Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Major TiVo Update

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Major TiVo Update

Old 29-06-2016, 21:10   #151
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all
Re: Major TiVo update started about 3:20am.

Dear VM.

I have every single Rick and Morty on both my TiVo boxes. It's a brilliant programme, you really should watch it if you haven't.

These are set to 'Keep until I delete'. That is a perfectly simple and clear phrase that is very easy to understand to anyone who reads it.

So why have I now had to recover six of them from the deleted folder on the downstairs TiVo when I haven't deleted them? This kind of thing is really really annoying.

Answers on a postcard please.

Thank you
Neilo
neilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-06-2016, 22:08   #152
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty2K16 View Post
Well so far after this mornings update the Tivo has actually speeded up, it's like a band new box :-)
Just wander how long before a new update to break it again lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post
It will just because as part of the update it reboots the box.
Give it a week without rebooting and you will be back to your trusty clunky box again.
That's what happened with me last time.

Does anybody know when we are suposed to be getting the new software that stops the box from slowing down?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 22:23   #153
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo View Post
Dear VM.

I have every single Rick and Morty on both my TiVo boxes. It's a brilliant programme, you really should watch it if you haven't.

These are set to 'Keep until I delete'. That is a perfectly simple and clear phrase that is very easy to understand to anyone who reads it.

So why have I now had to recover six of them from the deleted folder on the downstairs TiVo when I haven't deleted them? This kind of thing is really really annoying.

Thank you
Neilo
The answer would have been in Recording Hiccups rather than on a postcard. Have a look, but it may have gone now you've undeleted them.

What is certain is that the software didn't delete them because it needed the space. If it had, you wouldn't have been able to recover them.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 22:29   #154
dwarfofpoison
cf.addict

dwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Dear VM.

Thank you
Neilo
My understanding is that if your TiVo deletes something for disk space, then it's permanently erased and won't appear in the recently deleted folder. If it appears in this folder, my guess is that someone in your household performed this action or you've uncovered yet another bug.
dwarfofpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2016, 02:34   #155
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Im asking this on behalf of someone else, I don't have a clue what it means!

Will this new software enable the Hbbtv 2.0.1 specs?

If not, it's been said that TiVo will no longer work with the BBC services, as the BBC is moving to the spec later this year/early next year, it was announced yesterday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/sta...b-tv-standards[/QUOTE]
Old 30-06-2016, 09:00   #156
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Im asking this on behalf of someone else, I don't have a clue what it means!

Will this new software enable the Hbbtv 2.0.1 specs?

If not, it's been said that TiVo will no longer work with the BBC services, as the BBC is moving to the spec later this year/early next year, it was announced yesterday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/sta...b-tv-standards
That is referring to terrestrial TV (Freeview). It's irrelevant for cable.

(Why not invite your friends to join the forum rather than asking on their behalf?)

Last edited by spiderplant; 30-06-2016 at 09:04.
Old 30-06-2016, 10:41   #157
veeemmm

Quote:
Dear VM.

Thank you
Neilo
Do you have "Keep at most" set to "All episodes"?

Most bugs I have encountered, permanent delete recordings but this is usually recording radio where Tivo sometimes MASSIVELY overestimates the space required resulting in deleted recordings and 100% disk full until the recording ends where disk full drops back down properly. Also recording the last program of the night sometimes means it continues recording all night because the "off air" time is missing from the EPG, so there is no "stop" time. There are other bugs where you just get large chunks of recordings deleted but again they are not recoverable.
Old 30-06-2016, 21:36   #158
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
That is referring to terrestrial TV (Freeview). It's irrelevant for cable.

(Why not invite your friends to join the forum rather than asking on their behalf?)
Cheers, I'll pass the info on

A fair few people have been put off from joining and/or posting on here due to various incidents, but I'm thick skinned
Old 01-07-2016, 11:22   #159
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Got another update in the teesside region the 2nd in 3 weeks or so
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 17:53   #160
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Got another update in the teesside region the 2nd in 3 weeks or so
I wonder if you'll get a third one like I did, or if they will have checked for bugs in the second release and have put you straight onto the latest one that we have??
Old 01-07-2016, 18:52   #161
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I wonder if you'll get a third one like I did, or if they will have checked for bugs in the second release and have put you straight onto the latest one that we have??
All the pilot regions are now on the same software. Gavin has only had two updates because his region was added to the pilot after yours.
Old 01-07-2016, 19:53   #162
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Ahhh right.

Are you able to give any indication of the new features to come once everyone is on the same software?
Old 01-07-2016, 20:04   #163
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

If you've got the new software, you've got the new features.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 20:07   #164
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well nothing has arrived down this way yet.
Old 02-07-2016, 00:07   #165
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
If you've got the new software, you've got the new features.
I thought i'd read that more features would be added once everyone was on the new software, I could have misunderstood though.