Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 18 month contract not mentioned

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

mobile stopped accepting incoming calls today

Old 08-07-2009, 14:34   #1
easyt
Inactive

Services: 60mb BB L Tv XL landline 3x virgin mobiles 18
easyt is an unknown quantity at this point
mobile stopped accepting incoming calls today

hi all as title my g600 has today stopped recieving incoming calls when you ring it you get an engaged tone
my partner has called it from her works landline and her virgin mobile also a g600 and on the same account
there is plenty of signal no settings have been changed nor have any call barings have been put on it
i can still call out from the mobile but cant recieve any calls
the lady i rang on 789 was less than helpfull, tried to tell me that if i could ring out then the handset was fine, (if i wasnt so annoyed i would have laughed at her im not a tech support but i know there can be an incoming fault that doesnt effect outgoing calls )
i have had this handset since november and the virgin sim card for 2 years i brought my number over from vodaphone 2 years ago

anyone any ideas, or advice what i can do next as at this moment i have been left with a statement from the lady at virgin mobile telling me there is nothing wrong so in effect i am being told i am going to pay for a mobile phone that can only call out
easyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2009, 16:38   #2
easyt
Inactive

Services: 60mb BB L Tv XL landline 3x virgin mobiles 18
easyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mobile stopped accepting incoming calls today

ok update incase anyone else gets this
i called virgin mobile back and this time the call was answered in the uk,
as soon as i said i cant get incoming calls she asked if i had been with vodaphone before virgin, i was told it was a known issue (although it was a very new issue) that was being worked on and was causing problems for customers who had migrated their number to virgin from vodaphone but the tech guys or engineers (cant remember which she said) were working on it
as of 16.30 i can now again recieve incoming calls
easyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 18:19   #3
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Matthew has reached the bronze age
Matthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze age
Re: mobile stopped accepting incoming calls today

Apparently there was a problem with Vodafone this morning, I wasnt aware of any problems but people apparently couldnt recieve any calls on Vodafone.