Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 07-12-2012, 13:40   #1576
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
I have Virgin cable phone, TV M+, TiVo 500 Gig, Broadband L (20Mbit)
I pay by DD, paperless billing, line rental advance.
I have just received a letter from Virgin Media saying that my services will increase by £4.24 from February which wipes out the savings I made by paying line rental in advance.

What has gone up, the TV, BB, Line rental?
From what has been said i think its the line rental. Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong thou.

Thats one of reasons why i went to Sky as the discount i am getting at moment is cheaper that i was paying with VM and that was before the April pay increase let alone this new one as well
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2012, 13:43   #1577
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
From what has been said i think its the line rental. Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong thou.

Thats one of reasons why i went to Sky as the discount i am getting at moment is cheaper that i was paying with VM and that was before the April pay increase let alone this new one as well
Everything has gone up as far as i'm aware. Line rental has increased by £1.09, £1 extra on the TiVo fee then as for the rest it's anybody's guess
geordiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 13:45   #1578
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
I have Virgin cable phone, TV M+, TiVo 500 Gig, Broadband L (20Mbit)
I pay by DD, paperless billing, line rental advance.
I have just received a letter from Virgin Media saying that my services will increase by £4.24 from February which wipes out the savings I made by paying line rental in advance.

What has gone up, the TV, BB, Line rental?
See my post 1573 have as you, and a v+ and tv XL do not pay Line rental in advance & my bill has risen by 50p per month more than yours.So your increase is £6( or £6.50 if bill is in fact 4 weekly) less than mine. For a lower TV package & no V+ . I hope you pay less than £45 at the moment Mine will be £49.95 from Feb 13
Old 07-12-2012, 13:45   #1579
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiechris View Post
Everything has gone up as far as i'm aware. Line rental has increased by £1.09, £1 extra on the TiVo fee then as for the rest it's anybody's guess
Thats for the correction, i knew there was something else as well but couldnt remember
Old 07-12-2012, 15:08   #1580
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

If you've paid your line rental in advance then that isn't going up, still £120 a year. If you pay monthly then it's going up from £13.90 to £14.99 and so accounts for £1.09 of your increase.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:43   #1581
royaltiger
Inactive

Services: 50mb Broadband Ambit VMNG300 modem, Tivo, V+TVDrive Extra Large and NTL phone, Virgin mobile
royaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
They don't say free - they say 'no extra cost'

www.virginmedia.com/changes

Up to 24 HD channels – we think you should be able to watch all your favourite programmes in glorious HD. That’s why we’ve sorted it so that you can enjoy up to 24 HD channels at no extra cost.
So at no extra cost why can I not have 24 HD channels in the M+ package, Because it is an extra cost, Doesn't matter how you dress it up, HD is advertised as standard and it quite blatantly isn't.
royaltiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:32   #1582
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Finally got my price increase, £4.09. Noticed the letter isn't actually dated, it just states December 2012. When does my 30 cancellation period start and end? I'll call Virgin later to find out.

Would any of our SKY members be prepared to get involved with the introduce a friend scheme? I'd set up a separate thread for Virgin customers here who plan to go to SKY due to the price increase. Seems to be plenty of vouchers on offer for everyone involved:

http://www.sky.com/shop/bundles-offe...roduceafriend/

Are there any other offers SKY have to introduce friends to their service?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:55   #1583
andy_m
cf.mega poster

andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Go through quidco Chad, you'll make over £100 in cash back - approximately your yearly box nation sub.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:57   #1584
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Finally got my price increase, £4.09. Noticed the letter isn't actually dated, it just states December 2012. When does my 30 cancellation period start and end? I'll call Virgin later to find out.

Would any of our SKY members be prepared to get involved with the introduce a friend scheme? I'd set up a separate thread for Virgin customers here who plan to go to SKY due to the price increase. Seems to be plenty of vouchers on offer for everyone involved:

http://www.sky.com/shop/bundles-offe...roduceafriend/

Are there any other offers SKY have to introduce friends to their service?
Chad ill do the introduce a friend thing if you want. Ill be happy with that. No deals on the site at mo as far as i know but ill check for you know
Old 08-12-2012, 12:57   #1585
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Current quidco cash back rates for Sky:

£100 for Sky+ Subscriptions

£120 for Sky+HD Subscription with HD Channel pack

£20 for Sky Sports Pack as part of a Sky+ or Sky+HD TV bundle (bonused after 6 months)

£20 for Sky Movies Pack as part of a Sky+ or Sky+HD TV bundle (bonused after 6 months)

£45 for Standalone Broadband Unlimited/Fibre Unlimited without TV + Talk Weekend

£170 for Sky+ with **Sky Sports Pack + Sky Movies Pack + Broadband Unlimited/Fibre Unlimited + Talk Anytime

£190 for Sky+HD, Broadband Unlimited/Fibre Unlimited, Talk Anytime with **Sky Sports Pack + Sky Movies Pack

£5 for Broadband Lite as part of a TV bundle

£15 for Broadband Unlimited/Fibre Unlimited as part of a TV bundle

£15 for Talk Anytime

£5 for Talk Weekends
Old 08-12-2012, 12:59   #1586
nstokes
Inactive

Ive PM'ed you chad
Old 08-12-2012, 12:59   #1587
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quidco offer good cash back Chad

http://www.quidco.com/sky-digital-tv-and-broadband/

Hadn't noticed Andy beat me to it

It's also worth ringing sometimes , state you are with VM you may get extras like a free 2TB box etc.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 13:01   #1588
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Go through quidco Chad, you'll make over £100 in cash back - approximately your yearly box nation sub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Never thought of that for him. I always forget about them. Chad take a look as some good offers with Quidco as Andy and MM have said
Old 08-12-2012, 13:12   #1589
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Cheers guys, it's all good information to know. For me and my package it's definitely now cheaper to look elsewhere, especially if I'm going to get cash back or vouchers.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 13:13   #1590
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Cheers guys, it's all good information to know. For me and my package it's definitely now cheaper to look elsewhere, especially if I'm going to get cash back or vouchers.
Good luck. Let us know what package you get and how you get on. If you join Sky that is

The Lighter sider will welcome you