Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The iPhone thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The iPhone thread

Old 14-06-2009, 13:51   #706
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
re: The iPhone thread

My 3.0 download is legit, my mate is in the dev program so I got it from him.
Old 14-06-2009, 14:49   #707
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I'm not saying it isn't the proper download. It's just I have seen links to downloads which may or may not be legit.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2009, 15:28   #708
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
I'm not saying it isn't the proper download. It's just I have seen links to downloads which may or may not be legit.
Got on the download quite early so I hope that i have a legit one.

I'm also an Apple Dev so I should be ok ;-). Granted I'm not a fully paid up one yet but I will be soon enough.

If it all goes wrong then you can always use flash it back to 2.xx.

It took about 30 mins in total but I have not synced my tunes over yet as I wanted to play with the software straight away.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2009, 15:29   #709
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I think all the links out there are for the same legit software version though as there isn't actually any developer locks or security on the upgrade, as its just the final 3.0 release that will be available to download on Wednesday.
Old 16-06-2009, 13:50   #710
handyman
Permanently Banned

handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star

For those that have upgraded early I can let you know that mms works now on o2 ;-)

I think they charge 4 sms per photo.
Old 16-06-2009, 14:14   #711
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Well, CPW are doing cashback offers on the 3GS http://www.t3.com/news/carphone-ware...ne-3g-s?=39159
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009, 14:31   #712
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
Well, CPW are doing cashback offers on the 3GS http://www.t3.com/news/carphone-ware...ne-3g-s?=39159
That is good news, I might have to upgrade if they are going to pay off the rest of my contract as well, I can't see any link to that but if they're going to buy my Iphone 3G 8 gig surely they'll have to buy out the contract or is that price just for the handset ?
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009, 14:44   #713
nick_f
Inactive

nick_f is an unknown quantity at this point

oops read it wrong £170 is a good deal
nick_f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009, 15:18   #714
handyman
Permanently Banned

Hmmm - sent the mms to a freind and hour ago and it did work. Then got the following through :-)

Old 16-06-2009, 15:34   #715
matt-h
Inactive

Services: SkyHD , VM BB 60Mb
matt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant future

ISnt the MMS only avaible from the 19th though? Least that what it said in the text i got off o2 last week,
matt-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009, 15:46   #716
handyman
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt-h View Post
ISnt the MMS only avaible from the 19th though? Least that what it said in the text i got off o2 last week,
Iphone 3GS available on the 19th
Iphone 3.0 software with mms etc available on the 17th

Iphone developer 3.0 software released last Monday O2 have turned on mms capability today ready for tommorows software launch.
Old 16-06-2009, 15:50   #717
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars

Possible that Apple are blocking mms for ( non legit ) software, even though it's meant to be the same release it could be that it's not registered for the handset
Old 16-06-2009, 15:54   #718
handyman
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopdude View Post
Possible that Apple are blocking mms for ( non legit ) software, even though it's meant to be the same release it could be that it's not registered for the handset
Have a gander at the screenshots above (from my iphone)

Upgraded to the dev GM 3.0 software the other day and have tried a couple of times to send a mms but it kept failing. (it stores the message in the conversation flow now and you can then go in and resend which is much better than before. Tried it today though and it went through. Then an hour later i got the 2 messeges through. First one saying it will be set up then the other with a test mms.

So all working fine now and a day early.
Old 16-06-2009, 15:58   #719
bopdude
Inactive

Well if it was working and then it wasn't, I would be wondering, time will tell mate, I'm waiting ( for a change )
Old 16-06-2009, 16:05   #720
handyman
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopdude View Post
Well if it was working and then it wasn't, I would be wondering, time will tell mate, I'm waiting ( for a change )
It worked then I got the messages through. I think that they might have noticed mms coming from an iphone account and the messages are o2's way of letting me know that the charging part is set-up now.

Can't believe your waiting, you can always restore back to 2.2 then get the official upgrade.