Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Considering going for a Tivo box! Help to answer questions pls

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Considering going for a Tivo box! Help to answer questions pls

Old 15-02-2012, 14:14   #76
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter
Re: Considering going for a Tivo box! Help to answer questions pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
You really need to read my earlier posts. And then take into account all sorts of packages to do with phone calls, etc...

Like I said, it's far more complicated. Lets just say I played Sky and VM off against each other, and ended up saving £70 per month by moving the lot to VM. Sky didn't even attempt to come close.
Well the phone won't kmake a £70 difference as phoneline with VM is £14.90 and its £12.25 with Sky.

Talk unlimited is £8 with VM and its £5 with Sky, But extra call would not be included in VM's price. I'm only wondering what you had on Sky?

Sky world? HD? Multiroom? BB and phone?
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-02-2012, 14:22   #77
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I was told by Sky themselves that if I didn't take out their warranty, then it could cost me a call out, plus £200 for a new box.....so I told them that I would challenge that under the Sale of Goods Act, and wouldn't have to pay anywhere near £200.
Well you were told wrong.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 14:33   #78
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Would it even have been Sky that told Tim that? I thought some other company sold the cover and not Sky.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 14:36   #79
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to cable View Post
Well the phone won't kmake a £70 difference as phoneline with VM is £14.90 and its £12.25 with Sky.

Talk unlimited is £8 with VM and its £5 with Sky, But extra call would not be included in VM's price. I'm only wondering what you had on Sky?

Sky world? HD? Multiroom? BB and phone?
Like I said, it's far more complcated than that!!
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 14:39   #80
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

A Sky service call includes all the work to get your service back up and running , I've been with Sky for around 8-9 years on and off in all that time I've had two service calls both of which I've had free , one was a faulty LNB which was swapped out the other was a faulty pace non PVR box which was also swapped. In an era of such competition I would never pay to insure my service , that said I can't fault VM service calls , always had friendly techs and at no extra cost.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 14:41   #81
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter

Quote:
Like I said, it's far more complcated than that!!
How is it complicated? Sky sell TV/BB/PHONE you pick what you want and pay. So all you do is say "I had tvxx phonexx bbxx" and I paid £xx for it.

There is no need to get complicated, Just what you had and what you were paying- No need for the in's and out's of deals. Just the services you had and the billed monthly amount.

Or....................Next time you get creative..keep it factual eh
Old 15-02-2012, 14:43   #82
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
THat wouldn't surprise me at all, as they were trying to scare me into paying an extra £8 per month.

Out of interest, do you know how much a new Sky+HD box costs to buy?

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

Quote:
How is it complicated? Sky sell TV/BB/PHONE you pick what you want and pay. So all you do is say "I had tvxx phonexx bbxx" and I paid £xx for it.

There is no need to get complicated, Just what you had and what you were paying- No need for the in's and out's of deals. Just the services you had and the billed monthly amount.

Or....................Next time you get creative..keep it factual eh
To start with Sky don't even do 100mb, and they won't do three phone lines, and they don't do various extras that I need for my business. Just leave it at that, because I did a lot of research. With sky I wouldn't have got the package I needed, and the closest would have cost me more.
Old 15-02-2012, 14:46   #83
New to cable
Permanently Banned

Quote:
THat wouldn't surprise me at all, as they were trying to scare me into paying an extra £8 per month.

Out of interest, do you know how much a new Sky+HD box costs to buy?

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

To start with Sky don't even do 100mb, and they won't do three phone lines, and they don't do various extras that I need for my business.
Yeah thats fine, but you said your package on VM is £70 less than your package was on Sky. I'm just asking when you had Sky WHAT SERVICES DID YOU HAVE LOL...then...HOW MUCH WAS IT PER MONTH.
Old 15-02-2012, 14:52   #84
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yeah thats fine, but you said your package on VM is £70 less than your package was on Sky. I'm just asking when you had Sky WHAT SERVICES DID YOU HAVE LOL...then...HOW MUCH WAS IT PER MONTH.
No I didn't. I said I saved £70 per month when I change the whole lot to VM.

READ MY EARLIER POSTS!!!
Old 15-02-2012, 15:02   #85
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Ok you two enough!!

Back on topic please!!
Old 15-02-2012, 18:27   #86
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Ok you two enough!!

Back on topic please!!
Well said and it makes sense that established members will not post now as this has now become a SKY thread
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 08:58   #87
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Virgin have a plan to grow to 80 hd channels
Just seen a Gloucester old spot flying past the window
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 09:34   #88
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Just seen a Gloucester old spot flying past the window
Can you see if there is a pilot on board Itshim.
Old 16-02-2012, 10:09   #89
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Well said and it makes sense that established members will not post now as this has now become a SKY thread
What???
Old 16-02-2012, 10:22   #90
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
What???
It's just Devils' sence of humour, Tim
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote