Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The iPhone thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The iPhone thread

Old 26-03-2009, 15:14   #601
MoroccoMole
Inactive

MoroccoMole is an unknown quantity at this point
re: The iPhone thread

I've got a bit of dust under the glass on my screen. Looks like it's a common problem Googling about. Anyone else had the same problem and if so, did you get a new phone out of Apple?

MM
MoroccoMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-03-2009, 15:57   #602
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I want a folding keyboard for my iPhone, like I had for my iPaq. It folded up small enough to fit in your suit pocket.
http://www.bmsoftware.co.uk/hardware...lekeyboard.htm

Want it NOW!
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 16:46   #603
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoroccoMole View Post
I've got a bit of dust under the glass on my screen. Looks like it's a common problem Googling about. Anyone else had the same problem and if so, did you get a new phone out of Apple?

MM
I have a couple of specks under the glass on the camera lense.
Old 26-03-2009, 18:39   #604
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwar View Post
I want a folding keyboard for my iPhone, like I had for my iPaq. It folded up small enough to fit in your suit pocket.
http://www.bmsoftware.co.uk/hardware...lekeyboard.htm

Want it NOW!
If you aren't adverse to jailbreaking

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5608333...7611952023311/

Although when 3.0 comes out, bluetooth might be opened up for everyone.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 23:09   #605
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Some rumours of new hardware features for the alleged new model in the Summer:

32GB storage (an obvious upgrade)

Better CPU and/or GPU

3.2MP camera + autofocus [ + flash?]

Front-facing camera for videocalling

Magnetometer (digital compass)

Some links for the last few -

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20090403PB200.html

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/04/08/...-possibilites/

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/04/16/...s-for-iphones/

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/04/07/...-focus-camera/

One of the macrumors.com links also mentions video recording (found by delving into the OS 3.0 beta). Although the other things such as a 3.2MP camera and a magnetometer etc. would require a new hardware version, hopefully those of us with original/3G iPhones will still get the video recording feature with OS 3.0, seeing as AFAIK you can record video if you Jailbreak an iPhone.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 23:56   #606
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Thanks for the heads up
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 09:58   #607
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Yeah... I should be ready for an upgrade by that point... unsure about whether it will be another iPhone OR an AndroidOS-based phone...
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 22:32   #608
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

A reason NOT to buy this piece of junk

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor..._Public_Outcry

This should have never been upload in the first place, Shame on you Apple!!
Old 23-04-2009, 23:25   #609
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

So a 'mistake' in allowing this app to be available on the Applestore makes the phone a piece of crap, get a life, what about the tit wobble app, were you up in arms over that, or what about the duck shoot ......

Yes, they did make a bad call in letting this app through, it is tasteless and very very wrong, but come up with a valid excuse for not buying the phone, instaed of a third party app ffs
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 00:00   #610
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Yes it was approved by mistake by Apple but it does not make the iPhone a piece of crap
Old 24-04-2009, 09:06   #611
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

So, Apple accidentally allow this app (that is written by someone else) to be released. When they find out about it, they pull it, yet you are criticising them for that? How about praising them for pulling it? How about criticising the person who wrote, sold and is making profit from it? How about critcising those who buy it?

Would you be asking people to boycott a Symbian or Windows Mobile phone (neither of which have markets as tightly controlled as the iPhone, so have no mechanism where the manufacturers can pull apps like this) if someone sold an app that did the same thing? What about PCs? Plenty of sick applications and games on those, and no mechanism to control their release.

The app is sick and should be banned, I agree. It has been banned, and I think you need to get some perspective.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 21:53   #612
Pushkar
Inactive

Pushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
So, Apple accidentally allow this app (that is written by someone else) to be released. When they find out about it, they pull it, yet you are criticising them for that? How about praising them for pulling it? How about criticising the person who wrote, sold and is making profit from it? How about critcising those who buy it?

Would you be asking people to boycott a Symbian or Windows Mobile phone (neither of which have markets as tightly controlled as the iPhone, so have no mechanism where the manufacturers can pull apps like this) if someone sold an app that did the same thing? What about PCs? Plenty of sick applications and games on those, and no mechanism to control their release.

The app is sick and should be banned, I agree. It has been banned, and I think you need to get some perspective.
Well to be fair, Apple needs to test and double check that the app is ok - I think they test it on 5 devices, but really they should double check before letting it be published.
Pushkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 13:48   #613
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Just found an interesting app on Digital spy. It's available on the Apple App store..

It's called "fstream" and it allows you to stream Ogg, WMAs and MP3s from online radio stations. Or, any streaming source. It also apparently allows you to record the audio as either WAV or AIFF, and can be controlled remotely via the web.

You can get a list of radio feeds (for this and other apps) from http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/indiv.asp
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 20:56   #614
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Nice find
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 16:12   #615
i-Set

May I ask should the new alleged iphone model be announced in June, how long until it is released in the UK? Also what would the expected monthly tariffs consist of and how much would they be looking at as a one off payment for the phone?

Also rumours surrounding the fact that vodafone may have got rights in selling iphone. Theyve already created a mobile iphone site...any input guys...?

http://portal.beta.vodafone.com/

http://portal.beta.vodafone.com/Help...final_v2.1.swf