Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 10-12-2016, 18:11   #2236
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
I just broke my v6 virginity and installed my first v6 today, strange thing was the customer had a SH1 and only 70meg!
Well done, I'm getting mine installed Wednesday but the shows you can download is pants
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2016, 18:24   #2237
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Basically any sky channels from living to one to two and more, can't have downloads sent to our box that is a hell of a restriction compared to sky q

Also no shows from 4 music or 4 seven or CBS or channel 4 Or E4 or MTV Channels and limited UK TV, the rest need to be TV anywhere but only wifi

There is very little material I can send to my box wow

No surprise that Sky are withholding them. Maybe MM can fill us in on a comparison with Sky Q (availability of non Sky channels)? Not a feature I'd use, but other people could want it

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
I just broke my v6 virginity and installed my first v6 today, strange thing was the customer had a SH1 and only 70meg!

And presumably it still worked?
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 18:37   #2238
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
No surprise that Sky are withholding them. Maybe MM can fill us in on a comparison with Sky Q (availability of non Sky channels)? Not a feature I'd use, but other people could want it

The other problem is we can stream some channels but TV anywhere is reliant still on wifi unlike sky
Old 10-12-2016, 19:03   #2239
albertsteptoe
Inactive

Services: Full House XL,Gamer 200MB Sky Q Silver.
albertsteptoe is on a distinguished roadalbertsteptoe is on a distinguished road

Evening all.
Sorry if this has been asked i have a 500GB Samsung Tivo at moment, i,m interested in the V6 but would like to know if i use V6 as main box for recording shows will those shows show up on Samsung Tivo so i can still archive them.
albertsteptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 19:16   #2240
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertsteptoe View Post
Evening all.
Sorry if this has been asked i have a 500GB Samsung Tivo at moment, i,m interested in the V6 but would like to know if i use V6 as main box for recording shows will those shows show up on Samsung Tivo so i can still archive them.

I suspect it can, but don't know for sure. I think with Tivo, it records from the scart socket, what is playing on Tivo. There may be some copy protection that knows that you are streaming from another box; I really don't know.

Spiderplant would be the authority on this.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 19:22   #2241
albertsteptoe
Inactive

albertsteptoe is on a distinguished roadalbertsteptoe is on a distinguished road

Thanks for reply if there is copy protection I won't bother with the V6.
Old 10-12-2016, 19:34   #2242
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Evening all.
Yes but you will need a power line adapter one end in Super hub and one end in TiVo. That's the way to do it

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

Quote:
Thanks for reply if there is copy protection I won't bother with the V6.
Well the copy protection issue to the tablet is a real problem and that will limit customers way to watch there content on the move
Old 10-12-2016, 19:34   #2243
albertsteptoe
Inactive

Sorry what is that.
Old 10-12-2016, 19:36   #2244
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
I suspect it can, but don't know for sure. I think with Tivo, it records from the scart socket, what is playing on Tivo. There may be some copy protection that knows that you are streaming from another box; I really don't know.

Spiderplant would be the authority on this.
As far as I know TiVo to TiVo you should be able to still archive. But you can't achieve direct on a v6 like sky q due to no scart

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

Quote:
Sorry what is that.
What is what soz
Old 10-12-2016, 19:39   #2245
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
There is no SCART copy protection on recordings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Yes but you will need a power line adapter one end in Super hub and one end in TiVo. That's the way to do it
No you don't. A direct Ethernet cable from hub to Tivo would be fine.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 19:45   #2246
albertsteptoe
Inactive

Is this what you mean by power line adapter, IDevolo 500 Wi-Fi Single Powerline Socket i have sky q silver can't archive on that either, that's why I cane back to virgin to get the Tivo.
Old 10-12-2016, 19:47   #2247
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post

Would it right thanks for correcting me

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

Quote:
Is this what you mean by power line adapter, IDevolo 500 Wi-Fi Single Powerline Socket i have sky q silver can't archive on that either, that's why I cane back to virgin to get the Tivo.
Apart from if you added the sky q mini you can archieve that way
Old 10-12-2016, 19:52   #2248
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:

Worked fine, but in training i was told v6 wont be installed unless customer has a sh2 as a minimum on 100meg
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 19:54   #2249
albertsteptoe
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post

spiderplant, sorry to be a pain one more question please, do you mean a Ethernet cable from my old Tivo or to V6.
Old 10-12-2016, 20:13   #2250
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Its just a shame we can download to tablet but with restrictions there are not many channels allowed to download from