Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Pay frozen for third year running

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Pay frozen for third year running

Old 07-03-2012, 11:47   #226
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Pay frozen for third year running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
.... and what happens when they're not making any or enough profits to meet their ongoing pension obligations?
As you say ,sanctions will be imposed ,maybe forced take overs of small companies by larger more profitable companies untill eventually the whole world is run by one humongous company called ......the World Government
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2012, 11:50   #227
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
I have an idea which will require no law changes at all. How about the Likes of Alan Fry who so clearly dislike wealth/profits and empathise so much for the poor, stop taking advantage of any tax avoiding measures/reliefs and start donating all their excess income to the sort of causes they bang on about. Being the very senior manager he is (in charge of 1000s of by all accounts), our Mr Fry must be doing very nicely thank you and must therefore feel genuinely upset about how well off he is compared to so many here and around the globe. I therefore suggest he (and any like him who support his views) donates anything he's ever inadvertently* avoided by way of tax and any income over the UK average wage (unless he feels really charitable and wants to give more) to charity. No need to wait for a world government to be formed or even wheels within wheels to turn and new tax rules be drafted. This way he'll be setting the rest of us a wonderful example and be able to carry on his moral and political crusade free of any moral burden that he's part of the problem he spends so much of his life whingeing about. He could even post the details of what he's done here so that he might encourage others to do likewise.....

* I'm certain Mr Fry would never have deliberately avoided tax as that would seem more than a tad hypocritical.
I do not have much excess income and I do not deliberately avoid or take advantage tax avoiding schemes. Also the UK average wage is too low for anyone to live on, pay the mortgage etc and for goodness sake I am not part of the problem since I am not a member of the 1%.

I am not keen on giving money to charities because they are wasteful and they do not help develop nations, no nation has become a major power was developed with the help of charity.

Even If I donate all the money I have, it will not make much of a difference, if all the rich did though is that would make a difference.

What you do not get is that most of the world’s wealth is in the hands of the wealthy (which I am not a member of). So what we need is a world government and radical reforms to democracy and capitalism
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:52   #228
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
As you say ,sanctions will be imposed ,maybe forced take overs of small companies by larger more profitable companies untill eventually the whole world is run by one humongous company called ......the World Government
.... and nodbody will be able to choose something else, argue with it or differ from it. What a Utopia that sounds......
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:56   #229
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
there will be fewer companies (all holding monopolies) that will either be state owned or are co-operatives

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

Quote:
.... and nodbody will be able to choose something else, argue with it or differ from it. What a Utopia that sounds......
At least you get decent jobs, pensions, benefits, heathcare and education, and thats just the start
Old 07-03-2012, 11:57   #230
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
I do not have much excess income and I do not deliberately avoid or take advantage tax avoiding schemes. Also the UK average wage is too low for anyone to live on, pay the mortgage etc and for goodness sake I am not part of the problem since I am not a member of the 1%.

I am not keen on giving money to charities because they are wasteful and they do not help develop nations, no nation has become a major power was developed with the help of charity.

Even If I donate all the money I have, it will not make much of a difference, if all the rich did though is that would make a difference.

What you do not get is that most of the world’s wealth is in the hands of the wealthy (which I am not a member of). So what we need is a world government and radical reforms to democracy and capitalism
I really don't know where to start with this post ,i'll let someone else tear it apart ,my head hurts now
Old 07-03-2012, 12:11   #231
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I really don't know where to start with this post ,i'll let someone else tear it apart ,my head hurts now
I do not know why defenders of a failed system fight so hard to defend their points

This is no doubt MADNESS!!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:42   #232
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
I do not know why defenders of a failed system fight so hard to defend their points

You have never spoken/typed a truer statement, Alan.....

But actually, I think you will find that

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:44   #233
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:

gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:49   #234
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You have never spoken/typed a truer statement, Alan.....

But actually, I think you will find that

What is madness is that a lot of people are defending a failed system
Old 07-03-2012, 12:56   #235
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Whereas what they're actually pointing out to you is that your 'system' is based on so many ifs, buts, maybes and false assumptions/premises that it's totally unrealistic.

As for your convenient excuse about charitable giving, if you did what I suggested it'd be far from a meaningless gesture to those you offered help to wouldn't it? For those people it could be the difference between eating and not eating, heating and not heating couldn't it? For someone who's apparently fairly well off you don't seem very keen to back up your rhetoric with action or pounds from your own pocket. Rather than help some people right now from your own pocket you'd rather help none and claim charitable giving is just a con. Odd that...
Old 07-03-2012, 12:58   #236
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Whereas what they're actually pointing out to you is that your 'system' is based on so many ifs, buts, maybes and false assumptions/premises that it's totally unrealistic.
It is certainly more realistic and better than the one we have got!
Old 07-03-2012, 13:19   #237
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
It is certainly more realistic and better than the one we have got!
Yeah right matey, you just keep telling yourself that and taking the tablets...
Old 07-03-2012, 13:45   #238
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Yeah right matey, you just keep telling yourself that and taking the tablets...
What drugs are you and your friends taking?

Really this campain to keep a failed system has reached an all time low

While we are doing this, the rich are never having it so good, our our expence!
Old 07-03-2012, 15:53   #239
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Yes, but those 1.6 million are struggling, along with millions more out of work, all because of the fault of wealthy and major business!!!

It is about time governments cared more about unions (and people) than business and that is the fault of Labour, Lib Dem and Tory!
They may be struggling, but they would be struggling a lot more if they didn't have those jobs. Also, I think you'll find I said that businesses do have a direct responsibility for this.

It's about time Governments cared more about the people. Unions, as the RMT have often proved, have their own agendas, in much the same way businesses do. Agendas which ultimately won't necessarily prove to be in the interest of anyone (even their members).
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 16:03   #240
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
They may be struggling, but they would be struggling a lot more if they didn't have those jobs. Also, I think you'll find I said that businesses do have a direct responsibility for this.

It's about time Governments cared more about the people. Unions, as the RMT have often proved, have their own agendas, in much the same way businesses do. Agendas which ultimately won't necessarily prove to be in the interest of anyone (even their members).
The Union's agendas involve their member which is a lot of working people, so the Unions are acting in their interest, unlike the government and business