Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Old 15-01-2013, 18:31   #2251
Mr Banana

Re: Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
What I think muppet was trying to say is that rotten banana can claim that customers of other isp's are unhappy too but the actual facts by ofcom from asking customers show that Virgin are pretty much at the bottom when it comes to dissatisfaction from customers. Sky customers being the most satisfied is another statistic that can be seen.

The point is these are industry facts, compared to someone arguing an opinion we know to be wrong. No need to argue, just admit defeat.
Your name calling is becoming as boring as your posts Mr Bully.
Check my posts and all along I have made reference to the fact that all companies have issues. Yes this ofcom report shows VM in a bad light, however it doesn't mean that everyone does not like VM as the majority of posters on here will testify. The report was based on a sample of 3000 cutomers.

I would also draw yout attention to the fact than when you look at the bigger picture VM have been improving steadily, whilst Sky have gone backwards ever so slightly from a satisfaction perpective but improved on disatisfaction at a greater rate than VM

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5...n-results.html
Advertisement
Old 15-01-2013, 19:16   #2252
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Even with the facts there you will argue. Pathetic, enough said
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 20:27   #2253
Mr Banana

Quote:
Where am I arguing Mr Bully?

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Quote:
What I think muppet was trying to say is that rotten banana can claim that customers of other isp's are unhappy too but the actual facts by ofcom from asking customers show that Virgin are pretty much at the bottom when it comes to dissatisfaction from customers. Sky customers being the most satisfied is another statistic that can be seen.

The point is these are industry facts, compared to someone arguing an opinion we know to be wrong. No need to argue, just admit defeat.
BTY in my opinion Mr Muppet is an example of a customer who voted with his feet and changed supplier as his previous one did not meet his needs. The great thing about him is that he is still able to give a balanced view between what he had and what he has. He has therefore gained a lot of respect from a number of posters with his well thought out and considered views. Unlike some.
Old 15-01-2013, 20:35   #2254
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
However, if you read the report before relying on the headline figures you'll see that not everything is rosy in the sky utopia in which you live.

Broadband billing issues not resolved Sky 13% versus VM 8%
Broadband faults & repairs not resolved Sky 19% versus VM 16%
Broadband overall satisfaction Sky 69% versus VM 72%
Satisfaction of customers making complaints Sky 37% versus VM 49%

I could go on, but hopefully even you'll get my point.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 20:48   #2255
Mr Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
However, if you read the report before relying on the headline figures you'll see that not everything is rosy in the sky eutopia in which you live.

Broadband billing issues not resolved Sky 13% versus VM 8%
Broadband faults & repairs not resolved Sky 19% versus VM 16%
Broadband overall satisfaction Sky 69% versus VM 72%
Satisfaction of customers making complaints Sky 37% versus VM 49%

Cheers

Grim
Don't be silly that cannot be true :-) - in some peoples world
Old 15-01-2013, 20:49   #2256
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Yet again, I was posting about vm, on a topic about vm and their double speeds. Whats with all the crazies and Sky? I never mentioned Sky. If you look at the post that started this I didn't even say anything bad about virgin. Yet used as an excuse again to attack Sky by one of the usual suspects with a VM connection.

One or two of you are so intent on beating up sky or defending virgin that you have made the assumption that I am a Sky fanboy. I don't roll with obsessive love for an isp like some here, so get over it and stop trying to use it as an excuse to attack a company simply to defend the one you love.

Grim, I have only been countering the comments of another poster who has successfully taken this thread off topic to the point posters as you and I are posting stats that have nothing to do with the topic. One can ask why the mods have allowed all these off topic posts.....I have my suspicions

Back to the original point...take a minutes silence for those virgin media customers still waiting for their double speed upgrades.
Old 15-01-2013, 20:55   #2257
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
Don't be silly that cannot be true :-) - in some peoples world
Well in the world of OFCOM it is

Cheers

Grim

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

Quote:
Back to the original point...take a minutes silence for those virgin media customers still waiting for their double speed upgrades.......
You didn't finish the sentence so I'll do it for you ...... in the timescale VM said the upgrade would take.

