Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Old 18-03-2012, 20:49   #1441
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

60s unmanaged atm
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-03-2012, 21:34   #1442
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Lies.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 21:41   #1443
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

shouldnt they have to legally publish/alter management info if thats the case.

VM are a bunch of cowboys. whoevers in charge of broadband should be sacked along with any other fool aiding this pathetic crap
Old 18-03-2012, 21:43   #1444
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
60s unmanaged atm
how sure are you about that?
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 21:44   #1445
thenry
Inactive

not a lot now
Old 18-03-2012, 21:46   #1446
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
not a lot now
ok. so im guessing people on 60 get the same management as 20Mb and 30Mb, or whichever package they were on previously till they sort out everything?
Old 18-03-2012, 21:49   #1447
thenry
Inactive

legally who knows, Im sure the cowboys will find someway of covering themselves rushing the construction of Rome in a day
Old 18-03-2012, 21:54   #1448
Zee
Inactive

this is so confusing, and i bet even the team at virgin media have no clue either.

If you have recently had your speed increased as part of our speed doubling program then your traffic management allowances will also have been increased. Full details of the new management policy will be published in April.

So im guessing we have to wait till then for any further information
Old 18-03-2012, 21:59   #1449
thenry
Inactive

ive never seen that message before. still is that within rules. can i blindfold VM and run riot with all my services until April letting them guess my usage?
Old 18-03-2012, 22:02   #1450
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
this is so confusing, and i bet even the team at virgin media have no clue either.

If you have recently had your speed increased as part of our speed doubling program then your traffic management allowances will also have been increased. Full details of the new management policy will be published in April.

So im guessing we have to wait till then for any further information
You phoned up to get it increased before your area was ready.

p.s why do you have Virgin and Infinity, surely 1 is enough?
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 22:06   #1451
Zee
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
You phoned up to get it increased before your area was ready.

p.s why do you have Virgin and Infinity, surely 1 is enough?
My VM contract is ending in July which is when i will be canceling it. I was having far too many issues with VM for too long without it being resolved, hence the reason why i signed up to Infinity.
Old 18-03-2012, 22:12   #1452
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
It was a joke Carl lighten up lol.
Yeah. Sorry. I did wonder. That said, some people would mean that seriously

WRT the STM and speed-doubling. I would assume that they will sort out the STM when they've sorted out the doubled-speeds. I don't know if it's technically possible to have a load of different STM limits; ie a different set for someone on 30mb now who would be on 60mb in, say, July and someone who has upgraded to 60mb now. If you see what I mean

So no, they are not, nor have they ever been "cowboys" Things would be fine if people could just wait for their upgrades and not complicate matters by wanting them sooner.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 22:43   #1453
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Things would be fine if people could just wait for their upgrades and not complicate matters by wanting them sooner.
lol, that is great, so now it's not VMs fault, it is the customers. I love it. If VM cant handle the simplest of things then 1) they shouldnt introduce caps on god knows how many tiers if they cant handle it 2) shouldnt offer early upgrades. There is a reason why they are doing this it is advertising speed and £££

I dare someone to ring up customer services and ask them what the limit is on 60mbit. I would bet good money they dont know.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 22:54   #1454
thenry
Inactive

Quote:
Yeah. Sorry. I did wonder. That said, some people would mean that seriously

WRT the STM and speed-doubling. I would assume that they will sort out the STM when they've sorted out the doubled-speeds. I don't know if it's technically possible to have a load of different STM limits; ie a different set for someone on 30mb now who would be on 60mb in, say, July and someone who has upgraded to 60mb now. If you see what I mean

So no, they are not, nor have they ever been "cowboys" Things would be fine if people could just wait for their upgrades and not complicate matters by wanting them sooner.
huh? get a grip! this is a multimillion pound business claiming 'glad tidings' in the broadband world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Quote:
Things would be fine if people could just wait for their upgrades and not complicate matters by wanting them sooner.
lol, that is great, so now it's not VMs fault, it is the customers. I love it. If VM cant handle the simplest of things then 1) they shouldnt introduce caps on god knows how many tiers if they cant handle it 2) shouldnt offer early upgrades. There is a reason why they are doing this it is advertising speed and £££

I dare someone to ring up customer services and ask them what the limit is on 60mbit. I would bet good money they dont know.
exactly. they can do a lot but fail papering over the cracks in half arsed ventures. cowboys.
Old 18-03-2012, 22:55   #1455
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
1) they shouldnt introduce caps
2) shouldnt offer early upgrades.
1. They don't cap. (If they did downloading would not be possible when you reached the cap.)
2. I agree.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote