing card but can I at least give the buyer the pin number in case they want to set up any parental controls as I (maybe unwittingly) had said I would in the auction write-up. I have never used the pin number so its still the original one allocated to the box when it was sent to me.t
Old 05-03-2010, 15:29   #7
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

I think the Pin number is linked to your account and not the box/card as mine has remained the same through 3 different Sky boxes.
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 15:58   #8
NoKnowledge
Inactive

NoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond repute

The PIN is connected to the viewing card so there is no point as when or if Sky give them a viewing card they will also get a new PIN.
NoKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 19:28   #9
debbydonut6
Inactive

Smile Re: should I include the viewing card on my sold Sky+ box if I'm still a subscriber?

Many thanks everyone who replied to my question - it helped enormously