Cheers

Grim
Old 15-01-2013, 21:01   #2258
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:

No point in quoting non-broadband stats when we are talking about broadband in a broadband speed related thread :

You guys really stretch to prove a point that doesnt need making. I don't actually care who has better stats in another area, im just responding to posts. Remember, I posted about Virgins double speed...the rest if stuff you brought up.

---------- Post added at 21:01 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

Quote:
[/COLOR] You didn't finish the sentence so I'll do it for you ...... in the timescale VM said the upgrade would take.
Already said, already agreed with. You are just arguing for the sake of it now

Wouldn't want anyone thinking that Virgin media announce something spectacular only to find a year later many customers still don't have it, let alone some with have to wait another 6 months.

Not the first time it has happened too. Same happened with upgrades speeds too.

See, I can repeat the same stuff too!
Old 15-01-2013, 21:11   #2259
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I never mentioned Sky.
Just a quick skim through your posts in this thread today - i stopped counting at 10 mentions of sky.

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

Quote:
No point in quoting non-broadband stats when we are talking about broadband in a broadband speed related thread
They are broadband stats - read my post and the report they come from.

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

Quote:
Wouldn't want anyone thinking that Virgin media announce something spectacular only to find a year later many customers still don't have it, let alone some with have to wait another 6 months.

Sounds just like BT FTTC (as used by Sky???) at my mothers, pushed back numerous times and still not available. Correct me if I'm wrong but BT have been taken to task over the changing dates practice.

Cheers

Grim
Old 15-01-2013, 21:16   #2260
Mr Banana

Quote:
Just a quick skim through your posts in this thread today - i stopped counting at 10 mentions of sky.

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

They are broadband stats - read my post and the report they come from.

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

Sounds just like BT FTTC (as used by Sky???) at my mothers, pushed back numerous times and still not available. Correct me if I'm wrong but BT have been taken to task over the changing dates practice.

Cheers

Grim
Don't be daft - its only VM who are crap - in some peoples world
Old 15-01-2013, 21:17   #2261
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
As said before, only in reply to Banana's anti-sky comments.

Your reply has told me all I need to know about you, another one of the ones who attack other companies to protect the reputation of your beloved virgin media
Old 15-01-2013, 21:20   #2262
Mr Banana

Quote:
As said before, only in reply to Banana's anti-sky comments.

Your reply has told me all I need to know about you, another one of the ones who attack other companies to protect the reputation of your beloved virgin media
Oh dear Netflix like VM - how dare they
http://ukirelandblog.netflix.com/201....html?spref=tw
Old 15-01-2013, 21:21   #2263
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
Don't be daft - its only VM who are crap - in some peoples world
Oh you have a friend to back you up, yippee! Two biased opinions don't make something fact.

I know all companies have problems, I have never claimed otherwise. I am questioning your insistence on attacking these companies for no reason whatsoever apart from the reason of you worrying about your VM shares going down in price.

I am also questioning why the mods have allowed you to do this same thing with pretty much all your posts on this forum as well as allowing this thread to go off topic for so long.
Old 15-01-2013, 21:21   #2264
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
No point in quoting non-broadband stats when we are talking about broadband in a broadband speed related thread :

You guys really stretch to prove a point that doesnt need making. I don't actually care who has better stats in another area, im just responding to posts. Remember, I posted about Virgins double speed...the rest if stuff you brought up.

---------- Post added at 21:01 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

Already said, already agreed with. You are just arguing for the sake of it now

Not really sure of your point - so VM announced they would be rolling out double speeds over an 18 month period (Feb 12 to July 13), and because they are still in the process of the roll-out in the originally stated time period, you feel the need to point this out (by saying "many customers still don't have it, let alone some with have to wait another 6 months.") as if it is a problem?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 21:23   #2265
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
Oh dear Netflix like VM - how dare they
http://ukirelandblog.netflix.com/201....html?spref=tw
See...what has that go to do with this thread whatsoever? You are just here to big up virgin and slag off sky. \none of it is related to the topic, like my original post which you jumped on.

Seriously, off topic mods?