Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The iPhone thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The iPhone thread

Old 11-06-2009, 14:38   #691
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
re: The iPhone thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
"shake to shuffle" - shake the ipod touch to shuffle to a new song in the music library.

I can predict that one will be popular with people who wear the iphone / ipod touch while jogging...
It only works if the iPod/iPhone is unlocked, so it won't be triggered by running.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2009, 15:20   #692
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

It also only works if you have the iPod set to shuffle
Old 11-06-2009, 22:30   #693
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

iPhone 3GS specs:

http://www.tuaw.com/2009/06/10/t-mob...sor-ram-specs/

iPhone 3GS in depth:

http://www.tuaw.com/2009/06/11/iphon...re-than-speed/
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 23:40   #694
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Upgraded to 3.0 last night.

It's honestly like having a new phone! So many new features and little changes. I love it.
Just upgrading now :-)

Lets hope all goes well

http://i.gizmodo.com/5284779/iphone-...ested-it-works
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 00:11   #695
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I'm tempted, but I'll wait.
Old 12-06-2009, 00:14   #696
handyman
Permanently Banned

handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I'm tempted, but I'll wait.
Waited 24 hours then decided if it did not work i can always flash it back and crack it or whatever and ebay it to get a 3gs. All seems to be going well so far, now restoring my settings to it. 7gb to transfer so I expect it might be a while.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:20   #697
Pushkar
Inactive

Pushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nice

I'll wait till next week, I assume Dev-Team etc are working on a Jailbreak, hopefully saurik updates Cycorder pretty sharpish to work with 3.0.
Pushkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:03   #698
handyman
Permanently Banned

Works great, must have improved the speed by 10-20% overall. Really impressed
Old 12-06-2009, 14:30   #699
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

PAC requested from Vodafone, should take 3-5 days to arrive.

Then it's just a case of getting down to the local O2 shop and bagging me one of the new iPhones
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 21:34   #700
matt-h
Inactive

Services: SkyHD , VM BB 60Mb
matt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant future

Looking forward to this but im not gonna bother on release day as the system is bound to melt with half the world ( j/k ) trying to get it all at once..next weekend will do when its quietened down.
matt-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 20:10   #701
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman View Post
Works great, must have improved the speed by 10-20% overall. Really impressed
How long did the whole thing take?

-----------------

At the moment, I have two concerns regarding updating early using the leaked 3.0 GM file:

1) Installing software obtained from an untrusted source. The file itself has no digital signature, and obviously there's no MD5 hash officially available to check against the downloaded file's MD5 hash (the only MD5 hash I've seen has been posted by people who've downloaded the leak).

2) I've seen mention of the following warning regarding the 3.0 GM:

"By installing iPhone OS 3.0 GM Seed software on your Authorized Test Devices, these Devices are permanently “locked” into test mode and cannot be restored to an earlier release of iPhone OS. Bear this in mind before installing the software."

Not being able to restore to an earlier release... big deal, who would want to downgrade anyway?

But what's all this about being "permanently locked into test mode"? I thought that the leaked version was *the* final version which is going to be officially available on Wednesday, no dev account needed, etc.?
Old 13-06-2009, 20:12   #702
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

I think I'd be tempted to wait for the official release
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 20:16   #703
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

I think that's what I'll do myself.

It is very tempting to upgrade early... but I think it's safer to just wait until Wednesday. It's only a few days, it's not like we have to wait weeks or months.
Old 13-06-2009, 21:05   #704
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

The 3.0GM release is the same file that will be available on Wednesday. There is no test mode or anything.
Old 14-06-2009, 13:21   #705
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I personally wouldn't risk my warranty. Not when there this only a few days to wait for the legit download.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote