Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | internet going off Paisley, Renfrewshire area

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

internet going off Paisley, Renfrewshire area

Old 07-08-2012, 22:28   #16
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star
Re: internet going off Paisley, Renfrewshire area

SG1 area seems down. My friend in Luton reporting slow, but working
Old 07-08-2012, 22:33   #17
ferretuk
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Unlimited FTTC
ferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
SG1 area seems down. My friend in Luton reporting slow, but working
SG5 OK - Also fed from Luton
ferretuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 23:18   #18
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

back up now
Old 08-08-2012, 01:23   #19
thedavid2007
Inactive

thedavid2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
back up now
Yes, it comes back up and then down again. This is the worst I've ever experienced. I am going to phone them tomorrow and claim a refund or cancel it altogether, can't download a damn thing.
thedavid2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:11   #20
idi banashapan
step on my trip

True. Still seems flakey even now. Of course, the service status page reports everything is fine! When I say 'flakey', I mean down with the shub lights flashing green at me the whole time. Sod the double speed, I'd like my normal speed to work. The last 6 months of service has had more issues with loss of service or terrible speeds than the previous 14 years I've been with ntl / vm. Wtf is going on??? I could understand losing service for it to come back up after an hour at double speed, but I'm not getting the increase until next year apparently, however I am getting lots of outages and crap quality. And regardless of the 'up to' bs, when I'm paying for 50mb and of recent have seen speeds under 2mb, that's not on, not when it's becoming regular.
Old 08-08-2012, 22:26   #21
thedavid2007
Inactive

Quote:
True. Still seems flakey even now. Of course, the service status page reports everything is fine! When I say 'flakey', I mean down with the shub lights flashing green at me the whole time. Sod the double speed, I'd like my normal speed to work. The last 6 months of service has had more issues with loss of service or terrible speeds than the previous 14 years I've been with ntl / vm. Wtf is going on??? I could understand losing service for it to come back up after an hour at double speed, but I'm not getting the increase until next year apparently, however I am getting lots of outages and crap quality. And regardless of the 'up to' bs, when I'm paying for 50mb and of recent have seen speeds under 2mb, that's not on, not when it's becoming regular.
It's frustrating to say the least. Can someone from VM tell us what is going on?
Old 09-08-2012, 19:13   #22
thedavid2007
Inactive

On the verge of doing a Basil Fawlty with a tree branch on my modem, instead I called tech support when it went off again. The tech ran some tests on my modem and got it running again. She said there were some works going on in my area but my modem should work okay now.
Old 09-08-2012, 20:19   #23
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

i dont believe a word she said because she cant do anything at all
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:55   #24
thedavid2007
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
i dont believe a word she said because she cant do anything at all
Well, you may be right. It worked great for a while but now it's starting to drop the connection again.
Old 27-09-2012, 14:59   #25
thedavid2007
Inactive

Going off and on again in Paisley, Renfrewshire area, argggh!!!
Old 29-09-2012, 07:45   #26
hval
Inactive

hval is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in to day two of no Internet connection (Glasgow, West End), intermittent email and intermittent TV.

VM even admitted that there were problems on the web site. Later on they said all was okay on the web site but on the telephone that there were still problems. I requested VM to change the web site back to the true situation. VM eventually did.

It is hoped that broadband will be working by 17:00hrs tonight (Saturday).

I suspect it is that new Superhub they sent out to me. It has broken Virgin Media. :-)
hval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 21:42   #27
hval
Inactive

hval is an unknown quantity at this point

Evening all,

VM effected repairs a few hours prior to their own deadline. Well done.

My internet speed is nearly the 10M I pay for (my new SH in modem mode). A pleasant surprise.
hval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 19:44   #28
thedavid2007
Inactive

Going off in Paisley Renfrewshire area again, Friday evening 19/10/12.