Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Old 10-03-2012, 17:19   #1351
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie
Re: Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

This area is due October 2012 - July 2013, only over a year to wait lol.
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2012, 18:09   #1352
cookster
Inactive

cookster is on a distinguished roadcookster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrankie View Post
This area is due October 2012 - July 2013, only over a year to wait lol.
Me too Contract finishes in August so I might help them along!
cookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:58   #1353
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age
Has Oldham speed doubled?

I went into My Virgin Media this morning and there was a new green panel at the top, it has a circle with a tick inside it followed by the words:

"You're up and running on one of our new double speed packages.

Want to make the most out of your superfast broadband?

Find out more"

I was already on 100Mb and I still only have 4 Downstream Channels and 1 up so nothing here has changed so I was wondering if anyone in Oldham has seen their speed doubled this weekend.
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:32   #1354
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Has Oldham speed doubled?

Could be, mine currently says the following after the tick
Quote:
We've started boosting our customers' broadband speeds around the country. Got any questions about when your area's getting upgraded or how it will affect your broadband?
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:32   #1355
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Re: Has Oldham speed doubled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcoach View Post
I went into My Virgin Media this morning and there was a new green panel at the top, it has a circle with a tick inside it followed by the words:

"You're up and running on one of our new double speed packages.

Want to make the most out of your superfast broadband?

Find out more"

I was already on 100Mb and I still only have 4 Downstream Channels and 1 up so nothing here has changed so I was wondering if anyone in Oldham has seen their speed doubled this weekend.
obally all the lower tiers tha tbeen uplift 100mb wont get uplift until the sumemr to 120mb and the current 50mb one will get upgrade as well
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:34   #1356
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Threads merged, please keep all speed doubling queries in this thread unless you are reporting an upgraded area then use the following thread

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...ble-speed.html
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 10:23   #1357
gulf4uk
Annette stevenson

Services: Broadband 200mg digital tv .XL Tv package : Phone . win 10 win XP (Favourite)
gulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about them

Had a word with Virgin media this morning on my upgrade (OCT-JULY) About a call supposed to be from Virgin giving me upgrade of april2012 well seems i was right this was very likely a hoax as not noted on account so beware of all calls all offers and giving details VERIFY who they are if you can offers of free upgrades may not be all they seem .

Tony

GU14 farnborough
gulf4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 10:51   #1358
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I don't understand why anyone would do a hoax call where there is no benefit from them i.e.

Caller: Would you like a new bundle
You: Yes:
Caller: Ok that is done

Without getting any card or bank details etc, then it's a pointless exercise for them
Old 13-03-2012, 11:13   #1359
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

It's one way of surreptitiously confirming if a name, address, and phone number is valid. That is already enough of a benefit for ID thieves.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 11:17   #1360
gulf4uk
Annette stevenson

Services: Broadband 200mg digital tv .XL Tv package : Phone . win 10 win XP (Favourite)
gulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about them

THE Moral here is never let them get to the convincing bit then giving your Details to them
ive had the *Your computer has a fault we can see now but we can can fixit" scam It was Not even switched on at the time .

Tony
Old 13-03-2012, 11:27   #1361
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulf4uk View Post
THE Moral here is never let them get to the convincing bit then giving your Details to them
ive had the *Your computer has a fault we can see now but we can can fixit" scam It was Not even switched on at the time .

Tony
But then if it's a call from VM, the only thing they would need to ask is for a couple of characters from your password. Asking you to confirm any other information including your name (apart from 'Can I speak to Mr....') then it should ring alarm bells
Old 13-03-2012, 12:14   #1362
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Logged onto My Virgin Media this morning and as others have posted, saw the green box on the broadband upgrade. Was surprised to see I could proceed to actually order the upgrade considering my area is not due to be upgraded until October this year at the earliest.

Decided to proceed with the order submission to see what happens!

Currently on 20MB with SH/DOCSIS3installed; due an upgrade to 60MB. Order stated 60MB so can only be fulfilled as part of the speed doubling exercise as doesn’t exist today. Suspect this may be a very long order lead-time for me!
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 12:36   #1363
gulf4uk
Annette stevenson

on the website i have an idea those Dates mean very little as seems there is people being offered upgrades to services . THE Green box on My account more or less says same but can get upgrade now to 30MEG 20Meg not Avail which makes me think this is clever marketing Exercise people don't want to wait so offer something.
Old 13-03-2012, 12:42   #1364
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

My 20MB is part of an old retentions package so will now join the mainstream packages with this upgrade.

Suspect they may be letting upgrades proceed where this is not a problem i.e. I already have SH in place, in a 100MB capable area so download can be increased now while upload will be later, which is fine with me.
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 20:24   #1365
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

My area had upgraded from 30 Meg to 60 Meg now ?

Downstream Channels
Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Max Raw Bit Rate Frequency Power SNR Docsis/EuroDocsis locked
Locked QAM256 203 55616000 Kbits/sec 323000000 Hz 5.4 dBmV 41.5 dB Hybrid
Locked QAM256 199 55616000 Kbits/sec 291000000 Hz 5.3 dBmV 41.1 dB Hybrid
Locked QAM256 200 55616000 Kbits/sec 299000000 Hz 5.5 dBmV 41.4 dB Hybrid
Locked QAM256 201 55616000 Kbits/sec 307000000 Hz 5.3 dBmV 41.2 dB Hybrid
Locked QAM256 202 55616000 Kbits/sec 315000000 Hz 6.3 dBmV 41.6 dB Hybrid
Unlocked Unknown 0 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB Unknown

Upstream Channels
Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Max Raw Bit Rate Frequency Power
Locked ATDMA 34 20480 Kbits/sec 35800000 Hz 39.5 dBmV
Unlocked Unknown 0 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV